Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 49th district Tournament
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This will be a good tournament. Who you got winning it?
I have North Winning. Clay finishing runner up if they play well against Oneida. Wednesday nights game could be interesting if the right Oneida team shows up. If not it will be over in the first.
Clay isn't playing the best ball at the end of the season yet again just like the past couple years. I swear some teams just dread big games and I feel the tigers are one of those teams. Stats and history don't lie. Don't get me wrong they will be a tough out in district and region with their talent, but in the end I just don't think they can pull it off. With my predictions, I think obi beats red bird, north beats Jackson, clay beats obi and the north clay game should be interesting.
I agree with Wayne_ seems like the typical Clay team specially the game against Boyle County. Don't know what happened but heard that's the worse Clay played all year. I believe that if the Robinson kid is not ready to play Clay will be in bad trouble in the regional tournament. I say He puts alot points on the score board. Could be bad deal if he isn't playing. I agree with your predictions and am picking North to beat Clay in district championship especially without Robinson if he is not playing. But if Robinson does play you've got to take in perspective that he has not played or practiced for a good while so he is going to be bad rusty. Could get interesting!!!
I'm going out on a limb. Call me crazy or call me stupid I'm going crazy with major upset with this. North has dominated and also Clay has dominated but I think Coach Parrett has some undiscovered tricks and Jackson County beats North for the major upset in the region 62 to 54 with a slow pace half court game. I think Clay comes out without Robinson against OBI and OBI comes out of the gate firing n punches Clay right in the mouth and gets a 10 point lead n never looks back with Hall dominating like his hasn't before in regular season game n Clay gets in panic mode of not making it to region 3 yrs in a row and Clay collapse to finally put coach Glenn out as the head coach at Clay. With a score 74 to 58 OBI wins and Jackson and OBI battles it out in championship . 🤫🤫🤫 That's what u call a scary post season. And yes it could happen but it gives u something to talk or criticism me over now.🤣🤣🤣
But I will say seriously I had coffee with a assistant coach and he said that the main key he told Valentine keep North focused n not over look Parrett because he's coached against Parrett n he was a slick coach when he was a under dog and yes North was a little nervous going in to Jackson County playing Jackson county because he had watched Jackson play and North had not seen anywhere near the playing Jackson county has to offer and that they was a dangerous team to play first round with nothing to Lose. But he also said as long as North stays at there pass he thought they had it under control but it wouldn't be no 20 or 30 point win like prior season matchup.
Now Jay Tiger that would be a crazy district outcome. Let’s be serious. Oneida has very little chance. Jackson has a little more but not much with it being at home.
I know big Mouth but it gives us all something to sit and rack our brain with. Any thing is possible. But no I do see North n Clay being the two in the championship game but I could also see it going lop sided also. That's why season n post season is totally different n more exciting.
I was just waiting for the criticism n telling me how stupid I was that it couldn't no way in history could happen. It just gives these guys something to blow up at me on and just explain out how much more educated than I am.
That’s true. Oneida is so up an down, they could give clay all they want or get beat in first quarter.
Oneida still has to get by red bird tonight or we don’t have to worry about it
Right. I agree
It was a shocker that Red Bird beat oneida after oneida beat them earlier in season close to 30. That shows how teams can improve. And yes from what I've heard oneida is either on or off. Anxious to hear what oneida team shows up tonight. Gotta love 13th region basketball
OBI 72 Red Bird 58
North 87 Jackson 61
Clay 68 OBI 57
North 76 Clay 72
There won’t be many surprises in any of the 13th region districts. The big boys (South, North, Clay, KC and Harlan Co) will win first round and qualify.

It’s the other games I find interesting: Lynn Camp/Bville, Corbin/Wburg, middlesboro/Harlan Ind
Oneida 5-15 over the last 20 games. Could struggle with Red Bird. Cannot beat Clay. N. Laurel could have a little trouble with Jackson but I doubt it. I pick Clay to win 49th and If I had to pick someone in 10 years to win 49th it would be Clay. JMO
JayTiger Wrote:I'm going out on a limb. Call me crazy or call me stupid I'm going crazy with major upset with this. North has dominated and also Clay has dominated but I think Coach Parrett has some undiscovered tricks and Jackson County beats North for the major upset in the region 62 to 54 with a slow pace half court game. I think Clay comes out without Robinson against OBI and OBI comes out of the gate firing n punches Clay right in the mouth and gets a 10 point lead n never looks back with Hall dominating like his hasn't before in regular season game n Clay gets in panic mode of not making it to region 3 yrs in a row and Clay collapse to finally put coach Glenn out as the head coach at Clay. With a score 74 to 58 OBI wins and Jackson and OBI battles it out in championship . 🤫🤫🤫 That's what u call a scary post season. And yes it could happen but it gives u something to talk or criticism me over now.🤣🤣🤣

You couldn’t have been more wrong.