Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Hazard 72 Leslie County 36
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Leslie fans talked their self up for 2 weeks on here.
Paper don’t mean anything they said. Lol
Scores in December don’t matter you said.
Who is playing the best ball in the region right now you asked.
Then you get in the biggest game of the year after talking smack for 2 weeks. And get smacked.
Paper might not mean much, but talk is cheap. And if your gonna sing it then you better bring it. Lol
Wasn’t a ball game from the start. Leslie fell apart.
Ugly from start to finish. Eagles were lost from the start, looked like they didn't know what a Basketball was.
Leslie players looked like they were glued to the floor. Hazard executed their offense and had great ball movement. The game was over in the first 2 minutes.
Congrats Dawgs !💙💛💙💛
Hazard playing great team ball! Gonna be extremely hard to beat.
Hazard was the best team in the region in December
They were the best team in the region in January
And now on February 25th they are still the best team in the region.
I’m sure some of hazards kids have been reading the Leslie talk.
Took care of business quick tonight.
Like I said, this would have been an upset.
Leslie made great strides and went toe to toe with some great teams to end the season.
These guys will come back tough next year.
Lowest amount of points Leslie scored all season. 99.99% of their scoring returns for next season but it’s hard to say that means much when you had one kid score over 5 points tonight. The talent is there but some of those kids need to do some soul searching and improve their game this summer.
Deer in the Headlights. Leslie was not prepared.. Hazard played triangle & 2 defense and Leslie's bigs were non-existent...Completely shut them down.

And it felt like Hazard hit every shot they shot... They will be tough to beat..
I Rule The World Wrote:Deer in the Headlights. Leslie was not prepared.. Hazard played triangle & 2 defense and Leslie's bigs were non-existent...Completely shut them down.

And it felt like Hazard hit every shot they shot... They will be tough to beat..

It's called Coaching !!!!!:blabbermo:blabbermo:blabbermo
[Image: ZDuU5li.gif]

Bolz, Hazard wore the shizzle nizzle out the eaglets last night in their own backyard and they never seen it coming. Reminded ole fatpat of Knott playing that semi pro Corbin team in the first round of the football playoffs, wowza!

#bigalbroughtthethunder More mash taters please!!!
JustThinking Wrote:It's called Coaching !!!!!:blabbermo:blabbermo:blabbermo

I shouldn't say not prepared, because Coach Rice is an excellent coach and has great knowledge of the game... I was meaning prepared for a big time crowd/game..
4ever witness Wrote:I been looking at both teams Leslie matches up with Hazard better than anyone in the region. Leslie has 2 bigs that can match up with theirs. No1 on hazards team can guard Trent Day man to man. Pelfery is an outstanding player but Leslie also has the best defender in the region with Trent Asher. If Leslies Bigs come to play and contain Hall this game is going to be wild. Not to mention Jason Baker has being playing like a man past 3 games and has been unstoppable in the post!
I got this from another thread... I thought Hazard would win anyways but this post and several others in last couple of weeks were extra motivation for the Hazard kids. Game was never in doubt with hazard jumping out 22-4.

Hazard bigs (Hall and Fletcher) dominated, 10-14 FG and controlled the boards, I love the Asher kid but he had no answer for Pelfrey (7-8 FG), Hazard frustrated Day and Hensley all night.

Leslie returns everyone next year and I think they can be pretty good, but just go easy with all the hype, in the social media age it puts more pressure on the kids.

good luck to both
hazard won... was anybody really expecting anything different or just hoping for the upset? The surprising things to me about this game is that Leslie came out and layed an egg and the score difference was way more than I expected, but those go hand in hand. As much as I hoped for an upset, I never even made a prediction on this website about this game. But just like the rest of Leslie today, I’ll eat my crow.
zaga_fan Wrote:Like I said, this would have been an upset.
Leslie made great strides and went toe to toe with some great teams to end the season.
These guys will come back tough next year.
Along with a loaded Buckhorn team next season, barring any transfers. The 54th will have 4 good team's next season.
Leslie & Buckhorn always gonna be pretenders