Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Board Posting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Why do 1A thru 4A championship game posts have 8 - 10 pages of discussions while 5 & 6A both have less than 2 pages? Does football just mean more in smaller communities. Big schools just getting no LOVE. It reminds me of how our Lone Oak football program from 2005 till it's consolidation had twice the support of McCracken. Looks like MCHS will never get the fans back.
For one it’s the same three or four teams in the top classes year in and year out. The lower classes have dominate programs too, but there is more variety in a given year. 1a for example has had Hazard, Pikeville, Paintsville, Williamsburg, and Raceland from the east all make the finals in the last ten years.
It’s been like that since the website started. It was driven by the 15th region in the early years and still pretty much is but the site has expanded but still haven’t been able to get those folks from the big schools to come on here and discuss. Would love to have all classes across the whole state’s represented but it just doesn’t seem to get much traction on here.
How about you are on a message board where a good 80% of the posters live east of I-75?
I also think the mountains representation in the 1A-4A games factors in somewhat. 5/8 teams are mountain teams & traditionally BGR has more of a “mountain” supported deal. Couple that with what u said about smaller communities & that’s probably 80% of your answer. Then again, what do I know. Lol
It’s the same kinda with another website that’s like this. But instead of EKy it’s mostly central and northern.
Mountain Football...It Just Means More!
Hound05 Wrote:It’s the same kinda with another website that’s like this. But instead of EKy it’s mostly central and northern.

It has mods on a power trip as well, if we can’t talk trash to each other what’s the point? As they use to say on Wednesday nigh rivalry on NBCSN for hockey it’s the night you love to hate.
bucslover68 Wrote:Mountain Football...It Just Means More!

This is the new slogan for any non-mountain team that comes to the mountains. That’s hilarious
It’s like a high school lunch room. Everyone has “their table and people” and you have a few who bounce back and forth
fridaynightfights Wrote:It has mods on a power trip as well, if we can’t talk trash to each other what’s the point? As they use to say on Wednesday nigh rivalry on NBCSN for hockey it’s the night you love to hate.

Oh come on!!! WHAT power?

It's like taking kindergarteners on a picnic.

You guys can talk plenty of trash but the rules were in place LONG before the mods got here. Can you imagine a conversation between Corbin and Bell fans with no mods????

Confusednicker:
Jackson Purchase, I was a Tilghman fan for decades, finally became a Lone Oak fan now a McCracken fan go to all their games occasionally go to Tilghman are even Mayfield when McCracken is playing to far for me. The students don't seem to support the Football program at McCracken, they gave tickets to every student free as well as pizza and a $100.00 drawing during the Playoffs, It looked like maybe 200 were there in the Stang Gang section. Occasionally the Band is not there. Parents come to see Senior nights of other sports etc. then go home before the game starts. The chair seats right in the middle stay empty most nights.
You have 45,227 views on 1A-4A and 2018 views on 5A-6A. Crazy.
Well...personally I have nothing to say to most people from the Lexington loserville area! They don’t relate with us!! What would we talk about?? We know nothing of the bigger schools in that area.I like it that way it is hahah
blue55 Wrote:Jackson Purchase, I was a Tilghman fan for decades, finally became a Lone Oak fan now a McCracken fan go to all their games occasionally go to Tilghman are even Mayfield when McCracken is playing to far for me. The students don't seem to support the Football program at McCracken, they gave tickets to every student free as well as pizza and a $100.00 drawing during the Playoffs, It looked like maybe 200 were there in the Stang Gang section. Occasionally the Band is not there. Parents come to see Senior nights of other sports etc. then go home before the game starts. The chair seats right in the middle stay empty most nights.

I always felt like your student section had more support than any around.
Granny Bear Wrote:Oh come on!!! WHAT power?

You guys can talk plenty of trash but the rules were in place LONG before the mods got here. Can you imagine a conversation between Corbin and Bell fans with no mods????

Confusednicker:

The mods on here are far more liberal than other sites. There would be many suspensions or terminations of posters if they played like another site that I can think of.
fridaynightfights Wrote:It has mods on a power trip as well, if we can’t talk trash to each other what’s the point? As they use to say on Wednesday nigh rivalry on NBCSN for hockey it’s the night you love to hate.
Are you my cousin? lol
Hound05 Wrote:It’s like a high school lunch room. Everyone has “their table and people” and you have a few who bounce back and forth

I don't like cliques. I'm better than nobody, and nobody is better than me Smile

Confusednicker:

I control myself. lol
RAMDAD50 Wrote:Well...personally I have nothing to say to most people from the Lexington loserville area! They don’t relate with us!! What would we talk about?? We know nothing of the bigger schools in that area.I like it that way it is hahah

You are my kinfolk,too.
mysonis55 we do have big student participation when we play Mayfield and Tilghman as well as the other fans. I just think we need to fill our stadium at every game if we ever want to get to be a 6A power or at least get to the semi's and hopefully the finals. The team puts on a good game, the view is good and evidently the Bar-B-Q Nachos are good.
pjdoug Wrote:I control myself. lol

That’s easy to do when your the board’s biggest instigator....:welcome:
pjdoug Wrote:Are you my cousin? lol

Maybe we can discuss it over a drink sometime.

Confusednicker:

Confusednicker: I’m always cordial to the Fell Co fans I encounter on here...In all seriousness as a group of people it’s hard to beat the people of Bell Co as I’ve said before I’m very close with several of the families from there....that is until football season anyways...
single shot Wrote:Confusednicker: I’m always cordial to the Fell Co fans I encounter on here...In all seriousness as a group of people it’s hard to beat the people of Bell Co as I’ve said before I’m very close with several of the families from there....that is until football season anyways...

I personally feel like things are tame now compared to how they were in decades gone by. But that I think most of the 13th region is like family we will rip and fight with each other all day, but it’s for us to do not outsiders.
fridaynightfights Wrote:I personally feel like things are tame now compared to how they were in decades gone by. But that I think most of the 13th region is like family we will rip and fight with each other all day, but it’s for us to do not outsiders.

thats called family!!!!!
Spud6 Wrote:It’s been like that since the website started. It was driven by the 15th region in the early years and still pretty much is but the site has expanded but still haven’t been able to get those folks from the big schools to come on here and discuss. Would love to have all classes across the whole state’s represented but it just doesn’t seem to get much traction on here.

Yep...hopefully over time more fans fom other parts of KY will migrate over this way. QQ started this site as not only a free option to the other site but more importantly being able to enjoy KY high school sports talk online without having to deal with the dictatorship and all the rules that are taken so hilariously serious there.
Mtn football is just simply much better.
fridaynightfights Wrote:I personally feel like things are tame now compared to how they were in decades gone by. But that I think most of the 13th region is like family we will rip and fight with each other all day, but it’s for us to do not outsiders.

:Clap: So the next time somebody starts Corbin bashing you gonna set em straight...
single shot Wrote:That’s easy to do when your the board’s biggest instigator....:welcome:
I'm a good boy.lol
Pages: 1 2