Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 49th District Tournament Red Bird 71 OBI 62 Final
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Final.
Hate to say it, but I called this one. Oneida has to be the most underachieved team in the State.
I also stated that it was a bad deal to let red bird beat u a week ago . Give a team a little air in the tank n beliefs that they can play with u and it's a dangerous thing. Hate it for OBI and was hoping they made it to play Clay but congrats to Red Bird. Just hope the coach at OBI can get things more organized next yr.
JustThinking Wrote:Hate to say it, but I called this one. Oneida has to be the most underachieved team in the State.

You also called them a top five team in the region in the summer. They were never nowhere near as good as you guys wanted to make them. They had decent wins over Middlesboro, W-burg and Wolfe, but lost to J. Frank White and Red Bird.
Well I can say this much from what I seen OBI is the worst coached team around. Talented bunch of boys but no coach sorry to say but tonight showed it all. Good luck to red bird and clay co Wednesday
From what I seen tonight is not necessarily the coach. Oneida had WAY to many turnovers and the white guard I think #24 killed them tonight, he hit a three first of the game and kept bombing them but never hit another shot the rest of the night, I lost count after 13 missed shots. No bench so that didn't help either. Oneida came back within 2 with about 2:00 minutes left in the game and Red Bird didn't have a player at the free throw line twice, that was a little crazy in my opinion. Clay and North in championship game anyway which is no surprise.
OBI has been overrated all season in my opinion. Never saw a thing that impressed me. (Unless they played cat home and got some “home cooking”
Yeah he was off that kid makes most 3 but the coach must have been telling him to shot I guess! But the big number 33 was putting it on OBI number 35 that hurt OBI as well!!
One more thing I seen why did the coach have number 3 handling the ball to many turn overs right out the gate! Well that games over now can’t wait to watch my jaguars Thursday..
HCS Wrote:You also called them a top five team in the region in the summer. They were never nowhere near as good as you guys wanted to make them. They had decent wins over Middlesboro, W-burg and Wolfe, but lost to J. Frank White and Red Bird.

I was speaking talent wise. I said if they could get a big and the Coach could get them to play def. they were a top 5 team. I still say talent wise they are very good. Poor Coaching job and a awful season. JMO
Night R Wrote:From what I seen tonight is not necessarily the coach. Oneida had WAY to many turnovers and the white guard I think #24 killed them tonight, he hit a three first of the game and kept bombing them but never hit another shot the rest of the night, I lost count after 13 missed shots. No bench so that didn't help either. Oneida came back within 2 with about 2:00 minutes left in the game and Red Bird didn't have a player at the free throw line twice, that was a little crazy in my opinion. Clay and North in championship game anyway which is no surprise.

90% of everything you mentioned is the Coach's fault. I think learning how to handle and protect the ball is a coach's responsibility. Teaching kids when to shoot and not shoot or set down is on the coach. Slice anyway you want it all comes back to the coach.
I agree with justthinking 100% on this one they never ran a play the hole night that I could see! They got talent but there was so much screaming coming from the bench and a man in the stands to those boys I don’t think I would have new what to do.. 😂
I thought Red Bird boys played extremely hard and their coach switched their defense a ton which didn’t let OBI get comfortable it looked like. OBI is extremely talented #11 for them could be scary good!
Well. Most people don’t understand what the coach has went through. A lot of people can say it’s coaches fault. They worked countless hours running plays after plays after plays. Working protecting the ball, what good shots and bad shots are. One thing you must understand a lot of these kids have no concept of what basketball is. They play just so they don’t have a job. The could careless if the win or lose. They are just there. It’s easy to critique the coach an say look at all that talent. These kids instead of growing up playing in structure play on the play ground where’s it’s about looking pretty and not winning.
IMO Oneida played terrible an one play decimated the outcome. And that’s the the missed dunk and the technical for hanging on rim. The coach changed defenses when the were down 10 moved 11 to baseline to get him more shots. If the dunk was made Oneida would have been up 2 with 5 to go.
Big mouth how can you say that? You had a better team at the first of the season then at the end what did the coach do to them??? That’s all of our question what did the coaching staff do to them?? I’ve never heard of either of the coaches playing ball so I’m sticking with the coaches are at fault to me that is when you go from a team that held south pretty good and north to getting beat by some of the teams that beat them!! And not all of your kids are from down there! So what happens from the start of the season to now??
NLFAN Wrote:Big mouth how can you say that? You had a better team at the first of the season then at the end what did the coach do to them??? That’s all of our question what did the coaching staff do to them?? I’ve never heard of either of the coaches playing ball so I’m sticking with the coaches are at fault to me that is when you go from a team that held south pretty good and north to getting beat by some of the teams that beat them!! And not all of your kids are from down there! So what happens from the start of the season to now??
One thing that is different is the injury’s. Before break 0 injuries. Now woods can’t play bulging disc. Estep played hurt for
Most of 2nd half of season. But it is what it is. I know the coach and the hours he put in. It’s easy to say that without being in the gym with them day in day out.
Also Oneida ended the season with 3 Jv starters starting on varsity.
The only defense I'm going to say is. OBI had the best big guy in 13th region and I watched several games OBI played and yes I blame the coach not one game I see OBI using the Hall kid like a team should use him. Hall pit OBI on his back many many times I watched and he was almost unstoppable with 2 n 3 defenders on him and I seen where if he got in trouble the ball would come back out. So how can u have a big n not use him 🤔 Then u take one of the best shooter xoshia that had no limit in range and at the beginning of the season u run the ball all through your guards n not allowing him to do what his strong point is 🤔 n sitting him n yelling at the kid where his mind was all over the place. U could see he was nervous to even shoot the ball in his face impressions. The coach might be a good guy but yelling n screaming at those boys has done nothing but cause the kids to lose heart n faith in their game u could see it from one game to the next. I seen where it went from praising the kids at the beginning of the season n sitting them on a star level to dropping them like a bomb n criticism them that they don't have heart n listen to they ain't that talent. How about the coach step up to the big boys pants n take a little heat that all yr he had a great team n he (Coach) failed at preparing them all season for post season. The kids can only do so much n that's where it comes down to actually how your coach can excute the X's n O's anybody that watch OBI play from Dec.1st till now knew they had a great talented bunch of boys and what I seen when OBI went to Gatlinburg over Christmas and the big kid got kicked off the team n sent home OBI started to struggle n was losing there identity and it was the kid had a bad attitude. Maybe OBI needs to set back and look at what went south with the kids n coaching staff and set down n fix the problems n build for next yr. Heck I'm not trying to start any fuss but hell I even have seen the coaches getting into it right on the side lines during the games n even pushing n shoving. So don't take me all wrong big mouth n think I'm just criticism OBI or the coaches but the truth is they are a problem some where n it all just can't fall back on the player's. They are just kids n needs some body to lead them n the coaches needs to be that role model. When u tare a kid down u also have to learn to build a kid back up if u want him to succeed. Correct when mistakes and praise when theirs joy.🙌👏 So I hope OBI has a great off season and comes back strong as ever next season. Good luck to OBI
obi reminds me of my best friend in high school. If we was playing pickup he would be one of first kids picked but if it was an actual game he would never see the floor. I know sounds odd to some folks. Basketball IQ and heart are way underrated in todays game
JayTiger Wrote:The only defense I'm going to say is. OBI had the best big guy in 13th region and I watched several games OBI played and yes I blame the coach not one game I see OBI using the Hall kid like a team should use him. Hall pit OBI on his back many many times I watched and he was almost unstoppable with 2 n 3 defenders on him and I seen where if he got in trouble the ball would come back out. So how can u have a big n not use him 🤔 Then u take one of the best shooter xoshia that had no limit in range and at the beginning of the season u run the ball all through your guards n not allowing him to do what his strong point is 🤔 n sitting him n yelling at the kid where his mind was all over the place. U could see he was nervous to even shoot the ball in his face impressions. The coach might be a good guy but yelling n screaming at those boys has done nothing but cause the kids to lose heart n faith in their game u could see it from one game to the next. I seen where it went from praising the kids at the beginning of the season n sitting them on a star level to dropping them like a bomb n criticism them that they don't have heart n listen to they ain't that talent. How about the coach step up to the big boys pants n take a little heat that all yr he had a great team n he (Coach) failed at preparing them all season for post season. The kids can only do so much n that's where it comes down to actually how your coach can excute the X's n O's anybody that watch OBI play from Dec.1st till now knew they had a great talented bunch of boys and what I seen when OBI went to Gatlinburg over Christmas and the big kid got kicked off the team n sent home OBI started to struggle n was losing there identity and it was the kid had a bad attitude. Maybe OBI needs to set back and look at what went south with the kids n coaching staff and set down n fix the problems n build for next yr. Heck I'm not trying to start any fuss but hell I even have seen the coaches getting into it right on the side lines during the games n even pushing n shoving. So don't take me all wrong big mouth n think I'm just criticism OBI or the coaches but the truth is they are a problem some where n it all just can't fall back on the player's. They are just kids n needs some body to lead them n the coaches needs to be that role model. When u tare a kid down u also have to learn to build a kid back up if u want him to succeed. Correct when mistakes and praise when theirs joy.🙌👏 So I hope OBI has a great off season and comes back strong as ever next season. Good luck to OBI

I saw the same things you saw. Totally Coach's fault. He has to own this. I'm sure he is a great guy. Being a great guy does not make you a good Coach. Had Marcum took the OBI job their season would have been totally different. End of Story.
JayTiger Wrote:The only defense I'm going to say is. OBI had the best big guy in 13th region and I watched several games OBI played and yes I blame the coach not one game I see OBI using the Hall kid like a team should use him. Hall pit OBI on his back many many times I watched and he was almost unstoppable with 2 n 3 defenders on him and I seen where if he got in trouble the ball would come back out. So how can u have a big n not use him 🤔 Then u take one of the best shooter xoshia that had no limit in range and at the beginning of the season u run the ball all through your guards n not allowing him to do what his strong point is 🤔 n sitting him n yelling at the kid where his mind was all over the place. U could see he was nervous to even shoot the ball in his face impressions. The coach might be a good guy but yelling n screaming at those boys has done nothing but cause the kids to lose heart n faith in their game u could see it from one game to the next. I seen where it went from praising the kids at the beginning of the season n sitting them on a star level to dropping them like a bomb n criticism them that they don't have heart n listen to they ain't that talent. How about the coach step up to the big boys pants n take a little heat that all yr he had a great team n he (Coach) failed at preparing them all season for post season. The kids can only do so much n that's where it comes down to actually how your coach can excute the X's n O's anybody that watch OBI play from Dec.1st till now knew they had a great talented bunch of boys and what I seen when OBI went to Gatlinburg over Christmas and the big kid got kicked off the team n sent home OBI started to struggle n was losing there identity and it was the kid had a bad attitude. Maybe OBI needs to set back and look at what went south with the kids n coaching staff and set down n fix the problems n build for next yr. Heck I'm not trying to start any fuss but hell I even have seen the coaches getting into it right on the side lines during the games n even pushing n shoving. So don't take me all wrong big mouth n think I'm just criticism OBI or the coaches but the truth is they are a problem some where n it all just can't fall back on the player's. They are just kids n needs some body to lead them n the coaches needs to be that role model. When u tare a kid down u also have to learn to build a kid back up if u want him to succeed. Correct when mistakes and praise when theirs joy.🙌👏 So I hope OBI has a great off season and comes back strong as ever next season. Good luck to OBI

I remember everyone blaming Gray and saying some of the OBI guys who played at Clay were treated unfairly. Maybe he knew what he was doing. I usually don't jump on the bandwagon when people want to blame the coach for players quitting.
What you don’t understand is the coach does take the blame. I’m defending him because I know what he has done to prepare the kids. Yelling at the kids because of not playing hard, never about taking bad shots. He did build them up. It also shows the basketball IQ of most of you all. People started playing Oneida a zone and surrounded hall. That’s what changed in the season. Before Christmas people played Oneida man, after Christmas very few did. That’s a big difference. Last thing I’m going to say about it. You can coach the kids all you want but at the end of the day they have to excite play defense and make shots.
Hcs the players I seen that came from clay can play ball they just had a off night like all the other kids at any other school but the hall ans Estep kid can play ball with anyone imo!!
HCS.... I don't think anyone would have wanted to let Hall go that had any IQ of basketball. So no Glenn Gray is not no where near being a good coach. The problem there is the same thing that's still taking place. To many parents going in locker room demanding this n demanding that. Robert Marcum still at clay coaching Hall would be starting big center for CC or even the 4 spot. Could u imagine Landon n Hall in the paint for Clay. Shoot Marcum would not be worried about going to region or even winning region it would be getting the play down to how he was going to win state. That's what would be going on at Clay. So no if u are thinking any at all that Glenn push these kids away due to hard work or listening that's not even close.
I can say this is clay had the two from
OBI they would definitely had helped clay in some way!
Oneida's Hall kid is a man instead of a kid, he was doubled and tripled the whole season and still put lots of points on the board. Seen he had 23 last night and he was basically begging for the ball the whole 4th qtr but no one was looking for him. Also hats off to the #11 Suchi kid seen where he had 22 points, that kid is awesome and imo can take a game over, he is fast as a rabbit and can take it to the goal anytime he is smooth.
AAA. Its over move onto new thing now. Could we see another upset tonight in 49th Jackson and North. It could be a interesting game I know I'll be front row to see how this plays outs. No offense but this just gives my 🐅 easy cruise into region. Now I hope Clay actually gets to go region so Glenn better be getting these boys ready for the region different environment n atmosphere over there in the arena and this group of boys ain't even seen what it's like. So that's the next chapter how will Clay react to the arena play.
NLFAN Wrote:I can say this is clay had the two from
OBI they would definitely had helped clay in some way!

The Hall kid would have for sure. Hall and Langdon would be the twin towers. What other player would have helped Clay? They are loaded with guards so I don't think they need any help there.
JayTiger Wrote:AAA. Its over move onto new thing now. Could we see another upset tonight in 49th Jackson and North. It could be a interesting game I know I'll be front row to see how this plays outs. No offense but this just gives my 🐅 easy cruise into region. Now I hope Clay actually gets to go region so Glenn better be getting these boys ready for the region different environment n atmosphere over there in the arena and this group of boys ain't even seen what it's like. So that's the next chapter how will Clay react to the arena play.

Hats off to your Clay team in the region but they will choke up in the Arena. Tonight may as well be an upset JayTiger I'm not gonna be front row but will be there 👍
Night rider the other kid would be the Estep boy he would sure help them next year after the other left they said he was from clay co if that’s the right one! Hall did play good but 33 for red bird gave him a hard way to go last night.
Oneida is gone so now I’d like to see Clay co. Or South win it.
Pages: 1 2