Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Hazard 54 Wolfe County 51
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Wolfe misses a 3 at the buzzer that would have sent it to overtime.
Wolfe lost the game in 2 different 3 minute spans. Early in the 3rd when they got out scored like 10-2 and in the 4th when Hazard pushed the lead to 8 or 10. Both times I thought Wolfe settled for jump shots. Hazard plays very physical but don’t have any major shot blockers. Wolfe has a couple of kids that need to attack the rim for better shots. Games like tonight are decided in the lane at the rim, not outside. These 2 teams could very well play in a regional tournament game later this year with the stakes even higher. Great atmosphere in the gym tonight, both teams showed they are regional front runners for sure.
Best team lost tonight.
Looks like this was a great game. Watched some of it thanks to Bluegrass Sports Nation. This region is wide open for about 4 teams right now, with Hazard having a slight edge at the moment
One of the best, hardest fought, high school games I have seen in a while. Wolfe County has left no doubt they are for real and a strong contender in the region this year, Hazard reminded everyone they are still the frontrunner and wont give an inch. Tough, physical game from both sides, Hazard won it in the paint as Wolfe County shots wouldn't seem to fall, the Dawgs will win the All A and have a chance to make a serious run at State. Congrats to the 'Dawgs
So does everyone think its a 4 team race? Hazard, Wolfe, KCC and Estill?
jumpshooter Wrote:So does everyone think its a 4 team race? Hazard, Wolfe, KCC and Estill?

I think by the end of the season you will have to put Cordia in the mix if all of their players are still there and Perry Central as well.
Perry and Cordia can beat any team in the region on a good night. Isnt a 4 team race by no means. Both could also have a complete new team by tournament time.
jumpshooter Wrote:So does everyone think its a 4 team race? Hazard, Wolfe, KCC and Estill?

Still a long way untill the regional tournament. Alot of young talent in some of these top teams that are gaining experience and confidence every game. Other teams are also coming together and playing well as the season progresses.
It should be interesting.
#clear the tracks
Wolfeman Wrote:Best team lost tonight.

Breathitt? Lee? Jackson City?
Wolfe County will win their District and lose first round of regional tourney.
Did Hazard have a melt down the last min or miss a lot of free throws? I quit watching with .55 seconds left and Hazard was going to the line up 8.
Wolfe failed to execute in the fourth quarter. I thought they displayed some selfish play and took bad shots. This game went back and forth most of the night and both teams have different strengths. Hall had a nice game for Hazard and Wolfe didn't have an answer. I thought he should had a few more touches. If Johnson continues to shoot that well then Hazard is extremely dangerous because it opens the lane for Pelfrey. Hall and Fletcher play a nice two man game down low. Fun game to watch.
FunFan Wrote:Wolfe County will win their District and lose first round of regional tourney.

I think Wolfe has. A good team but you may be right. Especially if they draw the Bulldogs Hazard seems to have their number.
Hazard seems to have their number? They’ve played 1 time and had a shot a the buzzer to tie the game. I hardly think I would say Hazard has their number. Hazard won but could have lost just as easily.If Johnson doesn’t have the a career night Hazard loses. So I wouldn’t say Hazard has Wolfe’s number. If a team has your number you can’t beat them no matter what.
Wolfe is far more skilled then Hazard and has way more talent. Hazard is more disciplined and they take better care of the ball. Wolfe just didn’t make their shots and didn’t get some calls. At one point the ball was on the floor and no one had possession and the ref called a timeout for Hazard. It was one of the worst calls I’ve ever witnessed.
Thought Wolf would pull out a win !!!!
Wolfeman Wrote:Wolfe is far more skilled then Hazard and has way more talent. Hazard is more disciplined and they take better care of the ball. Wolfe just didn’t make their shots and didn’t get some calls. At one point the ball was on the floor and no one had possession and the ref called a timeout for Hazard. It was one of the worst calls I’ve ever witnessed.

[Image: upAEA20.jpg]

smh, bolz! I guess the next thing you will say is that the wolfees are better than the Patriots, wowza!!! Wolfeboi, life aint fair brutha. Everyone can't have genetics like ole fatpat but everyone can jump on the Patriot bandwagon.

#alwaysthezebrasfault More mash taters please!!!
I’ve not scouted Knot County, but if they ain’t any better then Hazard, I’d take Wolfe over the Patriots any day of the week.
Reds#1Fan Wrote:Hazard seems to have their number? They’ve played 1 time and had a shot a the buzzer to tie the game. I hardly think I would say Hazard has their number. Hazard won but could have lost just as easily.If Johnson doesn’t have the a career night Hazard loses. So I wouldn’t say Hazard has Wolfe’s number. If a team has your number you can’t beat them no matter what.

Pretty much the same teams the last 2 or 3 years,, Hazard beat them twice last year by 20 and 12. With the addition of the 8th grader gives Wolfe some good size.

I really think Wolfe has really good team and are very dangerous team in the region, but Hazard played one of their worst games of the year Wednesday night, they have not played in 12 days, a number of kids missed last week practice's sick, Hazard had several bone head turnovers when they had chance to open lead on numerous occasions, missed FT down the stretch.

Best of luck to both teams rest of the year.
Tradition > Talent
Johnson and W. Tolson only combined for 13 total points! That won’t happen again. Hazard will probably beat Wolfe at home, but if they meet in the region Wolfe wins by 10+.
Wolfeman Wrote:Johnson and W. Tolson only combined for 13 total points! That won’t happen again. Hazard will probably beat Wolfe at home, but if they meet in the region Wolfe wins by 10+.

They combined for 13pts because at the end of the day they’re still Wolfe County.

If there was any game ever set up to win for the Wolves this was it. Hazard had not played in 10 days and as everyone knows Wolfe County gets all the calls at home.

So in my mind Wolfe proved they’re not ready for the big stage. This was a game they should have won if they truly are a top team in the region
Refs are always bias for Hazard. It doesn’t matter if they play home or away.
Wolfeman Wrote:Refs are always bias for Hazard. It doesn’t matter if they play home or away.

Lol. Cry much?
Great game. Good atmosphere