Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Breaking News: Our Lady of Bellefonte Hospital Closing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just announced today that Our Lady of Bellefonte Hospital In Greenup County will close its doors by the end of September 2020. This is devastating news for the Greenup County/Ashland area. It is said that Bellefonte has 1,000 employees.

I hope they can somehow find a way to keep it open.

https://www.wsaz.com/content/news/Our-La...64431.html
Bellfonte Hospital had been open for 6 decades. Bon Secours Health System Owns Bellefonte.
Another punch in the face for that area. How many more jobs are going to leave that area after AK Steel closing and now this.
That was a good hospital, they took good care of my dad in his final days, my sister in law has worked there since1997. NEKY goes not need another 1000 people without a job. I'm really bothered about this. Just a sad day.
Closing date is now April 30th per WSAZ Channel 3, due to not having enough staff to make it until the original closing date.
Yesterday was my sister in law's last day at Bellefonte. She was in the Cath Lab and as of yesterday they are no longer taking patients.