Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Hazard vs Wolfe @ Wolfe..any thoughts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
If Wolfe plays the way they can play and shoot the ball good like they normally do hazard has a challenge ahead of them.
Both teams have very skilled players. In order for Wolfe to win, they’ve got to have solid play for the entire game. Their offense seems to get lost at times. For this reason, I’d give the edge to Hazard. If for the first time all season, Wolfe County puts together a complete game, they can most certainly win.
Hazard isn’t going to try to ply fast with Wolfe that’s a game they can’t win. Big Al will make this a game of toughness and execution. Hazard has more experience in those type of games but Wolfe is more than capable of playing any style if they keep their focus.
I watched the live-stream Monday of the Wolfe v. Owsley game, and Wolfe is a strong team with a lot of weapons. Johnson is the most complete player in the region and him and Tolson are one of the best (if not the best) backcourts in East Ky. Wolfe is very well balanced and has other shooters too, if Wolfe gets some solid inside play from thier big 8th grader Ritchie, they could easily win this game. But, Hazard is a veteran team with a great PG in Pelfrey and inside muscle with Logan Hall and Fletcher. Big Al will try to control the tempo and pound the ball inside, Pelfrey and Napier doing damage from outside. I think my 'Dawgs pull out a close one in Campton 58-56, in a great game. The winner of this game wins the All A regional as well.
Hazard 55-46.
Hopefully RS doesn’t choke..... that school could use a big win with all the tragedy that’s happened this year.
What does that mean? Robert Scott is one of the most prepared coaches in the region every time his team takes the floor. RS get more out of his team than most small school coaches year in year out.
Reds#1Fan Wrote:What does that mean? Robert Scott is one of the most prepared coaches in the region every time his team takes the floor. RS get more out of his team than most small school coaches year in year out.

I’ve coached high school sports for 16 years now, the team become what the head coach is. I’m not sure if you watched last night, hazard made a run and the WC got away from the game plan. I watched the district championship game last year where WC had the bench to win and they played the same 5 players the whole game. I never said he wasn’t prepared for games, just simply being prepared and able to coach are two different things.
Oleballcoach Wrote:I’ve coached high school sports for 16 years now, the team become what the head coach is. I’m not sure if you watched last night, hazard made a run and the WC got away from the game plan. I watched the district championship game last year where WC had the bench to win and they played the same 5 players the whole game. I never said he wasn’t prepared for games, just simply being prepared and able to coach are two different things.

R u saying the Wolfe coach isn’t much of a good coach? That’s pretty harsh commentary from one coach to another. Coaches get a lot of criticism from fans and parents not usually from their peers.
SmileyTown Wrote:R u saying the Wolfe coach isn’t much of a good coach? That’s pretty harsh commentary from one coach to another. Coaches get a lot of criticism from fans and parents not usually from their peers.
I’m not a coach anymore, hung up the sneakers a while ago. I’m just a fan that goes around and watch teams play, you can call it criticism if you want, I call it a honest evaluation.
The best coaches I’ve ever known where bleacher coaches. Lol I know I’m undefeated in the bleachers.
I totally disagree with you if you think Wolfe was better than Breathitt last year. Breathitt was a Sr dominated team with probably the best player in the region in Taulbee. Breathitt was a Top 5 team in the region and Wolfe was an extremely young team just learning how to play. Seems to me like you just like to trash people behind a screen name. If you coached for a long period of time I’d like to know where because you must have had a great record.
Oleballcoach Wrote:I’ve coached high school sports for 16 years now, the team become what the head coach is. I’m not sure if you watched last night, hazard made a run and the WC got away from the game plan. I watched the district championship game last year where WC had the bench to win and they played the same 5 players the whole game. I never said he wasn’t prepared for games, just simply being prepared and able to coach are two different things.

What is your issue with Wolfe’s Coach?

Got away from the game plan? What exactly was the gameplan? To try and get out and run? I’m pretty sure that was the gameplan.
Wolfe controlled the first half of the game.
Came out in the first few mins of the 3rd and took some really bad shots, didn’t move the ball any and got down 8.

Here is the story of the game. Wolfe’s 2 best players were 5-26 from the field. Hazard’s Johnson made a career high 5 3’s. And Wolfe County still had a 3 at the buzzer to tie the game. If they play again later those same 2 won’t go 5-26 and I don’t think Johnson will make 5 3’s again for hazard. So I like our chances.

And as far as Wolfe having the bench last year to win the district. Who was it that was on the bench to win the district? Since you have coached high school sports for 16 years. Please tell us who was on the bench that didn’t play that would have won the district for us?
Wolfe lost the district last year because they were all freshman sophomores. Basically a jv team that couldn’t guard varsity players. Kids on the bench couldn’t guard varsity players either. This year they are all sophomores and juniors with one senior seeing any real time and they are much better defending the ball.
This time last year they were 3-12
They are 11-3 this year and return everyone next year.
I’m pretty sure they are gonna be ok.