Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Wolfe Co @Knott Co Central 2-8-20
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I’ve not watched Wolfe this year. It I’ve kcc a few times, what should I expect from Wolfe and can kcc win this game without McGuire?
Wolfe has a crafty point guard, one of the better players in the region with Jazz Johnson, and a solid crew around them. Should be a good game.
Its will be a great game. Wolfe is still dealing with sickness, so who knows what might happen. Both are solid teams, Wolfe has tons of talent and Knot will have home court advantage. As bad as the officials are in the 14th region, as they typically favor Knot, Perry and Hazard, I’d give the edge to Knot County.
If Knott tries to run with Wolfe they will lose but if they slow the game down and make it like the Hazard game they’ll have a chance to win. Wolfe can play either style but they prefer to run and gun.
Boys hoops Wrote:I’ve not watched Wolfe this year. It I’ve kcc a few times, what should I expect from Wolfe and can kcc win this game without McGuire?

[Image: tenor.gif]
Hoopy ole Fatpat understand your worries but dont and ole Fatpat means dont ever doubt the heart of a Patriot baby! Ole Fatpat like to invite youz over for a party like no other at Mortys tomorrow night!Not responsible for the adrenaline rush you get when you walk into the gym as the Pats take the floor! Brings a tear to ole Fatpats eye every time!Pats by a fin baby! #legendslivehere #bannersfarastheeyecansee #partyallnight More mash taters please!!!
[Image: giphy.gif] Wowza! Big Bizness just got off the phone with JT and asked if wez can have the ole no mercy clause put into effect and quadruple extra concessions and extra chairs around the floor with midget wresting at halftime! Roy said one more favor JT can wez have cigars during halftime and JT sayz illallow it! Double wowza!Pat Nation wants Wolfy to know wez waiting and may the gods have mercy for we shall not! #warcry #indianstyle More mash taters please!!!
Wolfe has one of the best defenders in the region in my opinion, Jaz Johnson. He may not be consistent with scoring, but he is with his defense. Wolfe will be quicker I think, but Knott still has enough talent to pull this one out if they play smart and hard. Wolfe has a talented 8th grader..may be a Freshman, not sure..6’6 I believe, been playing well..but I think the Williams kid and whoever else they put down there should be ok. Got to play as a team, move the ball and make good shot selections. Will this game be on Hometown 24? BSN?
Sadly, I believe the outcome of this game depends on the officiating. If the refs call touch fouls on Wolfe and let’s Knott hack them to death all game, then it will be a long night for Wolfe. If the refs call equally on both sides of the ball, then Wolfe goes home happy.
I do believe that Ritchie is a now 6’7 8th grader and is ranked top 5 in the state in his 2024 class. In my opinion he is the best big man in the region. The kid doesn’t have as much talk about him as the other big named players in the region, but he can sure play.
Im very interested in this game, I have seen Wolfe play 4 times this year, and Knott 3 times (with McGuire), I am wondering how KCC will play without him and am wondering if Wolfe continues to improve. I really would like to watch the Dawgs at Buckhorn too, wish one of these games was in the afternoon.
He’s gonna be a fantastic player. He’s still in 8th grade and needs to get stronger so he can defend the post better, but that will come. He’s working hard and the Sky is the limit. People tend to forget that he’s still only 14. By next year, he’ll dominate the 14th region.
I think people are underestimating Knott.
McGuire cannot be replaced.
He is a force, but Napier is a very strong scorer, and the Williams kid is the most underrated player in the region. He averages 10 or more rebounds per game, and has three 15 rebound games, hasn’t done much scoring because he hasn’t needed to, but he can.
If the role players step up scoring, they are still going to be very tough.
Refs and knott beat Wolfe
Good game, well officiated,
Hard fought Knott win.
Williams kid had 16 rebounds.
I listened to this game on radio, it sound like Damron lives at the free throw line, again I wasn’t there so I can’t say if the fouls were legit or not, but he shot around 16 free throws himself. As for Knott central, sounds like the freshman Slone starts now as he is a nice ball handler , and he’s did a great job guarding jaz Johnson, freshman smith rebounded great and scored the ball on out backs also. Those 2 are fulling in nicely for McGuire. Rest of season should be interesting
BigDaddy69 Wrote:I do believe that Ritchie is a now 6’7 8th grader and is ranked top 5 in the state in his 2024 class. In my opinion he is the best big man in the region. The kid doesn’t have as much talk about him as the other big named players in the region, but he can sure play.

You must not get out and watch a lot of games. Kid is far away from best big in the region.
The FT count was 38-8 KCC. Knott plus physical man to man defense most of the time. One ref made well over 2/3 of the calls. Every time a KCC player drove to the basket it was a foul. I’m not saying not Knott wouldn’t have won the game anyways but that one ref wasn’t going to let them loose.
With 3 quick fouls W. Tolson had to set out a big part of the game. I could maybe understand two of them, but one of them had to of been the stupidest whistle ever blown.
Reds#1Fan Wrote:The FT count was 38-8 KCC. Knott plus physical man to man defense most of the time. One ref made well over 2/3 of the calls. Every time a KCC player drove to the basket it was a foul. I’m not saying not Knott wouldn’t have won the game anyways but that one ref wasn’t going to let them loose.

Seriously ? That can't be right - you have to be mistaken on the free throw count or a typo, if numbers are correct, that is CRAZY !!! Glad I went to the Hazard game now instead.
Boys hoops Wrote:I listened to this game on radio, it sound like Damron lives at the free throw line, again I wasn’t there so I can’t say if the fouls were legit or not, but he shot around 16 free throws himself. As for Knott central, sounds like the freshman Slone starts now as he is a nice ball handler , and he’s did a great job guarding jaz Johnson, freshman smith rebounded great and scored the ball on out backs also. Those 2 are fulling in nicely for McGuire. Rest of season should be interesting

Yeah bobble head gets a lot of calls. It’s unbelievable how the refs blow the whistle for that kid lol
Referees are a disgrace to the game of basketball. They actually think the game is about them lol
Wolfe shot 23 threes, don’t get fouled much out there,
Also a lot of Wolfe’s fouls came when they were trying to get back Into the game, they were down 20 and pulled it to 8.
The free throw count was 32-4 when belfry came to town! Not an unusual occurrence at KCC.
Free throw count was 36-10 at KCC vs. Cordia. I think I’m seeing a pattern here.
Damron averages 6 free throws a game without the Wolfe stats and is an 82% free throw shooter.
The little schools like Wolfe always get the shaft. In my opinion, The refs in the 14th are either incompetent or compromised. Maybe both.
Knott shot 38 free throws to Wolfe 11.khsaa stats for each team from free throw line.
Boys hoops Wrote:I listened to this game on radio, it sound like Damron lives at the free throw line, again I wasn’t there so I can’t say if the fouls were legit or not, but he shot around 16 free throws himself. As for Knott central, sounds like the freshman Slone starts now as he is a nice ball handler , and he’s did a great job guarding jaz Johnson, freshman smith rebounded great and scored the ball on out backs also. Those 2 are fulling in nicely for McGuire. Rest of season should be interesting

[Image: WpVSr9z.gif]

Hoopla, Brown Sugar should have shot more free throws brutha. Roy had to use two time outs to glue his head back on his shoulders. Ole fatpat going to invite you to Mortys and watch these Patriots. The King is running Houdini tricks with SS Minnow. He starts the freaking game, comes out and disappears like a mutha! Ole fatpat is looking for their two freshmen studs, Leaping Landon and Hazardous Higgins, to fit in nicely with Brown Sugar, Quickdraw, and White Choc 2.0. Slone kid is becoming a good role player and ole fatpat is glad to have the lil fella. Patriot Nation is getting ready to make a run and we sure would love to have you on the bandwagon brutha.

#whatcolorisyoursugar More mash taters please!!!