Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Montgomery Co @ Lawrence Co Scrimmage
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The scrimmage is Saturday @ 10am. Whats everyones thoughts.
Looking for the offence to be a little more settled in then last week but I think it will still take just a little more time to get it clicking like it 's going to be in mid season. I also look for the D to be a little better on thier tackling . I think we will see an all around better performance from the Dawgs.
Yea look for the offense to be better this week and the D should be better as well. They have been busting there tails just as every other High school team has.
The lack of practice in full pads might be a problem for LC considering they havent been in full gear for almost 2 weeks now.
Well I saw a great deal of improvement from last week to this week. The varsity only played two 12 min qtrs. I think the score was like 10-7 Montgomery Co. The D played well again,. still need to work on stopping the run up the middle. The O was better as well, The hogs up front gave Boone all kinds of time to set up and throw. Coty Roberts had a 60 or 70 yard TD run and. Need to work hard this week for the season opener next week against Coal Grove.

The JV and freshman played most of the scrimmage. I tell you our future is bright. Chandler, Hunter, Ramsey did great as freshman go. I think they all scored in one form or fashion. The JV just dominated both sides of the ball.
Batpuff Wrote:Well I saw a great deal of improvement from last week to this week. The varsity only played two 12 min qtrs. I think the score was like 10-7 Montgomery Co. The D played well again,. still need to work on stopping the run up the middle. The O was better as well, The hogs up front gave Boone all kinds of time to set up and throw. Coty Roberts had a 60 or 70 yard TD run and. Need to work hard this week for the season opener next week against Coal Grove.

The JV and freshman played most of the scrimmage. I tell you our future is bright. Chandler, Hunter, Ramsey did great as freshman go. I think they all scored in one form or fashion. The JV just dominated both sides of the ball.
Thats pretty much how I saw it also . I thought that the varsity should have played alot more than they did just to try and get in has many reps as possible . And Chandler really was very impressive today that kid is going to be hard to keep off the field. But like you said they are going to have to work hard this week to get ready still alot of work left to do.
I was surprised at how our freshman team dominated montgomery county's freshman!!! Blake Bradley just had a week of practice at quarterback and showed an outstanding smoothness!!!! Ramsey Compton and Hunter James both had well over a hundred yards EACH!!!! Who is going to stop those two??? Max Tackett, in his first year of football, is showing great potential. He's improving daily. The O-Line showed great improvement from last week, while the BIG D completely shut the door on MC's O. It will be hard to keep some of these freshman from seeing varsity action. I agree, THE FUTURE IS BRIGHT!
Dawg Family Wrote:Thats pretty much how I saw it also . I thought that the varsity should have played alot more than they did just to try and get in has many reps as possible . And Chandler really was very impressive today that kid is going to be hard to keep off the field. But like you said they are going to have to work hard this week to get ready still alot of work left to do.

Well thats all both coaches wanted to go to get the chance down from getting someone hurt. I thought the most improvement I saw was in the O and D Line. The skilled players will be there they were playing so tight and scared of messing up so bad that they were having mental breakdowns.
As long as the Dawgs defense can keep them in games the offense will come around I believe.
I have to be honest here, I was a little disappointed in the varsity. I don't really know what I was expecting, but I was hoping for better than what I saw. We need a lot of work! I still think they have everything in place to be a great team. On a brighter note, I thought the jv was really strong. Freshmen looked pretty good also.