Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Can Ashland run the table
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I know that they have had a couple of close games with Boyd County and West Carter. I only was able to see them play twice this year once was a 40 point win over Russell and the buzzer beater against West.
Oleballcoach Wrote:I know that they have had a couple of close games with Boyd County and West Carter. I only was able to see them play twice this year once was a 40 point win over Russell and the buzzer beater against West.
The second game for Ashland against Russell was a different story. It was a 51-46 game. I don't see Ashland Running the Table.
I'd say there are at least 4 or 5 teams better than they are in the state. Cool story though.
Not a chance. They would have multiple losses if they were in almost any other region in the state. Nice team, great story. Just can't see the realistic possibility of them winning four games in Rupp and wouldn't be surprised if Rowan County got them in the regional. Plus, their draw is brutal for Sweet 16. They could be looking at a gauntlet that might look like John Hardin, Madisonville, Henry Clay, Louisville Male. If they get that done, they're obviously one of the all-time great teams going unbeaten and going through that bracket.
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:The second game for Ashland against Russell was a different story. It was a 51-46 game. I don't see Ashland Running the Table.

I wasn’t able to see that one. Wish I could have made it
Ashland has a very good team and play a style of ball that is very entertaining to watch but they will be lucky to make it out of the first round of the state tournament possibly against John Harden, great story though I wish them good luck
Lots of goods teams outside that region. Not to take away from their success. But they haven’t played much Competition
Regardless of what happens the rest of the way, Ashland has had a heck of a run. How many teams can say they have had an undefeated regular season? To answer the question, if I were a betting person, I would say no, I don't think they will run the table the rest of the way.
predict_proba Wrote:Lots of goods teams outside that region. Not to take away from their success. But they haven’t played much Competition
They’ve defeated Louisville Butler, Warren Central, Trinity (at Transylvania), Clark Co in Winchester, Madison Central in a tournament at Clark Co, Mason Co in Maysville, Johnson Central in Paintsville, the number 3 rated team in West Virginia, Union Co, Woodford County. That’s a pretty good schedule. Better than what about any team plays East of I-75.
Also, and I realize scrimmages in the summer don’t mean all that much, but last summer they beat Lexington Catholic and Ballard and lost by 1 point to John Hardin. And that was without 2 starters.

So this team is a little better than what most on this thread are indicating.
I admit they have been in a little bit of a slump in their outside shooting, which is a powerful weapon for them because all 5 starters are very good from behind the arc, but they shot it well in the last game, making 13 treys.
I believe they will win the 16th but I agree that the region winner has one of the toughest draws they could have gotten.
We’ll just have to see how it all plays out.