Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Betsy Layne 64 Prestonsburg 57
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final
Watched this one. Betsy Layne got out to about a 15 point lead in the third and then threw it away and let Prestonsburg back in it. I don’t really understand this Bobcat team, they are crazy athletic and the whole team can run the floor 1-5 incredibly well. But they don’t play a lick of basketball, they don’t run sets or anything on offense. Could’ve just been this particular game that I watched.

And Prestonsburg was without 2 starters from what I could gather including their PG Grant Justice.
Pburg is adjusting to not having Justice. I’m not sure of his injury or how long he might be out. Hopefully the Blackcats can get him back before the district tournament.

Congrats Bobcats
Betsy Layne started out on fire and played well in the first quarter, I think they were up like 19-2 and 22-4 after one. After that, I think they figured they had Prestonsburg beat and took their foot off the gas.

Kudos to Prestonsburg for getting back in the game despite being down big early and without 2 starters. I'd love to see Betsy Layne make a run in the postseason, but if they were to lose to Lawrence County next week, or lose the coin flip if they wind up tying with the Bulldogs, I think it will be hard to beat Prestonsburg 3 times in a season, especially with that 3rd game being on the Blackcats home court.

Betsy Layne is capable of winning the District, and also capable of being ousted in the first game. They've shown a lot of growth and improvement this season though and hopefully they will finish strong and make that postseason run beginning later this month.