Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Top Passing QB'S in Eastern KY
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
looking forward to the new football season here guys.
just wondering if anyone can tell me what teams
will have the besy passing offence in eastern ky this season?
and who can tell me about their qb's.
i like to watch a pass heavy offense.
i honestly think powell county will have a good passing offense. mike whitaker former uk qb, coached one of the best qb's uk has ever seen, powell will shock a couple this season.
Somerset
Hazard
Clay Co
Leslie Co also has a pretty good QB that can pass the ball.
ricky bowling South Laurel
You all will be suprsied at Russells AJ Cordle.
He has the prettiest most accuate ball i have seen in person.. no joke
Listen Aj is good throwing QB but hes not accurate at all.....i mean he cant even see over the line and in yesterdays game he did not kno wat to do when people rushed him back in the pocket
oldballer73 Wrote:Listen Aj is good throwing QB but hes not accurate at all.....i mean he cant even see over the line and in yesterdays game he did not kno wat to do when people rushed him back in the pocket

I dont think you have seen AJ throw that much..
IMO nonoe really looked like they knew what they were doin yesterday.. well.. no one looked expierenced.. but thats what you get with the first scrimmage..
you'll see as the season goes what im talkin about..
Tyler Johnson SV
1a. Lewis- Clay County
1b. Cashen- Corbin

3. Olinger- Hazrad
4. Nelson- Bell County
5. Morgan- Leslie County

Lewis will have ungodly stats for the second straight year, but Cashen is the better passer, mechanically speaking, and on the better team.

Nelson of Bell would put up huge numbers if he were in a spread offense, he is a very sound QB. The Morgan kid at Leslie is in a system designed for QB's to succeed.

Some of names to note: Goldsmith of Lawrence County, Jones of Russell (if they end up using him as the QB), Elkins of Belfry (this may surprise some but the kid is an excellent passer), Adams at Middlesboro, Fugate of Breathitt, Rice at Powell County, Bowling of South Laurel, and anyone you put at QB at Somerset when you have John Cole to throw to.
imo brennan case from blhs
kysportsguru Wrote:Tyler Johnson SV

i agree! He put up some great stats before he hurt his knee!
blhsbobcat Wrote:imo brennan case from blhs
Could this kid even see over a JV line?
Lewis is #1. The Nelson kid at Bell is an unbelievable QB, but he doesn't get to throw it much. The Banks kid at LCC will put up some numbers, as will Breathitt's QB.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:1a. Lewis- Clay County
1b. Cashen- Corbin

3. Olinger- Hazrad
4. Nelson- Bell County
5. Morgan- Leslie County

Lewis will have ungodly stats for the second straight year, but Cashen is the better passer, mechanically speaking, and on the better team.

Nelson of Bell would put up huge numbers if he were in a spread offense, he is a very sound QB. The Morgan kid at Leslie is in a system designed for QB's to succeed.

Some of names to note: Goldsmith of Lawrence County, Jones of Russell (if they end up using him as the QB), Elkins of Belfry (this may surprise some but the kid is an excellent passer), Adams at Middlesboro, Fugate of Breathitt, Rice at Powell County, Bowling of South Laurel, and anyone you put at QB at Somerset when you have John Cole to throw to.
No way Olinger is #3, IMO...he does not even get consideration.

Banks at LCC should be mentioned.
FOX SPORTS Wrote:No way Olinger is #3, IMO...he does not even get consideration.

i couldn't disagree more. olinger will have huge numbers passing the ball
this year.
i have heard Pike Central is going to throw the ball a lot don't know who QB is.
FOX SPORTS Wrote:No way Olinger is #3, IMO...he does not even get consideration.

Olinger to Campbell single handidly led Hazard to a regional title last season. Additionally, aside from Cashen, he is the only true Dual-Option QB in the mountains, Olinger will put up nice rushing stats as well. Hazard will more thna likely win their district title this year, but without Olinger they finish 3rd or 4th.

I would easily concede listing Nelson ahead of Olinger, but I don't know of any other QB who deserves to ebr anked higher.

I honestly forgot the Banks kid for a mention.
rallo316 Wrote:i have heard Pike Central is going to throw the ball a lot don't know who QB is.
I heard this evening from a P.C. player their QB is Aaron McGuire
Everyone may not know this but by the end of the year Lawrence County's Boone Goldsmith will be recognized as one of the best "young" quarterbacks in not only Eastern Ky. but ALL OF KY. L.C. will now be at the top of all passing stats,no longer will they be just the "Belly read". The DAWGS are back and the tradition will be restored.L.C. is loaded with young talent especially sophs. and frosh. welcome back to the DAWG POUND.Better get on board now it will be a great ride for years to come. DAWG FAMILY back on top to stay,FAMILY TOUGHNESS TRADITION.
Nora Wrote:Everyone may not know this but by the end of the year Lawrence County's Boone Goldsmith will be recognized as one of the best "young" quarterbacks in not only Eastern Ky. but ALL OF KY. L.C. will now be at the top of all passing stats,no longer will they be just the "Belly read". The DAWGS are back and the tradition will be restored.L.C. is loaded with young talent especially sophs. and frosh. welcome back to the DAWG POUND.Better get on board now it will be a great ride for years to come. DAWG FAMILY back on top to stay,FAMILY TOUGHNESS TRADITION.

Couldnt said it better myself, welcome to the BGR Dawg Pound!!!!!
Whoever starts for Breathitt, both Fugate and Haddix are good.
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:Whoever starts for Breathitt, both Fugate and Haddix are good.

Didnt Haddix have a brother who played there a few years ago and went onto college to play.
Yes, he went to Western Kentucky and has started QB every year he has been there.
HazzBeen Wrote:Yes, he went to Western Kentucky and has started QB every year he has been there.

OK thats what I was thinking just making sure it was another Haddix one was enough. lol If he is anythang like his brother he is good.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Olinger to Campbell single handidly led Hazard to a regional title last season. Additionally, aside from Cashen, he is the only true Dual-Option QB in the mountains, Olinger will put up nice rushing stats as well. Hazard will more thna likely win their district title this year, but without Olinger they finish 3rd or 4th.

Hazard got beat in the regional championship by Somerset.
Olinger will still be a good QB this year as long as Campbell doesn't have to sit out for grades or an attitude problem.
Nora Wrote:Everyone may not know this but by the end of the year Lawrence County's Boone Goldsmith will be recognized as one of the best "young" quarterbacks in not only Eastern Ky. but ALL OF KY. L.C. will now be at the top of all passing stats,no longer will they be just the "Belly read". The DAWGS are back and the tradition will be restored.L.C. is loaded with young talent especially sophs. and frosh. welcome back to the DAWG POUND.Better get on board now it will be a great ride for years to come. DAWG FAMILY back on top to stay,FAMILY TOUGHNESS TRADITION.

LC does have the potential to get back to where it was, but right now thats all it is potential. Scrimmages are meaningless except for the experience and practice against other defenses other than your own. I to believe LC will make a step in the right direction, but its not going to happen over night.

As far as the Top QB's go:
1.) Lewis (Clay Co.)
2.) Ratliff ( Johnson Central)
3.) Bowling (South Laurel)
4.) Olinger (Hazard)
5.) Goldsmith (Lawrence Co.)
Andrew elkins is @ the helm!! Very fine QB!!!
And Andrew has plenty of protection!!!!!! Smile
clay county without a doubt that kid is the best high school qb ive seen in a while. he is a great qb. i see em breakin some records before he graduates

Banks? i have to disagree on that. he is an ok qb he is a good scrambler but as far as passin goes i see him as just a lil better then average. i think dakota brock from lcc is better in my opinon
Pages: 1 2