Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: CovCath Michael Mayer Mr. Football
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just seen where Mayer was named Mr. Football!
UK1fan Wrote:Just seen where Mayer was named Mr. Football!

He won the KFCA Mr. Football which is fairly new. He's a deserving player.

The traditional Mr. Football is voted on by the AP and hasn't been announced yet. :Thumbs:
I think the KFCA gets this stuff more accurate. Heck, the AP had Scott County top 10 in 6A football preseason. AP is a popularity contest.
Congrats big Mike!
AP is a joke. Always has been.
Hatz Wrote:He won the KFCA Mr. Football which is fairly new. He's a deserving player.

The traditional Mr. Football is voted on by the AP and hasn't been announced yet. :Thumbs:

The AP has no clue about Ky football.
Can’t wait to see him suit up for Notre Dame.

Congrats young man.

GO IRISH ☘️ 🏈
They got it right. He’s pure football player if there ever was one.
Congrats big mike!! I somewhat agree on the AP stuff. I remember a few years ago someone voted Casey county for the #1 spot in 3A half way through the season. I was lost.
Congrats to him.
Redneck Wrote:Can’t wait to see him suit up for Notre Dame.

Congrats young man.

GO IRISH ☘️ 🏈

Yes Sir, Go Irish!

Congratulations Mr. Mayer, well deserved!
Real Badman Wrote:AP is a joke. Always has been.

They are all political.
As expected... Congrats Big Mike and to Cov Cath.
Congrats
By far the best player in the state this year he deserves it!
I wouldn’t say by real far. But he deserves it every bit
Congratulations to this young man a very good football player
Best player in the state!!!
Hound05 Wrote:I wouldn’t say by real far. But he deserves it every bit

So who's running "real" close behind him in your opinion?
FBfan4life Wrote:So who's running "real" close behind him in your opinion?

Reece Smith?
Hound05 Wrote:Reece Smith?

In that case by far Big Mike. The way he plays on offense and impact on defense, is far non. Smith is great.... on the offensive side of the ball. Don't let FoSho see this post, He will go ape doo-doo lol
FBfan4life Wrote:In that case by far Big Mike. The way he plays on offense and impact on defense, is far non. Smith is great.... on the offensive side of the ball. Don't let FoSho see this post, He will go ape doo-doo lol

Well, Reese was a great Safety.

7 Interceptions in 14 games with 1 returned for a TD. That's 3rd in 4A.

14th in the State Overall. :Thumbs:
Hatz Wrote:Well, Reese was a great Safety.

7 Interceptions in 14 games with 1 returned for a TD. That's 3rd in 4A.

14th in the State Overall. :Thumbs:

Ok fair enough, but not sure if you detected my sarcasm? It was a direct jab to our dude FoSho, cause knowing him his boy Reese or Reed should have won it.
FBfan4life Wrote:Ok fair enough, but not sure if you detected my sarcasm? It was a direct jab to our dude FoSho, cause knowing him his boy Reese or Reed should have won it.

Didn't detect it. Sorry about that. :Thumbs:
FBfan4life Wrote:In that case by far Big Mike. The way he plays on offense and impact on defense, is far non. Smith is great.... on the offensive side of the ball. Don't let FoSho see this post, He will go ape doo-doo lol

I’m not discrediting Mayer for winning. I tbink he should have won. I’m just saying his not head and shoulders above smith. I don’t let FoSho fool me into anything. I’ve seen the kid play multiple times now as I have Mayer. On the HS level they aren’t that far apart at all with what they’ve done on the field or talent. I tbink most objective fans would say the same. As most already have in the BGR player thread. Some would even say at the Hs level Smith is better, but they are just looking at stats. I honestly think an argument could be made for either to be Mr. football. Both HAVE to be accounted for on offense. I actually think smith is probably more dangerous on the offensive end than Mayer is. But Mayer is better on the defensive side of it. Either way if he wins, it’s well deserved
Hatz Wrote:He won the KFCA Mr. Football which is fairly new. He's a deserving player.

If he doesn’t win that too then the AP just needs to concede that they have no clue about football.
Mayer winning. About as close as Heisman.
Hound05 Wrote:I’m not discrediting Mayer for winning. I tbink he should have won. I’m just saying his not head and shoulders above smith. I don’t let FoSho fool me into anything. I’ve seen the kid play multiple times now as I have Mayer. On the HS level they aren’t that far apart at all with what they’ve done on the field or talent. I tbink most objective fans would say the same. As most already have in the BGR player thread. Some would even say at the Hs level Smith is better, but they are just looking at stats. I honestly think an argument could be made for either to be Mr. football. Both HAVE to be accounted for on offense. I actually think smith is probably more dangerous on the offensive end than Mayer is. But Mayer is better on the defensive side of it. Either way if he wins, it’s well deserved

I agree with you Hound. I think Mayer should be Mr. Football in my opinion. But it is extremely close. And if Smith ended up winning it, there would be no complaints from me for that either. Both are deserving. As long as one of these TOP 2 wins it then I'll believe justice has been served.

Now if a certain QB wins it that's committed to UK, then I'll have plenty of questions. Not that he's not a good football player, because he's a very good player, it'll be because favoritism was shown and I think most of us will agree on that. He's just not in the same class with Smith and Mayer this year. And I'm not downing the kid because I think he had a great high school career and I think he'll end up doing well at UK. But he's not been near as good as the two top dawgs this year.