Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Lexington Sayre to replace Jenkins in 2020
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As I was working on my "Teams Lost to History Series" I stumbled on the board notes from the KHSAA meeting on 11/19/19.

It looks like the Sayre Spartans will return to KHSAA district play starting in 2020 instead of the originally planned 2021. When Jenkins dropped out of Class A at the start of the season Sayre petitioned to take their place in 2020. How that impacts Class A districts and how they are seeded in the first round of the playoffs is supposed to be announced in January. I suspect they will end up in District 5 with Paris but what this means for playoff alignments in that class moving forward will be interesting to see.

Sayre has played a limited JV and Varsity Schedule over the past two seasons going 2-8 combined. They are lead by Head Coach, Former Marshall, and NFL QB Chad Pennington.
Nicholas County to Paintsville/Raceland/Fairview

Betsy Layne to Pikeville/Hazard/ Phelps???
That would make sense. Nicholas County was traditionally in the district Raceland district and geographically it makes sense for Betsy Layne to be in the Pikeville district.
Orange Blaze Wrote:That would make sense. Nicholas County was traditionally in the district Raceland district and geographically it makes sense for Betsy Layne to be in the Pikeville district.

So with that being, no chance it happens haha
I can’t imagine they would make teams shift districts and reschedule in the middle of a cycle.
thecoacher Wrote:I can’t imagine they would make teams shift districts and reschedule in the middle of a cycle.

From my understanding KHSAA has ordered staff to get their schedule in order and explain how it impacts seeding but have not said it will change districts
AtlPirateFan Wrote:From my understanding KHSAA has ordered staff to get their schedule in order and explain how it impacts seeding but have not said it will change districts

If it is just for 1 year, just let them play Jenkins district schedule.
thecoacher Wrote:If it is just for 1 year, just let them play Jenkins district schedule.

Is it mathematically possible to get from Lexington to Phelps?!
Helicopter will get you there
LETS GO!!! My sayre Spartans finally getting a chance to show what they are all about!!!
Chad Pennington finally gets to show that he is a good football coach just has limited numbers.
2000PHS Wrote:Nicholas County to Paintsville/Raceland/Fairview

Betsy Layne to Pikeville/Hazard/ Phelps???

As much as I would enjoy Nicholas County playing Raceland and Paintsville annually the better fit IMO would be to move Betsy Layne into the Pikeville district and place Sayre in the Raceland/ Fairview/ Paintsville district. The travel up and down 64 between Lex and Ashland nor the Mountain Parkway isn’t terrible.

Now what will happen in a couple of years when Fairview can’t field a team anymore or combines with Boyd County? Maybe KHSAA goes to 5 classes of EQUAL size and helps everyone on geography.
Good to see you guys back on the board
Good for Sayre. The only way to do this is to put them into the Pikeville, Hazard, Phelps district and then redistrict or create a 5 team district for the 2021/22 seasons. This has happened in 6A several times. The 5 seed becomes the 4 seed in the 3 team district for the playoffs.
Tigerallamerican Wrote:Good to see you guys back on the board

Love u ❤️