Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 14th Region Rankings 01/20/2020
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
1.) Hazard
2.) Knott
3.) Wolfe
4.) Estill
5.) Cordia
6.) Perry
7.) Buckhorn
8.) Breathitt
9.) Owsley
10.) Leslie

Region is still wide open in my opinion. I believe any of the top 8 are capable of winning if they are playing to their ability. Who knows what regional tournament holds with upsets happening in districts and the 54th draw.
[Image: hillary-wow-gif-6.gif] Griffmeister baby ole Fatpat reading your mind brutha! Patriot Nation wants another shot at Hazard redemption style bolz! Napper and Robin Damron are primed like the cafeteria workers when ole Fatpat walks in baby! #pumpedup More mash taters please!!!
fatpatfan Wrote:[Image: hillary-wow-gif-6.gif] Griffmeister baby ole Fatpat reading your mind brutha! Patriot Nation wants another shot at Hazard redemption style bolz! Napper and Robin Damron are primed like the cafeteria workers when ole Fatpat walks in baby! #pumpedup More mash taters please!!!

When is Knott gonna have bobble head night for Damron? For ever dribble that kid takes he bobble’s his head trying to draw a cheap foul. Wake up referees!!
1. Hazard (the most disciplined team in the region)
2. PCC (very solid team with more players coming lol)
3. Knott (Good team but not good enough to win this region)
4. Wolfe (very dangerous team. Could beat anyone could lose to anyone)
5. Estill (not seen them play)
6. Cordia (It appears Denny not coaching this team in the huddles?)
7. Breathitt (Got some potential but things not coming together yet)
8. Buckhorn (Good size and a dangerous team)
9. Owsley (two good players that can keep them in any game)
10. Leslie (They have Trent Day, top 10 player in the region)
Blue Lips Wrote:1. Hazard (the most disciplined team in the region)
2. PCC (very solid team with more players coming lol)
3. Knott (Good team but not good enough to win this region)
4. Wolfe (very dangerous team. Could beat anyone could lose to anyone)
5. Estill (not seen them play)
6. Cordia (It appears Denny not coaching this team in the huddles?)
7. Breathitt (Got some potential but things not coming together yet)
8. Buckhorn (Good size and a dangerous team)
9. Owsley (two good players that can keep them in any game)
10. Leslie (They have Trent Day, top 10 player in the region)

[Image: giphy-downsized-large.gif] Listen labios azules let ole patriota gordo break this down for ya brutha! Hazard came unraveled against Pcc like a box of Fatpats spaghetti noodles in the ole iron cooker baby! Perry has Hosky and that is a clearcut advantage out of the gates baby! Pat Nation be strutting out of the 14th like a mutha! #itsatwowayracewithhazardandknott #patnationwillrise #dontwakeasleepinggiant More mash taters please!!!
Blue Lips Wrote:When is Knott gonna have bobble head night for Damron? For ever dribble that kid takes he bobble’s his head trying to draw a cheap foul. Wake up referees!!

[Image: giphy.gif] Labios azules baby matter of fact CT and BoPo wanting to have a bobblehead night to raise money for the sweet 16 bus ride for the pep section bruh! Genius! Simple psychology 101 brutha by Robin! Double Wowza! #gotztomoveyourfeettoplaydefense #dontbeatatahata #swaggin More mash taters please!!!
Blue Lips Wrote:When is Knott gonna have bobble head night for Damron? For ever dribble that kid takes he bobble’s his head trying to draw a cheap foul. Wake up referees!!

That kid has talents besides basketball He should be in a drama program somewhere. one of the best floppers to come through the 14th in a long time and trust me i have seen quite a few in my time.
SmileyTown Wrote:That kid has talents besides basketball He should be in a drama program somewhere. one of the best floppers to come through the 14th in a long time and trust me i have seen quite a few in my time.

Cam Justice from KCC was the best I've ever seen. Second to none.

Hazard
KCC
PCC
Wolfe
Cordia
Estill
Breathitt
Buckhorn
Owsley
Jackson City
catsrule Wrote:Justice from KCC was the best I've ever seen.

Hazard
KCC
PCC
Wolfe
Cordia
Estill
Breathitt
Buckhorn
Owsley
Jackson City
I kinda agree they have a tradition of that over there
1.Hazard
2.Perry Central
3.Wolfe County
4.Knott Central
5.Estill County
6.Cordia
7.Breathitt
8.Buckhorn
9.Owsley County
10.Letcher Central
griffman Wrote:1.) Hazard
2.) Knott
3.) Wolfe
4.) Estill
5.) Cordia
6.) Perry
7.) Buckhorn
8.) Breathitt
9.) Owsley
10.) Leslie

Region is still wide open in my opinion. I believe any of the top 8 are capable of winning if they are playing to their ability. Who knows what regional tournament holds with upsets happening in districts and the 54th draw.

Just my opinion.I would put PCC in the top 5 somewhere over Cordia and agree that there are several teams that can make a run,but I like the chances of the top 5 teams.
MVP2 Wrote:1.Hazard
2.Perry Central
3.Wolfe County
4.Knott Central
5.Estill County
6.Cordia
7.Breathitt
8.Buckhorn
9.Owsley County
10.Letcher Central

Agree with the top 6 here. I will add that Estill is much improved currently than when losing to Wolfe and KCC the first 2 games of the year. Estill's leading scorer for those 2 games barely broke double figures. ( credit also good defense, they weren't giving buckets away).Benton has since found gotten his mojo back and also have 2 others that average double figures. Just saying for those folks that had an impression of the Engineers from early on.
#clear the tracks
Hazard has established themselves as No. 1 in the region so far, but only by a very slim margin. PCC is playing well and KCC has also shown ability to win region; Wolfe County is clearly in the mix with a close loss to Hazard in the All A and an overtime loss this week at PCC by 1 point. In my opinion the only other teams that can win 3 games in the region for the crown are Estiill and Cordia (I think Buckhorn and Breathitt are both dangerous teams but I do't think they have the horses to put togather 3 wins in the tourney). So, any of the top 6 at this point can win it all - Hazard is a very slight favorite and KCC, PCC and Wolfe are all knocking at the door. This will be a fantastic regional tournament,
I hope for the Regional tournament both Hazard and PCC are in it. The drawing of the teams instead of seeding needs to go.
The 54th district draw, as usual, could have a major impact on the regional tournament. The district tournament is at Leslie. Where is region played?

Side note: Its crazy to think Perry is a top team in the region with a record of 6-13, but they are.
Huggy_Bear Wrote:The 54th district draw, as usual, could have a major impact on the regional tournament. The district tournament is at Leslie. Where is region played?

Side note: Its crazy to think Perry is a top team in the region with a record of 6-13, but they are.

Region is at KCC. What region refs are assigned to the 14th region tournament this year? This will be a key to who win region. I think that it’s either 13th or 15th refs but not for sure.
JuicedMtnGoat Wrote:I hope for the Regional tournament both Hazard and PCC are in it. The drawing of the teams instead of seeding needs to go.

It will never go away. Leslie and Buckhorn will NEVER vote to seed.
SmileyTown Wrote:That kid has talents besides basketball He should be in a drama program somewhere. one of the best floppers to come through the 14th in a long time and trust me i have seen quite a few in my time.

[Image: 6JTJCps.gif]

frowny my boi, you aint seen flopping til ole fatpat has a carb overload. You don't want to be in my circumference brutha cause I come tumbling down like a mutha! Lil' Robin gets mugged all the time but the boi is stronger than Roy's coffee in da morning.

#perrywontheawardformostzebracomplaints More mash taters please!!!
there’s a bunch of teams that are about equal, that being said, the refs will decide who’s going to be the 14th region champs. The officiating in this region is very frustrating to watch. You can go to a local elementary game and witness better calls. Hard to believe they are so incompetent, which leads me to ponder an explanation that’s much more sinister.
So Estill crushes Cordia by 22, Cordia beats Perry Central by 3 and people still have Perry as a top 5 team. Some at even #2. I'm dumbfounded.
Strikeout, where do you see Estill ranking at this point of the season? Estill has had an extremely weak schedule up to this point. The combined record of Estill’s opponents that they have defeated is 80-123. They don’t come close to having a “signature” win. The only teams they have beaten that have a winning record are Owsley (8-7) and Southwestern (11-9).

As a whole, the 14th region is pretty weak this year.
Have you seen Estill play ?
Perry lost to Cordia, Cordia got crushed by Estill. People still have Perry ranked ahead of Cordia and Estill.

I would have Estill 4th behind Wolfe, Knott and Hazard.
1. Hazard
2. Wolfe
3. Wolfe
4. Perry
5. Estill
6. Cordia
7. Buckhorn
8. Owsley
9. Letcher Central
10. Breathitt
Knott is not 2 in the region Wolfe is right behind hazard..cordia beat Perry yes but they won’t be Perry with the way Perry is playing now..cordia is probably 5 or 6 in region but I’m putting Perry ahead of cordia now after the past couple games I’ve seen Perry play..
Sorry my mistake KCC is 3rd not Wolfe again
Huggy_Bear Wrote:Strikeout, where do you see Estill ranking at this point of the season? Estill has had an extremely weak schedule up to this point. The combined record of Estill’s opponents that they have defeated is 80-123. They don’t come close to having a “signature” win. The only teams they have beaten that have a winning record are Owsley (8-7) and Southwestern (11-9).

As a whole, the 14th region is pretty weak this year.

January 28th.
Wolfe at Estill.
This game should settle where Estill currently stands.
Hazard is the standard that everyone is trying to rate the others from. Rightfully so, they are unscathed thus far in the season by in state teams. It is a difficult task to rank several good teams by how they played against Hazard when not everyone has played Hazard. Hazard has had several close calls and are not unbeatable by any stretch, but for now they are still unbeaten in the region. Have to credit them for being so.
#clear the tracks
Strikeout King Wrote:Perry lost to Cordia, Cordia got crushed by Estill. People still have Perry ranked ahead of Cordia and Estill.

I would have Estill 4th behind Wolfe, Knott and Hazard.

I agree if we were talking bout early December rankings but we're not.
I’ve seen Estill twice. Early in the season I saw them play at Knott and they lost by 7 but it was a close game the entire way. I saw them vs Owsley this week.

They’re a team that is worth keeping and eye on. They have the capabilities to beat anyone in the region.

Besides the 7 point loss at Knott, they also lost at Wolfe by 3. They lost at Woodford Co by 4. They lost in a Berea tournament by 2 in OT to Sayre. Lost by 1 in a tournament to Elliott Co.
They have wins over such teams as Southwestern, Bell Co, Madison Southern, and Cordia.

If Benton, Napier and Long are clicking on all cylinders the Engineers are dangerous. They may not win the 14th but they can sure as heck throw a scare in some of the favorites.
MVP2 Wrote:I agree if we were talking bout early December rankings but we're not.

Estill beat Cordia towards the end of December not the beginning.
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:I’ve seen Estill twice. Early in the season I saw them play at Knott and they lost by 7 but it was a close game the entire way. I saw them vs Owsley this week.

They’re a team that is worth keeping and eye on. They have the capabilities to beat anyone in the region.

Besides the 7 point loss at Knott, they also lost at Wolfe by 3. They lost at Woodford Co by 4. They lost in a Berea tournament by 2 in OT to Sayre. Lost by 1 in a tournament to Elliott Co.
They have wins over such teams as Southwestern, Bell Co, Madison Southern, and Cordia.

If Benton, Napier and Long are clicking on all cylinders the Engineers are dangerous. They may not win the 14th but they can sure as heck throw a scare in some of the favorites.

Towards the end of the Elliott County game, Estill was fouled at about half court with time still on the clock. Maybe less than a second, clock was stopped, refs in turn walked off the court with time remaining on the clock. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.