Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Martin County vs Beth Haven
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What was score for tonight’s game? Anyone have any reports?
David and Daryl posted a Martin county loss on their page about 35 minutes ago.
Does anyone know when but mostly where the box score will be posted?
JV played.
Beth Haven 77 Martin Co 59. Martin co has got to work on consistency.
they don't normally post the box scores do they? heard it was jv anyways
No jv.Only varsity game
how do you win by 34 in dec and get beat by 18 in jan? what happened here?
The game got ugly and clearly called one sided in the 2nd half.

The 2 gangsters who were calling the game didn't appear to know much about basketball or they just didn't care. I wonder how hard it must be for Beth Haven Christian to get quality referees to show up to call their ball games.
Not a surprise. So much for "peaking" right now. There is no way Beth Haven should have beat Martin County. All goes back to quality coaching.
The two biddy ball refs definitely helped but man that was a bad time.
There is no way two refs accounted for a 52 point swing. No excuse for this loss.
WinkWinkler Wrote:There is no way two refs accounted for a 52 point swing. No excuse for this loss.

Not saying they account for all of it but they didn’t help.
Say what you want but people who were there are saying Martin County just got out coached, simple as that.
I know in Kentucky, it’s a requirement to have 3 referees for all varsity contests. Pretty sure it’s a NFHS rule also. The way West Virginia schools gets their referees is crazy.
It is not a requirement in Kentucky to have three refs on all varsity games. They have recommend and mandated but if enough refs aren't available or one gets injured games can still be played with two.
6) A crew of three (3) officials shall be assigned to regular season
and postseason varsity play;

It's not a NFHS rule, but it is in the KHSAA Basketball Competition rules. Page 10. Here's the link for the above.

https://khsaa.org/common_documents/handb...nrules.pdf
Yes I said they have mandated that 3 refs be assigned to all games. Games can be played with two refs due to injury to one of the three refs or lack of enough officials for assignment. So games can be played with two refs y instances. This game was played in WV against a team that I assume is not sanctioned under WVHSAA so when you go over there you pretty much know what you’re going to get.
I totally agree!
This is why I would never play a school that's not a member of a state association. KY people complain about getting WV officials and vice-versa, but at least there's some sort of legitimacy about it when they work under KHSAA or WVSSAC rules. It's the wild west when you play against an independent school apart from a state association.