Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 2019 KFCA Coach of the year
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pikeville Head Football Coach Chris McNamee was honored this Wednesday by being named the Kentucky Football Coaches Association Coach of the year. The honor goes to only one Coach from all six classifications. Coach McNamee was named District 7 Coach of the year, an honor presented at Kroger Field during the Class 1-A championship game. He was one of 48 Coaches recognized during Championship weekend. Coach McNamee and his Panthers captured the Class 1-A Championship by defeating the Paintsville Tigers 48-0. Congratulations to Coach Chris McNamee by earning these honors for the 2019 Season !
43-0 😁

Well deserved honor. Of course other coaches had great seasons but I truly feel McNamee was the right choice this year.
Great man first. Great coach second. PHS is incredibly fortunate to have him at the helm!
Panther Thunder Wrote:Great man first. Great coach second. PHS is incredibly fortunate to have him at the helm!

Totally agree. Chris comes from a great family too. Tons of respect for this family.
Congratulations to Coach Mac well deserved and I haven’t known him long but love that my grandchildren are playing for him.
Really enjoyed watching Chris as a player. I remember HC Hillard Howard saying in the post Championship game in 1987, that Chris was like a "coach on the field". That's how much confidence Coach Howard had in him as a Senior football star, who was selected 1st team all state for the Panthers in 1987. Imo, he's always been a great leader as a player on the High School level, and collegiate as well, not to mention what a leader he is as HC at PHS. Congrats Coach Mac! Already looking forward to the 2020 season !!
Compared to his character, integrity & respectability, he’s the worst coach in history!! I hope everyone understands how I mean that!! Having had the pleasure of playing for the man 15 years ago & knowing him on somewhat of a personal level, when I think of Coach Mac, its not how good of a football coach he is & how he made me a better football player. What I think of is how good of a man he is, & how he treated me; How I’ve seen him treat everyone he comes in contact with with the same respect & kindness & does not play favorites. Mostly what I think of is how he made me a better person by being around him!! And yes, he’s as fine of a football coach as they come!! Congratulations Coach Mac, this is well deserved for more than one reason!!
Congratulations to Coach Mac! The right man won the award. What a job he did this year, and years past, with the Pikeville Panther football program. This is only the beginning. If he stays at Pikeville, and I don't see why he wouldn't unless the college ranks come calling which is a possibility, he could end up being, or passing, some of the greats to ever do it in Kentucky. Again, Congrats to Coach Mac. Well deserved.
Boomer_Sooner Wrote:Compared to his character, integrity & respectability, he’s the worst coach in history!! I hope everyone understands how I mean that!! Having had the pleasure of playing for the man 15 years ago & knowing him on somewhat of a personal level, when I think of Coach Mac, its not how good of a football coach he is & how he made me a better football player. What I think of is how good of a man he is, & how he treated me; How I’ve seen him treat everyone he comes in contact with with the same respect & kindness & does not play favorites. Mostly what I think of is how he made me a better person by being around him!! And yes, he’s as fine of a football coach as they come!! Congratulations Coach Mac, this is well deserved for more than one reason!!

I know exactly what you mean and that's as great a compliment as anyone could give. Very well said my friend.
Congrats Coach Mac. Well deserved.
#55PirateFan Wrote:I know exactly what you mean and that's as great a compliment as anyone could give. Very well said my friend.

That’s old buddy. About as true as i could have said it!
Outstanding job and deserved
Patriot1 Wrote:Congratulations to Coach Mac well deserved and I haven’t known him long but love that my grandchildren are playing for him.

Grandchildren? :yikes::yikes:

Gee, you must be a real old codger. I figured you to be a young spy guy, like myself.:biggrin:
Congrats To Coach For The Award ,Maybe They Should Have Gave 2 Coaches Of The Year . I Say That Because Of Somerset Coach Leading Them To 1st Title In 117 yrs..
Bob Seger Wrote:Grandchildren? :yikes::yikes:

Gee, you must be a real old codger. I figured you to be a young spy guy, like myself.:biggrin:

Bob Seger, I have been called a lot of things but young isn’t one of them. Have a great year and get ready for the Ashland Tomcats next year the greatest team on the turf.
Congrat Chris
Well deserved. His record speaks for itself
He is a great Coach and the man that took a 1A school and put a running clock in the first half on Mingo Central you got to love him lol ��
Nobody in this state I want my son to play for more than Chris McNamee. I never have to worry that he or his staff are leading my boy wrong. Congrats Coach!
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:Nobody in this state I want my son to play for more than Chris McNamee. I never have to worry that he or his staff are leading my boy wrong. Congrats Coach!

If I had a son or grandson, i'd be just like you. Nobody I would want him to play for other than Coach Mac himself. He's a great man first, then a HC.
Congrats Coach Mac, so well deserved. And to the best coaching staff in the state as well.
Bob Seger Wrote:Grandchildren? :yikes::yikes:

Patriot1 Wrote:Bob Seger, I have been called a lot of things but young isn’t one of them. Have a great year and get ready for the Ashland Tomcats next year the greatest team on the turf.

It's getting a little deep, guys!
Confusednicker: