Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Do you think Jayden Stinson of Mayfield is a D1 recruit??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Show he put on today says hes as good as there is in Kentucky surely a D1 recruit so why arent UK and Louisville knocking his door down stupid to me to let a kid with this much talent get away.I dont want to hear UK crying about no qb talent like they have been doing in the last few years.
Stinson I think suffers from the same thing I would say about a kid here in Pulaski named Riley Hall. Good QB for the system. Good arm. But D1 qb’s have other intangibles that I didn’t see in the kid and they didn’t see in Hall. Doesn’t mean he can’t succeed just he’s gonna have to earn his way a different route. No shame in that. Kid is a great player.
CowboyDad Wrote:Stinson I think suffers from the same thing I would say about a kid here in Pulaski named Riley Hall. Good QB for the system. Good arm. But D1 qb’s have other intangibles that I didn’t see in the kid and they didn’t see in Hall. Doesn’t mean he can’t succeed just he’s gonna have to earn his way a different route. No shame in that. Kid is a great player.

What kind of intangibles? I see a kid with a great arm and instincts maybe slightly slow of foot. Decent size, not sure he's UK bound but can see Murray State, Western, Middle Tenn or so.
1. P-5, he is not. Mid-level, possibly. Low-level, he should certainly be considered.

2. Mayfield's location; western Kentucky is not in proximity to numerous D-1 programs; if one is in northern KY or in the Louisville area, then dozens of D-1 schools are in reasonable proximity; eyeballs matter.

3. D-1 football tends to follow NFL trends; at present, there are no left handed starting or back-up quarterbacks, in the NFL.

4. His arm is solid, his feet, not so much.

5. As for the "unteachable intangibles", the kid has got those in abundance.

6. Stinson is very easy to root for, so I certainly hope he gets a shot.
Jaden is 6’1? Maybe 6’2. I ask that because Riley Hall threw for over 10,000 yards and 112 touchdowns. He reminds me a ton of the Hall kid in his play. And that’s a huge compliment.

Riley went to Georgetown. That’s a good program. If Stinson isn’t getting d-1 looks, well, it’s because something in his game isn’t there.

It’s not a knock at all against him. Heck of a talent. But this intangibles that d-1 programs look for, either he’s not showcased or he may not have.

Y’all, I’ve seen some amazing talent not go D-1. Don’t judge the kids greatness in college offers.
I have no clue on judging talent. At a basketball game last night I asked the guy next to me if Zion Harmon at Marshall county is a D1 player he said he didnt think he would pan out to be much at the next level so I'll leave it to the experts not a hick like me. Personally I couldn't be prouder of Stinson. He played his ass off his whole career, and was spectacular today.
So far, in classes 1-5, Stinson, for me, has been the best pure passer I have seen. Beautiful deep ball, especially. Lanter and McNamee have been good, Sheron is big with a strong arm, but Stinson was money. He looked smallish out there, I didn’t see his listed size. When he scrambled, it was effective enough. He certainly played well enough for Mayfield to win, if his defense hadn’t inexplicably self destructed the last minute of the game.
Diogenes Wrote:So far, in classes 1-5, Stinson, for me, has been the best pure passer I have seen. Beautiful deep ball, especially. Lanter and McNamee have been good, Sheron is big with a strong arm, but Stinson was money. He looked smallish out there, I didn’t see his listed size. When he scrambled, it was effective enough. He certainly played well enough for Mayfield to win, if his defense hadn’t inexplicably self destructed the last minute of the game.

Stinson didn't miss on a pass all day. Like CowboyDad said, maybe it's the speed or size that is keeping him from getting big offers, but as far as a pure pocket passer, you'd be hard pressed to find anyone better. Hopefully his performance today earns him some extra attention.
I said this in another post earlier this year, Stinson D-1 you hide and watch where he goes. If all minds are clear, as a young man I would love to go to PLAY first at a D-1 school, however if a D-1 offered me a full ride to be a STUDENT first and carry a clipboard for the starting quarterback I would do that as well... I’m just saying
Does he have D-1 offers?
In terms of pure arm, I would put Stinson right up there with Elijah Sindelar who got a ride at Purdue. I'm not sure why more schools aren't calling, but they are missing out on a real talent.
I ask our coaches this very question and was told if he was a little bigger he would likely have some offers. He is considered to small and apparently that is a major factor
May be a thing like Tanner Morgan's deal, not too many wanted him and look at how he has played at Minnesota. I know a few who wish they had him now. Good luck and yes he can play somewhere.
six foot two 200 lbs doesnt sound small to me for a qb.I know there have been many college qbs that small.Anyway hes the best to come through Mayfield in a while and we've had some great ones.
I think he could play at an OVC level possibly. He's not that small. He actually has a good frame and stands tall in the pocket. If anything, he's a little slow afoot, but, because he has such a good feel in the pocket, he doesn't take many sacks and does a really good job keeping his eyes downfield. A lot of his success was because of that. Hard for any DB to stay engaged on receivers for that period of time. Of course, with his receiver weapons, it made things a little easier. He also throws very accurately on the move which is a trait not found very often. One thing that may be hurting his recruitment is the fact that all of Mayfield's previous QBs in the last 10-12 years had gaudy stats, as well and some may think, Stinson is a product of the system, but, the difference in him and the others is the fact that he has better arm strength and can go over the top better than the others.
Has he been to many camps?
Kracken Wrote:In terms of pure arm, I would put Stinson right up there with Elijah Sindelar who got a ride at Purdue. I'm not sure why more schools aren't calling, but they are missing out on a real talent.

I never really got to watch Sindelar play. Just looking at his stats he ran for over 400 yards as a junior though. Is he faster than Stinson? That's the only thing that I would question on him. He didn't seem especially fast or elusive yesterday. He definitely has the arm strength and accuracy. He has a good pocket presence but that is against high school speed linemen. Now if he found the right fit where a team wanted a pure pocket passer I think he'd be fine. I'm not sure if he's quick enough to run a lot if the RPOs at the D-1 BCS level that a lot of offenses use heavily now. My son started at EKU for 4 years and he definitely looks as good, if not better, than several of the FCS quarterbacks that we faced.
He is ranked 6th in all classes in passing. He will get some looks. Very few programs now have pure passers. It all RPO and QB's today tend to take more of a beating running than was typical in the past. He will have to go on a weight/strength program. He will likely grow a bit more. It really doesn't matter any more where you are located. Recruiting and data logging has become so sophisticated, colleges know about him. It's a myth that there are gold bars hiding in the weeds. If you have the size, grades and stats, you are on someone's radar somewhere. The process then comes down to competition and colleges deciding who they will extend offers to. The only real question is can he take the physical pounding that college QB's have to deal with? The other factor is he had multiple very capable receivers to help his numbers.
I don’t see why a Missouri Valley, Ohio Valley, etc caliber of a team wouldn’t take a chance on him.

He’s not a power 5 quarterback.