Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Nathan McPeek Named Head Coach at Douglass
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
According to sources Mcpeek's interim tag has been removed.
Texas2step Wrote:According to sources Mcpeek's interim tag has been removed.

No one is surprised by this. Been in the works for 3yrs, he was hired even before Landis. The saga continues.
A real shocker.lol
Are you all saying this is a bad hire or that this was just outright obvious?
Spud6 Wrote:Are you all saying this is a bad hire or that this was just outright obvious?

Obvious x10- Uncle hired him, and most everyone knew then. Hired Landis(heck of a Coach) just to let all the smoke blow over, in my opinion.
He’s definitely got a challenge before him. Brian Landis will be a very hard act to follow. His intensity is on another level.
Saw this coming..
Tigerallamerican Wrote:He’s definitely got a challenge before him. Brian Landis will be a very hard act to follow. His intensity is on another level.

Facts- Intensity off the charts. Going to be much different with him gone, those kids and Lexington needed him. Not going to be the same, and watch the talent start evening out again in about 2 years. They lost there Coach, and there top r_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _.
Outstanding hire. A few BGRs members alleged that he contacted them through pm, on the site, confronting them on allegations that they were making against the Freddy D program a couple seasons ago. If true, you gotta love a coach that frequents this site. LOL!!!
All that and as I understand it they move up to 6A in 21.
will the Freddy D bus run through huntington wv? or are there enough recruits to be had in Lexington?
scrappy coco Wrote:will the Freddy D bus run through huntington wv? or are there enough recruits to be had in Lexington?

Go Herd!!
I just find it funny that when kids want to play at a certain program, everyone starts throwing the ol' recruiting accusation around. Kids transfer every year at every top program in the state. If you don't like it, make your program better and they'll want to come play for you. I see absolutely nothing wrong with it
bigcat95 Wrote:I just find it funny that when kids want to play at a certain program, everyone starts throwing the ol' recruiting accusation around. Kids transfer every year at every top program in the state. If you don't like it, make your program better and they'll want to come play for you. I see absolutely nothing wrong with it

This is high school. There's plenty wrong with it you slithering snake. No glory in winning if you have to cheat to do it.
bigcat95 Wrote:I just find it funny that when kids want to play at a certain program, everyone starts throwing the ol' recruiting accusation around. Kids transfer every year at every top program in the state. If you don't like it, make your program better and they'll want to come play for you. I see absolutely nothing wrong with it

You really need to look at what went on at Fairview. Several should have been banned.
pjdoug Wrote:This is high school. There's plenty wrong with it you slithering snake. No glory in winning if you have to cheat to do it.

I didn't say anything about cheating. I said everytime a kid transfers people start screaming he was recruited. For someone was seems to live on this website I'd expect you to know that

Bigcat it's deeper than just the transferring. If it was only that I see nothing wrong with it either, but it's not.
bigcat95 Wrote:I didn't say anything about cheating. I said everytime a kid transfers people start screaming he was recruited. For someone was seems to live on this website I'd expect you to know that
It doesn't take a genius tio figure out what's going on. For someone was seems lives on this website proves you are far from that
pjdoug Wrote:It doesn't take a genius tio figure out what's going on. For someone was seems lives on this website proves you are far from that

Yeah, you really got me good 🤣
pjdoug Wrote:This is high school. There's plenty wrong with it you slithering snake. No glory in winning if you have to cheat to do it.

When someone says go make your program better in comparison to a new multi-million dollar school with all the bells and whistles that kind of tells me where they are with reality. Only the administration can do those things. Let's be honest. Having the best players makes you really really good to. My thoughts are not a knock on coach McPeak either. Does he teach or just coach football?
Westside Wrote:Outstanding hire. A few BGRs members alleged that he contacted them through pm, on the site, confronting them on allegations that they were making against the Freddy D program a couple seasons ago. If true, you gotta love a coach that frequents this site. LOL!!!
Not just this site either. LOL
You don't really know whats going on, do you? When you have kid(S) leaving one program to join FDU and use the adjacent apartments as their address, but still living at their mom's and dad's address that is located in Dunbar, Lafayette, Henry Clay, Bryan Station district, out of counties like Knox Co, Scott Co, Woodford Co etc etc etc, oh not to mentioned going into middle schools that feeds into certain HS and posting it on instagram or tweeter .... dude that is not transferring, that is CHEATING the system PERIOD.
So...when the Mccheats was in eastern Kentucky and this was going on at Fairview most people in the state didn’t seem to care! Now that it’s in Lexington people are taking a different....View?? Hmmmmm hahaha! Let’s hope Nate can win without uncle filling the roster for him!
FBfan4life Wrote:You don't really know whats going on, do you? When you have kid(S) leaving one program to join FDU and use the adjacent apartments as their address, but still living at their mom's and dad's address that is located in Dunbar, Lafayette, Henry Clay, Bryan Station district, out of counties like Knox Co, Scott Co, Woodford Co etc etc etc, oh not to mentioned going into middle schools that feeds into certain HS and posting it on instagram or tweeter .... dude that is not transferring, that is CHEATING the system PERIOD.

Madison County, Jessamine County, Johnson County. Do not no if true, but was told when school was built they had in mind to stop Scott County from dominating the area, so I guess they succeeded- Scott County only lost 2 games last year both to FD. Crazy how they are only good in one sport.
Big Daddy Bull Wrote:Madison County, Jessamine County, Johnson County. Do not no if true, but was told when school was built they had in mind to stop Scott County from dominating the area, so I guess they succeeded- Scott County only lost 2 games last year both to FD. Crazy how they are only good in one sport.
They are good in one sport cause they "STACKED" their coaching staff with former head coaches, OC and DC from other area schools, not to mention their principal and AD were Lexington Horseman coaches, and at one time HC at Creek and OC Lafayette... so yeah they will be good. Funding for their program... Just ask Douglass baseball and softball team, 3 years in and they still don't have a decent field, why cause it goes to football.
Wonder if FD fans are gonna like the Wing-T ??
RAMDAD50 Wrote:Wonder if FD fans are gonna like the Wing-T ??
Wasn’t he already the OC? Why would he change things?
IMO if Uncle Gary stays out of Nate's way it should be a good fit! Nate is a great Young man and very good coach! It's a shame Fairview ended like it did. Fairview is a lot like Raceland and other small close communities, it's like family! Gary and Bill M. really hurt the entire Community.
He had a rough experience at Fairview but I’m thinking with the talent pool he has they will be great. We all make mistakes so I say give him a chance.
Congrats for NEW HEAD