Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Cordia 72 Perry County Central 69
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final
:Cheerlead
Wow..
Wow? Whole team of out of state kids beat a local high school team. Really shocked?
Just curious, who is the "local high school team" , and I mean "local" - can't be referring to PCC - lol
eky.sports.fan Wrote:Just curious, who is the "local high school team" , and I mean "local" - can't be referring to PCC - lol

Ain't this the truth!!:biglmao:
Cordia has is the best junior college basketball team in the 14th region!! No doubt about it!
You people kill me! Poor old 14th region teams having to play against recruited players. How dare Cordia do what every other team in the 14th has done for years.
Booger Branch Bandit Wrote:You people kill me! Poor old 14th region teams having to play against recruited players. How dare Cordia do what every other team in the 14th has done for years.

Easy there, big fella. That's a bold statement. Teams that have "recruited" would be limited to Cordia, PCC, Hazard and Knott. But the only ones that do it EVERY SINGLE YEAR....... PCC, Cordia, and Hazard several years ago.
Your right. I got a little carried away. Historically speaking, several of the most successful teams in the 14th have had recruits contribute to their success. I just people would quit whining about it.
There’s several teams that have never recruited and you can tell who they are because they are the teams that don’t compete for a regional championship year in and year out.
Wolfeman Wrote:There’s several teams that have never recruited and you can tell who they are because they are the teams that don’t compete for a regional championship year in and year out.

Exactly and those are the ones that should be proud because they have the balls to play without recruits and have real coaches that try to develop their homegrown talent.
All I can say is PCC had a bad recruiting year. Hire a new recruiting coordinator. ��
Bstidham47 Wrote:Exactly and those are the ones that should be proud because they have the balls to play without recruits and have real coaches that try to develop their homegrown talent.

So Letcher has never received a kid from Wise or Knott County?
Willie_Mays_Hayes Wrote:So Letcher has never received a kid from Wise or Knott County?
Since the school's inception, the boys program has never had a starter from anyone other than our feeder schools.
There are a lot of transfers in northern and central Ky schools. Question is do you just want to play or do you want to compete?
Over the years at Perry and Hazard it has been hard enough competing there for playing time with the local yokals. Kids from there get introduced to basketball when they are 3 years old. Bringing in out of state players without their families coming with them is kind of strange to say the least. I know of one guy that keeps about 6 of them in the same house. Some play for PCC and some for Cordia. Weird situation around Perry County.
Lion king Wrote:There are a lot of transfers in northern and central Ky schools. Question is do you just want to play or do you want to compete?
I want a fair playing court or field
you guys should be happy. I mean even with all PCC cheating they still didn't get the W. That should be a moral victory.
That was a great game.
You can’t level the playing field. Some schools have hundreds of students and spends millions on their facilities and sports programs. This attracts good coaches and transfers. The large population in these counties make the difference in funding and the number of gifted athletes. Just playing is not a bad thing. It’s really good training for all participants.
DukeBoy Wrote:Over the years at Perry and Hazard it has been hard enough competing there for playing time with the local yokals. Kids from there get introduced to basketball when they are 3 years old. Bringing in out of state players without their families coming with them is kind of strange to say the least. I know of one guy that keeps about 6 of them in the same house. Some play for PCC and some for Cordia. Weird situation around Perry County.
Sounds like you are right in on it if you know that stuff
UKisN1 Wrote:I want a fair playing court or field
With all the loopholes for the schools like Lex Cath and Cov Cath there is no level playing field schools like that have no set school district can get kids from everywhere so it is kinda hypocritical to criticize schools when the KHSAA rules are just a jumbled mess