Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Clay County 59 South Laurel 58
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final
Watched it on tv, what a game, two big time shots back to back from both teams. 3 good games in a row over there today.
Have to give Davis props. He has at least two guys on the floor at all times that aren’t even being guarded and he still manages to get his main guys good looks. I don’t remember seeing any forced shots by south in this game. Cromer always seems to make the right pass and take quality shots
The utmost of respect for Coach Davis and his Cardinals! They are WARRIORS! With that being said, so were my Tigers. Coming up huge after last night's big 49th district game at North Laurel. Tigers earn some much needed rest the next day or so. Henry Clay comes to town on the 17th. Defense covers a multitude of sins!!!
Extremely ugly game the first half idk what clay shot but south shot 22 percent first half. South had more walks called tonite than we have all year. Sometimes a week off is good and sometimes it’s not. Both teams battled thru adversity and didn’t give up. Exciting ending for sure.
Clay starting to come together.
TheRock Wrote:Clay starting to come together.

They usually do then it falls apart in the postseason.
Wayne_ Wrote:They usually do then it falls apart in the postseason.

That’s a bad narrative. Clay won 13 district championships in a row and went to 5 region finals with two championships in recent years. They lost to a good Jackson County team with their worst team in 20+ years two years ago and was on the bad end of a draw situation last year while battling injuries. I know you don’t like the coach but that’s a bad argument.
I was at the game, both teams played better in the second half. I wonder how much the break played into the first half.
UKCC Wrote:That’s a bad narrative. Clay won 13 district championships in a row and went to 5 region finals with two championships in recent years. They lost to a good Jackson County team with their worst team in 20+ years two years ago and was on the bad end of a draw situation last year while battling injuries. I know you don’t like the coach but that’s a bad argument.

You are mostly talking about the old clay teams. I was talking about this group of young men and coach gray. And the facts are about them is that they don't perform well in big post season games. That is what I was meaning. The junior class on down as never played at the arena. That is hard to believe. That was my point. No knock on the kids they just have poor leadership. So I think it's a valid point that things usually fall apart in the post season for clay. And on the end of a bad draw from last year. That's no excuse. You have to win those games. Heck, I think one of norths main scorers didnt even play that game. I know you love clay but you're fooling yourself if you think this bunch has panned out and progressed like they should. I just dont think they can beat north or south when it matters.
Seriously how many Marcum's are on here? You think they are all gathered around
hoping Clay Co may lose. Dang you all, it's over ok, drop it and move on. Be for the kids
Wayne_ Wrote:You are mostly talking about the old clay teams. I was talking about this group of young men and coach gray. And the facts are about them is that they don't perform well in big post season games. That is what I was meaning. The junior class on down as never played at the arena. That is hard to believe. That was my point. No knock on the kids they just have poor leadership. So I think it's a valid point that things usually fall apart in the post season for clay. And on the end of a bad draw from last year. That's no excuse. You have to win those games. Heck, I think one of norths main scorers didnt even play that game. I know you love clay but you're fooling yourself if you think this bunch has panned out and progressed like they should. I just dont think they can beat north or south when it matters.

I never said they have panned out or not but that’s just old to get on every single Clay County post and say something about this current group. I root for the Tigers no matter who the coach is or players. The current juniors could lose this year or win two region titles, no one knows but that doesn’t mean we have to comment about the last two seasons on every single post.
UKCC Wrote:I never said they have panned out or not but that’s just old to get on every single Clay County post and say something about this current group. I root for the Tigers no matter who the coach is or players. The current juniors could lose this year or win two region titles, no one knows but that doesn’t mean we have to comment about the last two seasons on every single post.

Just thought we were debating who we thought who would and could win the region. I thought only three teams could and my reasons why.