Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Mountain Football 2019
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Since moving to the six class system, this was only the 2nd time in time in KHSAA football history that three teams from the same basketball region have won state championships in the same season.

2018 - (7th)
Male (6A), Central (3A) & CA-L (2A).

2019 - (15th)
Pikeville (1A), Belfry (3A) & Johnson Central (4A).

Not 100% positive because of regional re-alignments in basketball, but it also looks like this is only the 2nd time three teams from the same region have won since moving to four classes in 1975.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Ke...s#Football
JustThinking Wrote:I see Mountains every time I go to Somerset. 4 State Champions from Eastern Ky.

Born and raised just outside of Pikeville, but now I work in Lexington and deliver to Somerset everyday. Tons of mountains in Pulaski, roads are curvy as hell and phone service sucks! Sounds like eastern Kentucky to me.
bball_fan Wrote:Born and raised just outside of Pikeville, but now I work in Lexington and deliver to Somerset everyday. Tons of mountains in Pulaski, roads are curvy as hell and phone service sucks! Sounds like eastern Kentucky to me.

I run residential down there once a week. Definitely reminds me of Pikeville lol
bball_fan Wrote:Born and raised just outside of Pikeville, but now I work in Lexington and deliver to Somerset everyday. Tons of mountains in Pulaski, roads are curvy as hell and phone service sucks! Sounds like eastern Kentucky to me.

That definitely qualifies them! 😂
Pages: 1 2