Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: LSU 42 Clemson 25 (CFP Championship)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
oLSU dominates Clemson to claim the national championship.
LSU left no doubt who the best team in the country is. It's great to see Coach O win a national championship and even better to see Dabo lose.
LSU was the real deal. Just too much talent on both sides of the ball. It's my sincere hope the Bengals don't ruin Burrow!
Spirit100 Wrote:LSU was the real deal. Just too much talent on both sides of the ball. It's my sincere hope the Bengals don't ruin Burrow!

Boy, do I hear you. If A.J. re-signs, they will have a really good nucleus of skill position players. But if they don't radically upgrade the O-line, then Burrow will wind up like Tim Couch in Cleveland, getting killed on every other pass attempt.
It's funny. I remember listening to ESPN 's analysts in the preseason say that LSU didn't have talent to compete with Alabama like in years past. I also remember them saying the year that Ohio State won the national championship that no schools had the number of athletes with size like Alabama, Auburn,and Fllordia State.had. They said Ohio State had a few but no where near the amount that Alabama, Auburn, and Florida State.

Two things that were mentioned that were impressive last night in the post game interviews. (1) It was stated that out of 120 players at Clemson 80 were freshman and sophomore to start the season. (2) LSU beat all four of the preseason's top 4 teams: Clemson, Alabama, Georgia, and Oklahoma. I wonder if any other team has gotten to play the preseason top 4 teams and beat them.
Clemson had no answer to this offense.

This is the greatest offense I’ve ever seen in college football from top to bottom
Best team of modern era hands down.

Greatest College Football Conference Ever.
AnswertheBell Wrote:Best team of modern era hands down.

I wouldn't go that far.
Westside Wrote:I wouldn't go that far.

Why? I am listening.
I was rooting for LSU to win this game, BUT I was very worried in the first quarter. Clemson was no push over, and they OWNED first and third quarters.

Glad LSU owned the second and final quarters!!
AnswertheBell Wrote:Best team of modern era hands down.

No question on SEC as best conference of the modern era. Always be some debate on best team, but I'm with you on this one, their resume is just undeniable. Beat Clemson, Alabama, Georgia, Florida, Auburn, Oklahoma, Texas, plus four other bowl teams Texas A&M, Mississippi St., Utah St. and Georgia Southern, with Auburn game being the only one that was really close. So yeah, they've got my vote.