Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Knox Central 76 - Knott Co Central 67
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Patriots fought hard. Williams was huge with a double double, the freshman Slone had 10, he’s starting to play really well as 5th starter, Damron passed a lot better, but Knox was just too much. Great team win for the panthers, but there was some good signs for KCC going into district.
Damron played much better. Somebody must have spoke to him about passing the ball. He also shot well, he has perfected the floater. The Williams kid played the best I have ever seen him play. Defense was what caused Patriots to lose. To many easy shots under the basket and wide open 3’s. Defense wins ballgames. If they figure that out they could be ok. Hazard and Perry gonna be tough, but Knott plays well at home. That’s an advantage going into region. Knox passes the ball quick and hard, Sometimes to hard and to many passes, but they do a good job with it for the most part. They have a lot of athleticism on their team. Very quick and shot the ball well. Great defense too.
I appreciate TV24 for airing the game. Interview with McGuire was nice. He seems like a good kid. Hate this injury for him. Hope the boy can make it back and play during region on his home floor.
Knox was well coached and must have scouted well, they kept a man on Napier the whole game and pressured Damron.
Damron had a few spells where he was selfish but did much better.
Got to run plays for Napier he is by far their best shooter.
If Damron got 15pts and 8 assists he’d be a Hell of a lot better player than when he scores 25.
Knott had Smith out with sickness and Williams carried the load.
His best scoring night with 20,he’s had better rebound nights, had 11, but Knox shot 84% from 2pt, not a lot of boards to get.
They are still Gonna be tough just have to survive til the big kid gets back.
[Image: AmusingFloweryIndianglassfish-max-1mb.gif] Bolz shot ourselves in the foot and missed too many gimmies baby!Big Bizness snapped a clipboard and mad as a mutha!Brown Sugar all but set the ole teammates up for daylight shots and just didnt fall through the ole peach basket!Negative wowza!Napper needs about 8 more shots a game and wez be cruising at mach speed! #loadedup #comingtogetherslowly #districtbannercoming #spideysensesgoingbonkers More mash taters please!!
[Image: 1Orhd6z.gif]

Trickery had the best of the Pats last night causing Higgy and Leaping London to sit out with the punkin juice flu, wowza! Not having Leaping London in the lineup sure had us hung up brutha! Brown Sugar was droppin dimes and White Choc was shaquil like, but we have to get others to step up. Not sure what happened to the Bounty Hunter but he was skipping rocks all night. The King went to the bottom of the well last night but we couldn't bring up enough water.

#timetoheal #brownsugarpackingtheload More mash taters please!!!
Brown sugar needs to pass the rock,
Got the best shooter in the 14th (in my opinion), in Napier and winter give him the ball.
Williams can do that every night, he had 20 points and 11 boards and has been getting double digit rebounds almost every game this season. He can’t do anything when the point guard drives to the hole with three on him and tries to shoot. He won’t get the calls in tourney time.
I respectfully disagree with Fat Pat on this one brown sugar isn’t packing the load he’s hurting his team. The other players have to be involved to win in this competitive region.
BB has to have a talk with him, they were in this game when he was passing and shooting, and slowly lost their chance when he got selfish in the late third and fourth.
It’s a bad pattern.
The heart of the team is in the hustle areas:
Williams, Smith, Slone and Napier.
Damron is a great kid and a real good player but he’s better when he moves the ball and shares the rock.
They will eat when everyone on the team eats!
I agree with ol school. If Damron plays team ball, he is a very good PG, and this team has a chance to be a threat, but when he goes into bobble head mode, the patriots are done!! If Williams keeps rebounding and can pitch in 6-8 points, Napier get his 15, Damron get 12 points and 7-8 assists, Slone gets his 8-9 points and continues to take care of ball, Slone is also usually the one coach king has guard the opposing teams best player I’ve noticed, and he has been in foul trouble last 2 games, so he has to play solid defense, and if Smith gets his points and boards this team can win a couple games. But all that depends on the leader Kent Damron, will be become a pass first point guard. I personally doubt it. And I see perry central winning region...
With Slone, he makes some freshman mistakes in regards to fouls, you love to see the aggression on defense but sitting on the bench doesn’t help his team. He is one of the few guards on the team that moves his feet and keeps the defender in front of him.
Having played limited minutes, he is used to taking risks, but as a starter and pivotal player he now needs to be smarter with his fouls.
He picked one up last night going over the back when he was boxed out, worth the risk in limited minutes but not if ur team needs you to play more minutes. He’s going to be real good.
Also a key to their success will be stopping the drive up front, staying in front of their man.
So far this year the guards up front have given up the drive leaving the bigs to stop layups. This has caused foul trouble on the bigs all season. With McGuire out they have to stop the drive and protect those fouls on the bigs.
Move your feet stay in front of your man, if the bigs have to go stop the drive the boxes on the post are left open and that has killed them all year. The 14th region teams pass well and take advantage of that every time.
Often they get the basket and the foul on a big who is trying to get back after stopping the drive.
Hands up on defense and hands up on shooters.
Basic fundamentals on defense.
well said. Old school. I’ve watched a lot of perry central, hazard and kcc games over the years, kinda got ties with all 3 schools. Never really root for one in particular. But I think perry will come out of region this year, had Knott still had mcguire they had a good shot, but I don’t think Slone, Smith, and Haddix are gonna be enough to make a run a t region. But with that being said, next year when Napier, McGuire, Damron, Sheppard all return as seniors and the younger kids like Slone and Smith grow and mature, Knott may be the team to beat next year.
[Image: expect_the_unexpected_4.gif] Hoopla and ole school hold on like this lil fella and enjoy the ride cauze wez coming in wide open!Bolz ole Fatpat invented ole school and been around boys hoops while you lil ones was in huggie diapers!Grammy told ole Fatpat wore size 8 to 9 in diaper size as a toddlee!Said grammy what size that for and she said 60-70 pound baby!Wowza!So ole Fatpat going to break this down for you tater style!Brown Sugar been passing the rock tad better but gotz to make the shot go in the metal hole with a net on it King said!Genius thinking cuz it is how the points are scored!Pats are loaded up from top to bottom and you not seen nothing til youz see Dr Drake thats coming up be running beside Brown Sugar next year!Leaping London is showing potential Evan Hall style!White Chocolate 2.0 Williams is a freaking beast baby!Napper is lights out!SS Minnow Shepherd needs about three more years and be something special!The frosh been helping since McGuire broke the ole colly bone and Pat Nation appreciates all that til Spidey comes back which makes the ole tater depth chart even better!Just like Journey sings all the time Ooh, the fans in the sky keeps on turning
I don't know where I'll be tomorrow
Big a$# ans in the sky keep on turning baby at Mortys! #bigfansdontneverquit #teamballwinsgames #loadedup #everybodyhasarole More mash taters please!!!
FatPat I been around basketball for 50 years!
I was respectfully disagreeing only.
I am a huge Patriot fan, and an alumni.
Come on Pat all you talk about is the one player, to everyone else he’s hurting the team.
Damron isn’t carrying the load and isn’t the heart of the team, he has been playing selfish, and has a big role in the four straight losses.
He could be the mvp but doesn’t realize you don’t do that by shooting alone. He passed well in the first half, but it seems like if someone else starts to score, he takes over so he won’t be outdone.
They are loaded and have a very bright future.
If McGuire were healthy I think they would be the favorite to win the 14th.
The problem is, no matter how loaded u are and how much talent you have, they can’t contribute when the Pg goes one on four to the lane every play. More often than not, he brings the ball up the court, and shoots without a single pass and for sure without running the set play. He is a very good player, but has to know he can’t win when he is the only player shooting. The past four games have proven that other teams know he does this, he is getting pressured as he comes across the line, often doubled, instead of passing, he dribbles through and shoots on three people. Basic basketball stuff if there are three player on you there are people open. When you force shots you can’t rebound well and can’t get back on defense.
They can’t beat anybody like that.
They were playing well against Knox when he was passing, but late third and fourth quarter, he went away from team ball, and the ship sunk. No way Colby Napier shouldn’t be getting the ball in the fourth quarter, and he will not pass it to him in the third and fourth.
Williams had 14 in the first half, 4 in the third and only two in the 4th quarter.
He played like a beast and got froze out cause the pg and the three was the only shots taken in the late third and the entire fourth.
Can’t win like that Pat.
Oldschool91 Wrote:FatPat I been around basketball for 50 years!
I was respectfully disagreeing only.
I am a huge Patriot fan, and an alumni.
Come on Pat all you talk about is the one player, to everyone else he’s hurting the team.
Damron isn’t carrying the load and isn’t the heart of the team, he has been playing selfish, and has a big role in the four straight losses.
He could be the mvp but doesn’t realize you don’t do that by shooting alone. He passed well in the first half, but it seems like if someone else starts to score, he takes over so he won’t be outdone.
They are loaded and have a very bright future.
If McGuire were healthy I think they would be the favorite to win the 14th.
The problem is, no matter how loaded u are and how much talent you have, they can’t contribute when the Pg goes one on four to the lane every play. More often than not, he brings the ball up the court, and shoots without a single pass and for sure without running the set play. He is a very good player, but has to know he can’t win when he is the only player shooting. The past four games have proven that other teams know he does this, he is getting pressured as he comes across the line, often doubled, instead of passing, he dribbles through and shoots on three people. Basic basketball stuff if there are three player on you there are people open. When you force shots you can’t rebound well and can’t get back on defense.
They can’t beat anybody like that.
They were playing well against Knox when he was passing, but late third and fourth quarter, he went away from team ball, and the ship sunk. No way Colby Napier shouldn’t be getting the ball in the fourth quarter, and he will not pass it to him in the third and fourth.
Williams had 14 in the first half, 4 in the third and only two in the 4th quarter.
He played like a beast and got froze out cause the pg and the three was the only shots taken in the late third and the entire fourth.
Can’t win like that Pat.

[Image: ToUn5fO.png]

skool boi, Ole fatpat is in a good mood today brutha. Enjoying the flakes in my pjs after a feast at Joes Chicken. Now let's examine what you sayin. Brown Sugar is averaging 17 points/4 assists/4 rebounds/2 steals/3 deflections a game and still has time to get ole fatpat some popcorn at halftime. The assist column is not where we want it cause we missing shots or don't know what to do with it when we catch it. Here's you a nugget brutha, in the last game with KNOX, they were denying Brown Sugar and Quickdraw. They put one defender at top of key and that mutha ended up guarding two of our playas at the same time. We tossed it back and forth between huffy and the Hambone. Ended up turning it over when all they had to do is catch and shoot. Now, shep dog is suffering from that same type of arthritic state my friend. He catches it and has enough room to build a small structure, but seems confused like a mutha. We missed Leaping London Poffo last game. Now that mutha can play and he doesn't play like he's a freshman. HamBone, Doc Holliday Haddix, and Huffy were skipping rocks off the goal most of the night. Combined 4/17 brutha plus a few freshman turnovers. I'm sure that was Brown Sugar's fault too. Napper gotz to get down the court a lil faster and keep up with posse. Brown Sugar running like he's training for the next derby while everyone else including Roy is enjoying the show. Let's look at rebounding my friend. How does Quickdraw get zero taters from the boards? Is that on Brown Sugar as well? At the end of the concessions, give me Brown Sugar all day long. Add in Quickdraw, Leaping London Poffo and White Choc 2.0 and we running like the bank robbers did in 78. So my question to you is, have you shaken hands with Morty? Been in a conversation with Beckham? Talked strategy with Vesper? No milli vanilli here brutha. No lip syncing or pretending to know or be in the know of Patriot Nation. I am Patriot Nation my friend.

#poursomebrownsugaronme #dontblameitontherainorbrownsugar More mash taters please!!!
[Image: 200.gif] #soundofcrickets&taters #patsarefreakingloaded #jumponthebandwagon More mash taters please!!!
I get what you’re saying fatpat, Damron is the leader and as he goes, so goes the team, some interesting stats. The last 4 games

Damron averaging 15.6 on 14 shot attempts per game average.

Napier averaging 16.5 on 9 shots per game

Williams averaging 8.3 on 7 shots per game

Slone averaging 7.4 on 4 shots per game

Smith averaging 6.9 on 3 shots per game. His average is up from free throw line.

I think what everyone is saying, if Damron will up his 2 assist per game and get Napier and the boys a few open looks, this team will be a threat to win a game in region. But if not, then Damron has to score 25 and Napier has to hit 30 before they can win. And you’re right, last game Damron was a stud, the freshman. Went 2-14 from 3’s, Slone 2-5, Haddix 0-7 and huff 0-2, that’s not Damrons fault. But you’ll never see Haddix go 0-7 again. I’d like to see the patriots get it together. But it all depends on #2 Damron. He’s the leader and everyone has to follow his lead. We will see what coach king has in store next Friday... and you make some very interesting post fat pat. I like reading them.