Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Class 6A Championship Trinity 28 Male 6
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final
Final.

Trinitys dline was the difference, but heir QB and RB #14 , both Juniors, were darn impressive as well. Male did not look like a National my ranked team today. Congrats to the Rocks.
Congrats to Trinity. Shout out to 64SUR for his updates this weekend
That was not a beautiful game to watch.
Congratulations to Trinity on winning the 2019 6A State Championship!
Congrats Trinity
Man what a defense, Congratulations Trinity!
Congrats Trinity. Male had a good season, but hard to beat a good team twice.
Rocks doing what rocks do best. It’s crazy how good their program is.
Woodsman Wrote:Rocks doing what rocks do best. It’s crazy how good their program is.

I would say it’s expected, not crazy. I do not intend this as a knock at all, but when you have all the advantages they have and the resources they have, you should be expected to be great and win championships.
Whew, finally home after seeing the game in person and going out a bit afterwards. The first half was frustrating, but still tense and enjoyable and I loved how my Rocks just took control in the fourth quarter. The defense just shut down Male's run game, but I have to give full credit to Cummings. His athleticism and skill as a WR was tough on the Trinity secondary. Also, I didn't catch the name of Male's punter, but that guy had a great foot. Long punts with tons of air time.

Frank Martin Wrote:I would say it’s expected, not crazy. I do not intend this as a knock at all, but when you have all the advantages they have and the resources they have, you should be expected to be great and win championships.

True, between the student population, the tradition of success, and considerable alumni support Trinity should be among the top teams most years, but we certainly didn't dominate like this until Coach Beatty took the job. I don't know how he does it, but we have always have a solid team, even when we're lacking D1 talent.
Trinity looked bigger and more prepared for this game. Male couldn’t get anything going and looked all out of sorts what time I did watch this game.

Still excited about Cummings coming to UK. He needs to likely redshirt a year, but he’ll be a big time threat if he puts in the work for Stoops.
Frank Martin Wrote:I would say it’s expected, not crazy. I do not intend this as a knock at all, but when you have all the advantages they have and the resources they have, you should be expected to be great and win championships.

Advantages, like how? I mean FD University had as much advantages since it's they came on the scene 3 seasons ago.
FBfan4life Wrote:Advantages, like how? I mean FD University had as much advantages since it's they came on the scene 3 seasons ago.

Again, this wasn’t intended to be a knock on them. Schools like Trinity do have some undeniable advantages such 2574 young men enrolled, full time coach, little or no geographical restrictions on enrollment, financial resources, facilities, etc.. All of which are within the rules and fair but they are advantages. Along with these advantages come lofty expectations by the administration, staff, alumni, etc., They do not seem to accept mediocrity and shouldn’t. Most that I know associated with T don’t deny the advantages but they embrace them and expect excellence. Congratulations to them on another championship season.

FDU is a whole other topic that shouldn’t even be mentioned in the same post as Trinity. The advantages they have are mostly unearned and sketchy at best.
Frank Martin Wrote:Again, this wasn’t intended to be a knock on them. Schools like Trinity do have some undeniable advantages such 2574 young men enrolled, full time coach, little or no geographical restrictions on enrollment, financial resources, facilities, etc.. All of which are within the rules and fair but they are advantages. Along with these advantages come lofty expectations by the administration, staff, alumni, etc., They do not seem to accept mediocrity and shouldn’t. Most that I know associated with T don’t deny the advantages but they embrace them and expect excellence. Congratulations to them on another championship season.

FDU is a whole other topic that shouldn’t even be mentioned in the same post as Trinity. The advantages they have are mostly unearned and sketchy at best.

I don't deny that Trinity possesses advantages [self-made advantages, but still advantages], but I do want to mention that the population is about 1200 students, not 2500. Trinity is an all boys school so our total enrollment equals our male enrollment and makes us one of the largest when counting for sports even though the school itself is smaller than other 6A schools.
Frank Martin Wrote:Again, this wasn’t intended to be a knock on them. Schools like Trinity do have some undeniable advantages such 2574 young men enrolled, full time coach, little or no geographical restrictions on enrollment, financial resources, facilities, etc.. All of which are within the rules and fair but they are advantages. Along with these advantages come lofty expectations by the administration, staff, alumni, etc., They do not seem to accept mediocrity and shouldn’t. Most that I know associated with T don’t deny the advantages but they embrace them and expect excellence. Congratulations to them on another championship season.

OK