Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Cov. Cath best team in Ohio and D2 State Champs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Cincinnati La Salle has defeated Massillon 34-17 in the OHSAA D2 state title game, Cov Cath beat La Salle 27-7 earlier in the year, announcers said La Salle is considered the best team in Ohio regardless of class. So does that mean Cov Cath is the best team in Ohio?

Totally being facetious....maybe
I'm sure La Sallle has an excuses,valid or not, as to why Covington Catholic defeated them.
Westside Wrote:I'm sure La Sallle has an excuses,valid or not, as to why Covington Catholic defeated them.

Absolutely. Cov cath did not have to play their schedule. That’s a huuuuuuge discrepancy. I’d say LaSalle likely didn’t show the warranted respect that cch deserved. LaSalle is very good...obviously. All that said, cov cath took it to them and didn’t let up. Cov cath is legit and I don’t understand how or why people continue to focus on their third game or big rivalry game (admittedly the highlands game remains an enigma to me). I understand exactly why Cov cath looked lack luster against lex cath. Highlands not so much. The offense was anemic almost by design (can’t rationalize it) and I find that baffling. Regardless, Covington Catholic is a very good and very well coached team. If they execute to the best of their ability, I think they bring home another state championship. If they are distracted or play timid, Fredrick Douglas has the ability to eat them alive. Can’t wait for kick off.
27-7 is a statement win