Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Predictions for 14th region all A
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First round pics of all A Leslie over breathitt Wolfe over Owsley
And Knott over June b
I think it will be a close game for a while but Owsley will pull away and win by around 10 points. Owsley has played a tough schedule so far this season with only 2 home games. They’re out scoring their opponents by 15 points per game, 69-54. Three girls average in double figures at 20 ppg, 17 and 12. I haven’t seen Wolfe but according to their statistics on KHSAA their main threat is Smith who is averaging about 24 ppg (team averages 57) with about 25% of her points from the free throw line on 83% accuracy. That’s one area she is very good. Of her 20 points vs Danville she had 18 from the foul line and only one field goal. In the All A vs Owsley last year in Jackson all 12 of her points in the game were free throws if memory serves me correctly. So Owsley will have to do a good defensive job on her and keep her off the line, where she is one of the best in the state.
I don’t think Owsley has remotely the same type of defense as Danville. Danville plays full court man all over the floor and has far better athletes 1-10 than Owsley. If Owsley plays man they will be forced to put Lynch on Smith which is a big risk if she gets into foul trouble early.
Wolfe and Owsley either one that comes out on top have the toughest road to make it to the end of the tournament than any of the other teams Knott got the best draw don’t know how they put 4 out of the 5 best on one side of the bracket but as they say to be the best you have to beat the best so good luck to all the girls but I’m still pulling for Wolfe
Ol fatpat should be feeling good about this tournament although he’s been pretty quite about his patriots lately
Reds#1Fan Wrote:I don’t think Owsley has remotely the same type of defense as Danville. Danville plays full court man all over the floor and has far better athletes 1-10 than Owsley. If Owsley plays man they will be forced to put Lynch on Smith which is a big risk if she gets into foul trouble early.

Wolfe’s Hailey Smith is a great player, no question about that. Very talented. And she is difficult to contain. But somehow Wolfe also has to figure a way to stop Owsley’s Lexy Lynch . She’s talented as well, a 5’9 positionless player, averaging 21 ppg, quick, and fast in transition. Owls also have two other girls averaging double figures through 12 games, Carly Smith at 16 ppg and Kenzie Herald at 13 ppg. Center Ameila Murray is back healthy and playing good. Mic Johnson, another guard, has been starting since 8th grade (now a junior) as have Lynch, Murray and Herald.
Several posts on here keep bringing up Wolfe’s game with Danville. No doubt the Admirals are a tough team, one of the best in All A. Playing them to 1 point is an achievement. But Owsley has been battle tested too, playing Knott to within 8 early in the season at Knott, where the Patriots were hot as fire from 3 point land, making 11. Owsley played Jackson Co, one of the better teams in the 13th, to a 3 point loss in McKee. They won at Leslie by 4. Lost to Harlan Co by 12 with their center not playing due to illness. Beat a good Williamsburg team in Gatlinburg by 12, a team that was tied with South Laurel last night with about 2 minutes left in their game before losing.
So Owsley has some “Danville” type games of their own. Their schedule has not been easy with the exception of a couple of games.
We’ll just have to allow it to play out on Monday and see what happens. Should be a good game!
I agree it will be a great game Wolfe and Owsley always play hard against each other probably be who hits their free throws at the end
Owsley / Wolfe will be a very physical & fast paced game, how it is officiated will be key to the outcome. It’ll be a good test for both teams as they move forward.
I thought the refs done a pretty good job
I predict a Knott/Hazard final. Knott has an easy path to the championship game. Hazard will have to go through Wolfe and Leslie, which will not be easy.
[Image: qJB2SkN.png]

Bolz, Honeycutta is primed for this one bolz. He's been displaying moves from the 1990 wrestlemania. Hightide Hays came in blowing green smoke dressed in some crazy garb saying he was a brutha to Kabuki, smh!

#ladypatstakingjacksybystorm More mash taters please!!!