Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Bell County Basketball
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
How is Bell County doing this year with new head coach? I know expectations this summer were high
Not real good right now, but we didn’t get most of our team until up in December. It’s way too soon to judge. This is to be expected.
Have they had some kids quit already?
No, 3 starters are football players and didn’t get to basketball till Dec 5..
We will see the real basketball team this month. We play the Bobcats next week and both teams should start hitting there strides.. We have several football guys that are getting in basketball shape..
Someone said the Jones kid quit. As well as the Huff and Widener kids. None of them have been in any box scores
We will see how this progresses, 2 weeks from now. Right now a $26,000 for Coaching is not paying off. 2 weeks
Craze JACKET man Wrote:No, 3 starters are football players and didn’t get to basketball till Dec 5..
We will see the real basketball team this month. We play the Bobcats next week and both teams should start hitting there strides.. We have several football guys that are getting in basketball shape..

Your football guys have had almost 2 months. Pick a side can’t be a Bell and Middlesboro fan Bo Silcox proved that.
I’m a Yellow Jacket born and raised. I do watch out county school play along with Mtn. Lions.
I’m not good with math, but Dec 5th is not two months (Bell Co.)
Yes our players should be in basketball shape.
Are you confused as to who you cheer for? I said yours had been almost 2 months and you questioned Dec 5th and referenced Bell County? Your Math skills are on grade level it your reading comprehension that is in question.
They look terrible tonight.
Playing better now. Started really slow.
Who are they playing? Where?
Barren at south
I’m pretty sure some kids have already quit and the Phipps kid transferred to Pineville. I heard Jones quit, but was wondering if he was getting ready for college football.
Crazy Zebra Wrote:Someone said the Jones kid quit. As well as the Huff and Widener kids. None of them have been in any box scores

Jones didn't get into the Harlan County game early in the year. I guess it didn't work out, but he had never played before anyway. The other two are juniors, I think, who weren't expected to play much.
Not a big deal. Everyone loses a few players.
Who does Bell play tomorrow?
The Phipps boy leaving was huge. Left a gap that will be hard to fill. Depth is one of the biggest issues. Record (so far)is worse than the previous few years! But it is early!
It’s the second week of January. We are just a tic above average. Money not adding up right now. Thoughts?
Xerxes Wrote:It’s the second week of January. We are just a tic above average. Money not adding up right now. Thoughts?

It’s literally year 1 of what is going to be a multi year process. If you are paying attention at all you will see he is giving his time day in and day to put us on a solid foundation for the next 15 years. Between starting the little dribblers and the youth league and skills development on Saturdays he’s spending countless hours doing the little things to ensure that the ship is not only heading in the right direction but also ensure he has quality players coming up year after year.

It’s not like he took over a powerhouse, haven’t won a district title in 5 years, and frankly we were pretty bad last year.
Average now and will be from now on. So it will be multiple years before a change? Listen he had more talent than anyone at North. Enough said. How much big money did Bell spend?
Dudley will make sure he is the main attraction. Mediocre BB will not change. He isn’t the first to have youth program!!!! LOL
I love how all the haters come out. It’s mesmerizing to me how obsessed some people are with little ole Bell County. Ahh well, haters gonna hate. I’ve had a front row seat to what he’s been doing and frankly he’s working very hard and things will turn around in time.
Much better than what we had in Smith , not so much than those previously. Most of all for that much money not a five year plan.
Smith scheduled cupcakes just to have a good record, and as a result wasn’t ready for the postseason. The schedule this year is tough. The regular season is to prepare you for the postseason. Bell will be fine. Thanks for your concern.
Just so you know, for $33,000 extra for coaching, just fine is not what we paid for.
People are idiots if they can’t see what Brad is doing.
Watched a game a few weeks ago. Bell should be hitting stride just right come mid February.
Xerxes Wrote:Just so you know, for $33,000 extra for coaching, just fine is not what we paid for.

33k isn't that much. While i don't know this guy I can say this If you want monkeys then pay peanuts. As I have to tell people regular - Rome wasn't built in a day but it was destroyed in one. Patience and time. But 33K isn't much money. No way in hell I would coach highschool basketball in this era wihout making a min of 45K. Dealing with keyboard warriors and parents that think Little Jimmy is the next all american is worth more.
$33,000 Coaching stipend is not that much? Wow didn’t know that. On top of teaching pay. Well. So we are getting what we paid for.
$33,000 plus teaching position which probably has him with a major degree and years taught. I would say he is looking at making around $75,000 - $80,000. Tough to live on around here.
Pages: 1 2