Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Whitley Co. 77. Bell Co 49
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Congratulations to the Colonels , Bell not so good. Something not right with this team at Bell. Tons of talent and they just can’t win consistently.
I guess 3 of our starters were out again. At least that is what I am going with.
What really was the problem last night? Different stories so I was wanting to know. I know illness is going around at all schools.
It was clear that Whitley had the better athletes. They out defended and out hustled a low to medium talented team in Bell. And before you go nuts on me talented teams don’t get held yo 4 points in a quarter by any team but especially Whitley County who has zero coaching going on most games. Congrats to Whitley on a great game and winning is spite of all the bumps in front of you.
Bell 14-30 on free throws or something like that i believe, congrats diaper dandies.
Whitley deserved the win. Shot lights out. 10-21 from 3.
not good scheduling IMO for bell. that was there 6th game in 9 days. feb 10th at clay, 12th boro, 14th rock, 15th burg, 17th berea, 18th whitley. they still have 2 more games in the next three days 20th obi and 21st perry then start district play tired bodies and legs is awful this time of year. they will have 3 days before district starts i believe to rest a little
congrats to whitley co. good win
Franchise Wrote:Whitley deserved the win. Shot lights out. 10-21 from 3.

Yeap, also Trevor with probably his best all around game of the year.
Rainingthrees Wrote:Yeap, also Trevor with probably his best all around game of the year.

Is that the Downs kid? If so, he’s tough down low.
Franchise Wrote:Is that the Downs kid? If so, he’s tough down low.

Yeap, going to be a hand full the next 2 years down low.
What is Bell's record now?
Whitley hit 13 3s in a losing effort at Jackson City so they definitely are capable of filling it up.
Bell Co is 11-16
Maybe Bell is looking ahead to the District tourney at Harlan County
this was a terrible loss .. i hope we can get things straightened out for district
Looks like Bell got beat again last night at home by Perry. I would imagine there are some disappointed fan. I imagine with the new coach their expectations were much higher than 12-17!!!
Sizemore has talent. He had great talent at NL. North is rolling and Bell isn’t and North competition is tougher. Obviously Bell got the mayor’s son-in-law coach and family back while Bell is spending a ridiculous amount of money on him. Good luck to Bell and their basketball search next year. Those player’s deserve to be winning team and coach. Good luck in 52nd.
What do you mean by their basketball search next year? Will Bell be looking for a coach again next year?
Just saying the way expectations went with Sizemore (supposedly) making NL that program what it is today. He would do the same with Bell’s talent which is great! I was being sarcastic, but he can’t take them back to the days of Morris. Bell needs a better coach to take the 52nd and compete in the 13th consistently.
four quarters Wrote:Just saying the way expectations went with Sizemore (supposedly) making NL that program what it is today. He would do the same with Bell’s talent which is great! I was being sarcastic, but he can’t take them back to the days of Morris. Bell needs a better coach to take the 52nd and compete in the 13th consistently.

The last few years of Morris weren’t pretty. Several losing seasons.

This year hasn’t been great. But a win Tuesday would be great! What Sizemore has had several injuries down the stretch. That hadn’t helped. He needs more time.
four quarters Wrote:Sizemore has talent. He had great talent at NL. North is rolling and Bell isn’t and North competition is tougher. Obviously Bell got the mayor’s son-in-law coach and family back while Bell is spending a ridiculous amount of money on him. Good luck to Bell and their basketball search next year. Those player’s deserve to be winning team and coach. Good luck in 52nd.

Your obsession with bashing Coach Sizemore is laughable. If you ever had anything positive to say about Bell I might care what your opinion is, but fact is you are just someone with an axe to grind.
IF you state the obvious you have a axe to grind. He is the Mayors son-in-law, he makes a ton of money for coaching, when it all shakes out about 32,000 on top of salary. He was brought here with very high expectations and last but not least they have a losing record and not come close to those expectations. What is false? I don't have an axe to grind, just expected much more. Now can they save the season , absolutely!! Win the district and make a great showing in region, this is why he makes the big money, Right?
I’m just posting what others discuss and agree. I hope they do good in 52nd and make the 13th. I just think expectations are too high for him because of record at NL. He did have a good record, but you know the talent not coaching had a big deal of his record. Why didn’t they go to Williamsburg and get an alumni to coach?
Make no mistake this hire was never about basketball. It was about Scott Madon being moved back to Bell County with all his support. It was about politics plain and simple. Now i agree, the talent he had at North makes him an underachiever and it is showing now. If Napier had the ties , he would have been our coach. With Y. Gilliam and T. Gambrel you never get what you think you are and the reasoning only has their personal best interest in mind. That is why if we give Tom Gambrel this superintendent job it will be detrimental to our school system and the education of our children.
Have to agree with you WhyLie. Sounds like you are spot on!!! BTW, Bell just lost in the first round of the district, again!!!
Saw the score. Crazy score I heard at halftime. WhyLie is all over the topic like I’ve been saying. Great post!!!! I don’t know it all, but been around for a long time in the 13th region. Napier has done a good job.
four quarters Wrote:Saw the score. Crazy score I heard at halftime. WhyLie is all over the topic like I’ve been saying. Great post!!!! I don’t know it all, but been around for a long time in the 13th region. Napier has done a good job.

Yep 90-50 sure seems like a good job. Napier will be available after this year from what I’ve heard so maybe you should lobby for him to come be the assistant.
WhyLie Wrote:Make no mistake this hire was never about basketball. It was about Scott Madon being moved back to Bell County with all his support. It was about politics plain and simple. Now i agree, the talent he had at North makes him an underachiever and it is showing now. If Napier had the ties , he would have been our coach. With Y. Gilliam and T. Gambrel you never get what you think you are and the reasoning only has their personal best interest in mind. That is why if we give Tom Gambrel this superintendent job it will be detrimental to our school system and the education of our children.

The truth will stand when all else falls. This is it
Loss is a loss. Bell and Williamsburg split this year. What happened to having the best point guard in the region and a top coach coming in to take us to the next level? 90-60. Who knows what happened? I didn’t go to the game . Just stating what went down with Bell this year. Check out WhyLie and his knowledge. Hate it for the kids cause it’s a great bunch of players. Good luck Harlan City and County.
Pages: 1 2