Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Boyle Co. 65 Clay Co. 48
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What happened here? Shocking score. I know clay may be dealing with an injury with Robinson but come on. I hear Robinson is fine and just waiting for district, which makes no sense to me why he isn't playing now. Boyle is way down this year. Bell beat clay too not to long ago. Doesn't look like clay is peaking at the right time again like the last two years.
Wow, what happened??? This shouldn't be so. Just like I've said in other threads.... without Robinson playing Clay is in trouble. Heard he was ready to play but waiting until district. Hope he's ready next week.
I’m hearing he’s not ready and will only play against north if it’s a must. Better not overlook first round
Bigmouth1953 Wrote:I’m hearing he’s not ready and will only play against north if it’s a must. Better not overlook first round

Not true. Robinson is ready. In the big picture it won't matter. The stats show when the post season comes clay tightens up. Great kids, poor coaching. Clay should win region, but I will be shocked if they do. I cant wait until Little A takes over.
Wayne_ Wrote:Not true. Robinson is ready. In the big picture it won't matter. The stats show when the post season comes clay tightens up. Great kids, poor coaching. Clay should win region, but I will be shocked if they do. I cant wait until Little A takes over.

Agree on coaching but you couldn't put me in Clay's coaching shoes. Your also right on post season which is probably what happened last night against Boyle Co. You've got parents running the show and going in locker rooms to go off on him and charging out of games mad that I seen twice this year is not good, that's on the coach for letting that go on. Then you've got me, me, me ballplayers. DRAMA and basketball don't go together. Robert Marcum should've never been done like he was and Clay would have been to region every year and probably win state this year. Clay will go to region this year but will not win region. Parents and kids are not suppose to be leaders and in charge of a TEAM that's the coaches responsibility and falls on him. Glenn will quit after this bunch because of not having a good team. That is what people thought Robert did which IS NOT true, he seen what was coming. Pretty bad that all the parents of these kids at Clay wanted Glenn, got what they wanted, and as of last year wanted him gone. I guess it is what it is. If I was Robinson I would go somewhere next year to get recognized because my opinion if he does he will be in the running for Mr. Basketball that kid is beast 💪💪
Night R Wrote:Agree on coaching but you couldn't put me in Clay's coaching shoes. Your also right on post season which is probably what happened last night against Boyle Co. You've got parents running the show and going in locker rooms to go off on him and charging out of games mad that I seen twice this year is not good, that's on the coach for letting that go on. Then you've got me, me, me ballplayers. DRAMA and basketball don't go together. Robert Marcum should've never been done like he was and Clay would have been to region every year and probably win state this year. Clay will go to region this year but will not win region. Parents and kids are not suppose to be leaders and in charge of a TEAM that's the coaches responsibility and falls on him. Glenn will quit after this bunch because of not having a good team. That is what people thought Robert did which IS NOT true, he seen what was coming. Pretty bad that all the parents of these kids at Clay wanted Glenn, got what they wanted, and as of last year wanted him gone. I guess it is what it is. If I was Robinson I would go somewhere next year to get recognized because my opinion if he does he will be in the running for Mr. Basketball that kid is beast 💪💪

Well said and true. Clay is all political and the past is the past. I think robert is happy not coaching, but he sure was a good one. I heard he made it kinda clear that he would never coach at clay again with Sexton as a boss and I dont blame him. I think coach keith would win state with this bunch and robert would get to final 4 with the draw. I will be happy when Glenn retires and little A gets his shot. He will have his hands full though because gray has destroyed the program for the future. Wait and see because he has ran everyone off except for this bunch that was supposed to win three regions.
Wayne_ Wrote:Well said and true. Clay is all political and the past is the past. I think robert is happy not coaching, but he sure was a good one. I heard he made it kinda clear that he would never coach at clay again with Sexton as a boss and I dont blame him. I think coach keith would win state with this bunch and robert would get to final 4 with the draw. I will be happy when Glenn retires and little A gets his shot. He will have his hands full though because gray has destroyed the program for the future. Wait and see because he has ran everyone off except for this bunch that was supposed to win three regions.

Amen brother, you hit that on the nail head. Glenn will leave Clay high and dry to start a new program. Absolutley Coach Keith would win the state with this bunch. I don't blame Robert at all with the politics. The beginning of this year I heard Robert thought about taking Oneida job but turned it down, not 100% sure about that, it was hear say. Man if he had that bunch with Hall he would walk to the region. Don't get me wrong the new coach down there will do good if he can get true players in there like Hall, Woods kid, tall black kid and Estep. That's what I think has killed them this year that's all they have and no bench.
It’s politics everywhere but I’ve always heard you don’t play at clay unless you got pull and that they have been a many good player ran off or bench so a kid that’s parents thought they was someone or had something could play! Looks like clay better play who can play or they aren’t never going to get out of district. From what I’m hearing after next year clay want have nothing to work with
NLFAN Wrote:It’s politics everywhere but I’ve always heard you don’t play at clay unless you got pull and that they have been a many good player ran off or bench so a kid that’s parents thought they was someone or had something could play! Looks like clay better play who can play or they aren’t never going to get out of district. From what I’m hearing after next year clay want have nothing to work with

You heard right, that's why coach will leave and that's why if I was Robinson kid I would go somewhere else. Yes politics are bad everywhere I agree 100%
Sucks but Oneida will not have Woods going forward. Got news today.
Bigmouth1953 Wrote:Sucks but Oneida will not have Woods going forward. Got news today.

That's gonna hurt Oneida bad, what is going with Woods that he can't play? Heard he has not played a few games but wasn't sure why? Definently bad for Oneida especially getting beat by Red Bird and has to face them again first district game. Seems like alot of injuries and sickness going on post season. Seen where Cole Kelly had flu bug but should be better come district play time.
Night R Wrote:That's gonna hurt Oneida bad, what is going with Woods that he can't play? Heard he has not played a few games but wasn't sure why? Definently bad for Oneida especially getting beat by Red Bird and has to face them again first district game. Seems like alot of injuries and sickness going on post season. Seen where Cole Kelly had flu bug but should be better come district play time.
He has a bulging disk and Dr. don’t want him to play.
I don’t think the woods boy will hurt much! He don’t bring many points from what I can see on the stats. I’ll be there to watch this game as well as the clay co game.. Kelly will be ready by district from what I’m told so north will be good
NLFAN Wrote:I don’t think the woods boy will hurt much! He don’t bring many points from what I can see on the stats. I’ll be there to watch this game as well as the clay co game.. Kelly will be ready by district from what I’m told so north will be good

You could be right about Woods kid and glad to hear Kelly will be ready. The Clay and North championship game will definitely be a good game, I can see this one going down to the wire
Hate to hear this about the Woods kid, don't like seeing any player hurt and especially post season.
Not sure why people are shocked about Gray's lack of success in the post season at Clay. What experience did he have to get the job??? At least Clay has attempted to play man to man D this year. That's a step in the right direction.
nedreader Wrote:Not sure why people are shocked about Gray's lack of success in the post season at Clay. What experience did he have to get the job??? At least Clay has attempted to play man to man D this year. That's a step in the right direction.

Agree 100% lol. People acting shocked is funny. One of his employees that all of a sudden became a board member right at the right time (hahaha) is how he got the job. He has planned on coaching until his little hacker bunch graduates this year and then he will leave the team high and dry. It also amazes me at how the Hacker kiddo's parent's wanted him so bad once their kid's reached high school but has been to the school board on him to get rid of him lol. Got what you wanted parent's now deal with it. So sad that this bunch of talented kids will go to region but not the state this year. Shame he won't stay for Robinson, Farmer, and Abner along with the other kid's. Depending on who is in the click with school board on who gets next job isn't that right JayTiger 👍👍 I'm all about Clay and hate to see these young men not get to go to the state. Experience would be grade school coach 🤣🤣🤣