Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: South Laurel 67 Pikeville 65 OT
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was able to attend this one. Pikeville was without Pugh again tonight so down 3 starters. Hall was there tonight. Someone mentioned he just had his acl repaired prayers goes out for that young man. Sammons got a lose ball with 7 seconds left in regulation and seem to get fouled multiple times before getting to the rim and was fouled again and no whistle was blown and he missed the game winner. South laurel hit a few big shots in OT to put it away. This Pikeville team with all the injuries this year still seem to be fighting and still could play spoiler for a few teams during tournament time. South laurel is a really good team and the Panthers should have won tonight.
BoyWonder14 Wrote:I was able to attend this one. Pikeville was without Pugh again tonight so down 3 starters. Hall was there tonight. Someone mentioned he just had his acl repaired prayers goes out for that young man. Sammons got a lose ball with 7 seconds left in regulation and seem to get fouled multiple times before getting to the rim and was fouled again and no whistle was blown and he missed the game winner. South laurel hit a few big shots in OT to put it away. This Pikeville team with all the injuries this year still seem to be fighting and still could play spoiler for a few teams during tournament time. South laurel is a really good team and the Panthers should have won tonight.

Was this game at South Laurel? If so, I’m not shocked about whistles being swallowed in the last few seconds, based on what I’ve heard over the years.
At Pikeville.
Pikeville gets +10 at home vs out of region teams.
DukeBoy Wrote:Pikeville gets +10 at home vs out of region teams.

If you watched this one you wouldn’t say that. I bet South Laurel shot 10+ more free throws than Pikeville and if you saw the last possession in regulation your tune would change.
Lmao. If you watched this without maroon tinted glasses, you would wonder how charges wasn't brought on some of the fouls that wasn't called against Pikeville. The stripes did everything in their power to help the home team out in the 4th and overtime. If Pikeville had any kind of point guard play, they would be really hard to handle though.
^^^1. Maybe your glasses are tinted. 2. Pikeville's starting backcourt didn't play. As another poster stated 3 starters out.
Pikeville has lost several good players this year to injuries but they always show up with their "A Game".
BoyWonder14 Wrote:If you watched this one you wouldn’t say that. I bet South Laurel shot 10+ more free throws than Pikeville and if you saw the last possession in regulation your tune would change.
do u guys even attempt to look at the book or stats before looking stupid. South was 10-14 from line. Pikeville was 13-16.
ky playmaker Wrote:do u guys even attempt to look at the book or stats before looking stupid. South was 10-14 from line. Pikeville was 13-16.

Box score hasn’t been posted for either team on KHSAA. Could I have been wrong on free throw disparity maybe. Also 2 of Pikeville free throws came because of a technical during warmups. I was responding to the poster who said Pikeville was 10+ favorite at home against out of Region teams. Take away the technical and according to your stats free throws would have been even. Point is Pikeville was without 3 starters and if a foul was called on the last play in regulation as it should have been idc what team you cheer for that was a foul. Pikeville walks away with the victory against a very good South Laurel team down their starting backcourt and a starting forward. Says a lot about the Panthers.
BoyWonder14 Wrote:Box score hasn’t been posted for either team on KHSAA. Could I have been wrong on free throw disparity maybe. Also 2 of Pikeville free throws came because of a technical during warmups. I was responding to the poster who said Pikeville was 10+ favorite at home against out of Region teams. Take away the technical and according to your stats free throws would have been even. Point is Pikeville was without 3 starters and if a foul was called on the last play in regulation as it should have been idc what team you cheer for that was a foul. Pikeville walks away with the victory against a very good South Laurel team down their starting backcourt and a starting forward. Says a lot about the Panthers.
10 Point fav is being generous. Pikeville only lost two home games. To south and Sheldon Clark. Lost to sc by 25 away and by 4 at home and lost to sc by 14 on neutral court.
jetpilot Wrote:^^^1. Maybe your glasses are tinted. 2. Pikeville's starting backcourt didn't play. As another poster stated 3 starters out.

You mean 1 starter that averages 6 ppg?
ky playmaker Wrote:10 Point fav is being generous. Pikeville only lost two home games. To south and Sheldon Clark. Lost to sc by 25 away and by 4 at home and lost to sc by 14 on neutral court.

The poster above said Pikeville would be a 10+ favorite at home against out of Region team due to officiating. I was stating that officials doesn’t give Pikeville a home whistle. Also I think you mean Shelby Valley not Sheldon Clark who is now Martin County.
Jaguarhoundbird Wrote:You mean 1 starter that averages 6 ppg?

Don’t know where you only get one starter. Hall who is starting point guard tore his ACL. Lockhart who is starting two guard only got to play in one game because He is a Wide Reciver on a state championship football team and his first game back against East Ridge I believe broke his leg. So Pikeville has been without him all year. Pugh hasn’t played in the last two games and his also a football player and a starter.
BoyWonder14 Wrote:The poster above said Pikeville would be a 10+ favorite at home against out of Region team due to officiating. I was stating that officials doesn’t give Pikeville a home whistle. Also I think you mean Shelby Valley not Sheldon Clark who is now Martin County.
yes I meant Shelby valley. I was talking to coach hicks when officials walked out. He was there scouting. He said damn you guys are screwed. Lol
ky playmaker Wrote:yes I meant Shelby valley. I was talking to coach hicks when officials walked out. He was there scouting. He said damn you guys are screwed. Lol

One thing we can agree on officials aren’t the best in either of the 13th, 14th, or 15th regions. But if you take away the technical at the front free throws were even. So to say South Laurel got hosed would be wrong in my opinion.
BoyWonder14 Wrote:One thing we can agree on officials aren’t the best in either of the 13th, 14th, or 15th regions. But if you take away the technical at the front free throws were even. So to say South Laurel got hosed would be wrong in my opinion.

College is as bad as I have seen Idk what the answer is. I was just stating that your south shot 10 plus more fts than Pikeville is not accurate. I have the film and stats from the game. 14 to 16 is correct. Sad thing is coach justice is already having a hard time getting anybody to come there and play. That came from coach justice himself. Madison central won’t be back. South won’t be back. It’s gonna get harder and harder to find anybody to come play there. You guys def have talent and play hard
ky playmaker Wrote:College is as bad as I have seen Idk what the answer is. I was just stating that your south shot 10 plus more fts than Pikeville is not accurate. I have the film and stats from the game. 14 to 16 is correct. Sad thing is coach justice is already having a hard time getting anybody to come there and play. That came from coach justice himself. Madison central won’t be back. South won’t be back. It’s gonna get harder and harder to find anybody to come play there. You guys def have talent and play hard

I don’t see how Madison Central has any right to complain. They shot 31 free throws to Pikeville 22

As far as teams coming to play there It’s been like that since he got here. Teams from the 58th district won’t go play there. Teams from the 57th usually switch home games with them each year. Belfry usually switching home games. I think they played Phelps for the first time in a few years and they have to go to them. Idk if people in the 15th got upset he was hired but even if teams play them it’s only once and alternating years instead of home and home the same year.
Just curious but did south play that early to take in the UPike/Campbellsville game?
Rainingthrees Wrote:Just curious but did south play that early to take in the UPike/Campbellsville game?
Yes
ky playmaker Wrote:College is as bad as I have seen Idk what the answer is. I was just stating that your south shot 10 plus more fts than Pikeville is not accurate. I have the film and stats from the game. 14 to 16 is correct. Sad thing is coach justice is already having a hard time getting anybody to come there and play. That came from coach justice himself. Madison central won’t be back. South won’t be back. It’s gonna get harder and harder to find anybody to come play there. You guys def have talent and play hard

Good deal to root out the crybabies. They come to Pikeville and shoot more FT total than Pikeville with 3 starters out and complain, good riddance. Pikeville, Belfry and Johnson Central have a horrible time scheduling games in football too and here's a hint for you it isn't because they cheat.:Sad04:
Jaguarhoundbird Wrote:You mean 1 starter that averages 6 ppg?

No