Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 14th Region Rankings (1/5/2020)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
1. Owsley County
2. Wolfe County
3. Hazard
4. Letcher County Central
5. Knott County Central
6. Leslie County
If these rankings are spot on then it should be a really big game at Wolfe County tomorrow night.
The winner of this game then gets Hazard on Wednesday.
These 3 teams definitely got in the easy part of the bracket. 😭
14th region fanman Wrote:If these rankings are spot on then it should be a really big game at Wolfe County tomorrow night.
The winner of this game then gets Hazard on Wednesday.
These 3 teams definitely got in the easy part of the bracket. 😭
Even though they have 6 losses this year I still think Knott would have to be considered number 1 right now. They haven’t lost any games to 14th region teams, which includes an 8 point win at home vs Owsley and a 14 point win over Hazard in a tournament.
Their losses have come to some pretty good competition on the road in holiday tournaments such as Boyd Co, Pulaski Co, Shelby Valley, Garrard Co, McCreary Central, and Pikeville.
Cantrel's rating in yesterday's paper
1. Letcher Central

2. Hazard

3. Wolfe County

4. Knott Central

5. Leslie County

6. Owsley County

7. Perry Central

8. Powell County

Yea the easiest by far looks like Knott will be in final game for sure it’s an lop sided bracket for sure
blaze9 Wrote:Cantrel's rating in yesterday's paper
1. Letcher Central

2. Hazard

3. Wolfe County

4. Knott Central

5. Leslie County

6. Owsley County

7. Perry Central

8. Powell County

I think Owsley is better than 6 but these ratings will play themselves out as the season progresses. They have Hazard above Knott when Knott already beat them head to head by 14. They have Leslie over Owsley when Owsley won at Leslie in their holiday tournament. I don’t know how the CJ system works but I’ve always thought the Cantrell has it a little more accurate.
I don’t know much about Letcher but they must be a good team. I know they graduated their 6’ Center from last year, but a big school like that usually has someone ready to step in and keep the ball rolling.
1. Letcher
2. Knott
3. Hazard
4. Wolfe
5. Owsley

This is the way I see it as of today. Also you can tell that first year coaches, Goff and McAlarnis, are having transition pains. I think Powell is improving as the season goes along.
1. Letcher
2. Knott
3. Leslie
4. Hazard
5. Wolfe
Look at Perrys schedule. Played sone pretty good teams. Think anyone may had some transitioning pains. Perry will get better.