Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Collett of South Laurel suffers season ending injury
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
According to today’s Corbin Times-Tribune, Ally Collett of South Laurel suffered a knee injury in practice earlier this week, and will miss the rest of the season. Horrible. Hate it for any high school athlete, especially a senior.
Collett was region player-of-the-year last year, and was having another great year this year. She has already signed with Western Kentucky. South should still be good with Steele, Hall, etc., but this probably ends their chances of winning the region.
Hate to see anyone get hurt !
Read about that today, great player and wish her a full recovery and great college career.
I’ll go out on a limb and say they still win region and still have the talent to make a run pending the Sweet 16 pairings.
Hate to see this happen , great player .
Hopefully she has a speedy recovery.
I hate to hear this.
Van Hagar Wrote:According to today’s Corbin Times-Tribune, Ally Collett of South Laurel suffered a knee injury in practice earlier this week, and will miss the rest of the season. Horrible. Hate it for any high school athlete, especially a senior.
Collett was region player-of-the-year last year, and was having another great year this year. She has already signed with Western Kentucky. South should still be good with Steele, Hall, etc., but this probably ends their chances of winning the region.

An update on this. What I posted above was straight from the newspaper after Collett’s injury happened. Now it appears that she could be back in a week or two, because it was determined surgery wasn’t needed. Will be very interesting to see how effective she can be, but great that she can come back. To their credit, South has actually played lights out since she went down, even beat Southwestern on the road last week.
Awful news... but heard that she could be back in the middle of February.
Great player
she Will have a great college career