Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: OBI @ Jackson co 730
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Any predictions?
If OBI can't beat Jackson Co. They need to stop all the Hype of new players and new Coach. Just say another typical year for Oneida.
They need to stop?
You and Bigmouth started all the hype.
HCS I thought it was a free country. Say what we think an feel.
True. I thought it was ironic he was complaining about the hype.
I will take OBI by 10.
Obi won by 14
Need to get Coach Hayes out of retirement
Congrats to OBI on the win. But will also say it wasn't a 14 point game until the last 3:20 of the game left n Jackson pulled their player's. It was a dog fight from tip to finish. Obi still needs to improve on defense but besides that woods n Estep and Hall looked very very good. Great performance from them three. But I will say people was telling me in the stands that Jackson County was playing mostly sophomores and if so they will be dangerous in a couple of yrs. They could be a team nobody wants to play also come post season but I don't know the kid but #22 for Jackson County the kid can play n if he's a sophomore you better find out his name because he's going to be a baller the kid doesn't have any quit in him . Beat n bang all night . But it was a will deserve win for OBI and just got to keep competing to reach the top five. I do see some improvement since the Clay game. Seem that Obi was more calm n collected than they where against Clay.
The last I heard, Rose was out with an injury. I'm not sure how long it will be, but he's their best player. Baldwin was a starter last year and pretty solid but isn't playing, I was told, so they have to be rebuilding without those two.
Still a good win for OBI. I'm interested to see how they match up with W-burg. The Jackets are clearly the favorite in the All A at this point after beating
Barbourville and Harlan.
I don't know HC who the #22 kid is but he looks about 6 ft tall and the kid can ball. The people in the stands said Jackson was all sophomores besides a couple was juniors n they had like 2 seniors but the kids that played the majority was sophomores n one junior. Yea u are right some parent told me that the Rose kid would be back playing over Christmas break n they said he was their best player. So I'm telling you with the team I seen and the Rose kid back Jackson County could be a hard team to play on any given night. They have heart n play very hard with no quit and that's not something that you can teach in kids this day in time.
JayTiger Wrote:I don't know HC who the #22 kid is but he looks about 6 ft tall and the kid can ball. The people in the stands said Jackson was all sophomores besides a couple was juniors n they had like 2 seniors but the kids that played the majority was sophomores n one junior. Yea u are right some parent told me that the Rose kid would be back playing over Christmas break n they said he was their best player. So I'm telling you with the team I seen and the Rose kid back Jackson County could be a hard team to play on any given night. They have heart n play very hard with no quit and that's not something that you can teach in kids this day in time.

I haven't seen them yet and numbers aren't on KHSAA roster. Jude Lakes is a freshman who started late last year, I think. Clay Akemon is a junior who started last year. Not sure on the other starters without Rose or Baldwin. They still have four seniors on the roster I have. Parrett is a good coach, but I expect them to be rebuilding most of this season.
What I found interesting is that there big kid only play a quarter and there pg who averages about 15 only had one field goal. And still won by 14, got to 18 at one point. And was around 6-7 point lead the entire 2nd half.
BigMouth you missed under stood my stating I'm not taking nothing from OBI. They played very hard and put up a great fight n looked very good I said. But their defense still needs some improvement and Estep n Hall n Woods looked very very good tonight. It was a dog fight the whole game. I was also just stating that on Jackson county I didn't know who the #22 kid was but that kid is a baller. I was there n he beat n bang n gave both bigs inside all they wanted by the end of the game n for him to be look like 6 ft n playing as a big like that these coaches better get to know his name because the kid can hoop. I've got no dog in this fight but I just stat what I saw n wanted to credit both sides of the game. And yes Obi did win by 14 points and I'm not taking nothing from OBI but you know just like I know it was a 6 point game all the way through n Jackson even lead some in this game but with 3 minutes to go the game was a 6 or 8 point obi lead n Jackson pulled it's dominate player's with one fouling out. But Obi did look a alot better than they did against Clay. I quoted they looked more com n relaxed n was ready to go from the start to finish. So quit being so hard to accept the compliments that OBI does get. They will eventually be in the top 8 to 5 come January but u have to let OBI receive n earn into that position and quit thinking everyone is out to down OBI. If you will just slow down n read my quote I plainly praised OBI n stated that they looked really good so just be patient and quit taking everything offensive. Good luck to you and OBI n hope Obi can win them all.
This wasn’t put at you. I was just stating what I saw. I know you were give Oneida compliments.