Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Breathitt County 73 Leslie County 67
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What’s the final score?
Breathitt County 73
Leslie County 67
Final
I don’t know if the officiating crew was getting paid by the call or not but I think there was close to 60 fouls called on this game. Neither team could get in a rhythm. Absolutely ridiculous.
Leslie was up 8 with just under 4 minutes left in the 4th. Basically gave the game away. They are finally figuring it out!
I say this as an honest opinion, refs in the 14th region need to be reevaluated. Over the past couple years, officiating has went way down hill and it’s hurting the integrity of the game.
Wasn’t there so this is an honest question... was the officiating bad on both sides?
Elite Eagle Wrote:Wasn’t there so this is an honest question... was the officiating bad on both sides?
Officiating was horrible both ways. Not just one sided.
Not saying either team benefitted from the calls last night because I wasn’t at the game but officiating in the 14th is at an all time low right now. I think most of this has to fall on the Assignor Brian Cook. He is rarely ever at games and gives little to no feedback to younger officials on what they need to do to improve. We have several older officials that still get prime time games because they are good buddies with the right people. Just because you was a good official in 1995 doesn’t mean you are still at the top of your craft. I think we need some new leadership with our officials, someone that will hold people accountable for their performance.
Leslie didn’t give anything away. They couldn’t handle Breathitt’s press when they turned up the pressure. Breathitt is just the better team. Breathitt has better players and more bodies

4ever witness Wrote:Leslie was up 8 with just under 4 minutes left in the 4th. Basically gave the game away. They are finally figuring it out!
Leslie tried to get a timeout for 3 straight possessions durning that stretch but all 3 referees was on breathitt side of the floor and it was too loud for them to here the TO. Who's knows if it woulda made a difference but it was an 8 point swing druing that stretch. Leslie has the best player in the 14th region with Trent Day. He's finally turned on past 3 games with 30, 27, 26... lol