Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Greenup Co. suspends Coach’s and Player immediately
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Anyone have any details about this particular situation? All I’ve seen was from a tweet (linked below) that had a statement attached from Greenup County superintendent saying the head coach, assistant coach, and one player have been ruled ineligible and suspended for the remainder of the season.

Anyone have a scoop?

Tweet

https://twitter.com/collierszlive/status...11360?s=21
I have no Scoop but have an idea who the athlete could be in question could be.
Was on the Daily Independent Mobile App.
James Collier was one of if not the first to break the news shortly after Greenup Superintendent put it out the release. Even before dailyindependent.com or their app had it.
What was this over?
MADDBOMBER14 Wrote:What was this over?
Possible Ineligible player.
If the player I'm thinking of is the one in question that player is a senior this year.
Ineligible for what reason? And let’s not use the kids name in this situation. Coach’s fine, but not the kids names.
Spud6 Wrote:Ineligible for what reason? And let’s not use the kids name in this situation. Coach’s fine, but not the kids names.
I haven't used any players name, nothing wrong with stating the player I'm thinking that could be in question is a senior.
Ineligible due to residence or ineligible due to academics? If academics then the coaches were covering it up (highly unlikely in my opinion because of the difficulty and just blatant stupidity to even try that with teachers/admin). If residence is issue (which is more likely because two coaches are suspended) did a kid live somewhere else and claim this district, live with a coach, etc?
I have been advised to not make an immediate statement but will have an official statement soon. The most important thing to me is the well-being of my players and they’re given the opportunity to be as successful as possible in the upcoming tournament.

- RA

From his twitter account
Also from his Twitter.

Being from the mountains of eastern Ky, you’re a fighter. My main concern is the well-being of my players. Even if I’m not allowed to coach, I would like to see the full team on the floor. The player in question has been eligible all year and I hope he gets to join his teammates
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:I haven't used any players name, nothing wrong with stating the player I'm thinking that could be in question is a senior.

Wasn’t accusing you. Just stating that.

Sorry if you took it that way
Explorer Wrote:I have been advised to not make an immediate statement but will have an official statement soon. The most important thing to me is the well-being of my players and they’re given the opportunity to be as successful as possible in the upcoming tournament.

- RA

From his twitter account

Explorer Wrote:Also from his Twitter.

Being from the mountains of eastern Ky, you’re a fighter. My main concern is the well-being of my players. Even if I’m not allowed to coach, I would like to see the full team on the floor. The player in question has been eligible all year and I hope he gets to join his teammates

Thanks for these. Sounds like it’s something that just happened.
Spud6 Wrote:Wasn’t accusing you. Just stating that.

Sorry if you took it that way
No problem, I just wasn't sure if that was directed at me or not.
Once they release the player's name, you can talk about it all you want, so long as it's not blatantly criminal behavior on the kid's behalf (unlikely).

I'm interested to see what the situation is.
zaga_fan Wrote:Once they release the player's name, you can talk about it all you want, so long as it's not blatantly criminal behavior on the kid's behalf (unlikely).

I'm interested to see what the situation is.

Incorrect. Leave the kid’s name out of it. Be an adult.
Bluegrass01 Wrote:Incorrect. Leave the kid’s name out of it. Be an adult.

Depends on the age of the kid if he is 18 he is an adult if not no question leave him out of it.
18 or not he is a kid still in high school, leave his name out of it.
the kid in ? has already posted om social media about it. I dont know why you couldnt use his name now
You can look at the roster from the last couple of years and figure it out pretty quick. No reason to post it here.
Is it academic or residential ineligibility?
It doesn't matter if he's drawing social security, if the student athlete is still in high school, he is off limits to be named on this board. If this was about an injury or anything out of the legal realm it would be different. This kid finds himself in the middle of a predicament that may or may not be his fault. More times than not, it isn't the athlete's fault.

I will delete any posts than names this kid specifically.
Just saw the social media post from the ineligible student. Timing of this ruling is just odd.
I hate to hear that the player is suspended, especially if he is a senior. Hopefully they can get this resolved soon for the player.
Explorer Wrote:Just saw the social media post from the ineligible student. Timing of this ruling is just odd.

I agree. Why let the player in question play all season then rule him ineligible come tournament time. It just seems odd.
As soon as the asst. coach brought him in, I knew it would be a snowball! It's a shame these things keep going on in schools. The kids in the long run are the ones that get hurt...…
Westside Wrote:I agree. Why let the player in question play all season then rule him ineligible come tournament time. It just seems odd.

When the infraction is discovered in February then action is taken in February. That is why it is now.
So the khsaa ruled in eligible but the super decided to rule him ineligible? What’s not making sense about that?
Pages: 1 2 3 4