Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pikeville 54 Phelps 49
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Phelps came back from being down @ least 16 pts to actually take the lead but missed some free throws when they needed them.
Has anyone heard how to Hall kid is? I heard he went down toward the end of the 1st quarter with and knee injury and Pikeville was up 16-5. He didn't return. With Hall out i believe Pikeville was down their starting backcourt in Hall and Lockhart (football) and starting big man in Byers (injury) and still held on to win. I believe when Pikeville gets a full roster and healthy they will be fine.
He was walking around on it the 2nd half & walked to the locker room.
Panthers will be tough come tournament time.
What is the projected starting lineup and top guys off the bench once all the football guys are playing roundball and everyone is healthy? Admittedly I know very little about what is expected from this years squad but Ive heard they have a few very talented underclassmen. Coach Justice has done a fantastic job in his short time leading the Pikeville Basketball program, I hope he stays there for the long haul. Pikeville has usually most years had one of the top Football and Baseball programs in EKY, its been pretty cool to see that success pour over onto the hardwood the past 3 years.
PHSFAN Wrote:What is the projected starting lineup and top guys off the bench once all the football guys are playing roundball and everyone is healthy? Admittedly I know very little about what is expected from this years squad but Ive heard they have a few very talented underclassmen. Coach Justice has done a fantastic job in his short time leading the Pikeville Basketball program, I hope he stays there for the long haul. Pikeville has usually most years had one of the top Football and Baseball programs in EKY, its been pretty cool to see that success pour over onto the hardwood the past 3 years.

Once Byers(injury) and Hall are healthy and football wins state this weekend I believe this will be your starters.

L. Hall(soph)
Z. Lockhart(soph)
G. Harris(Sr)
R. Sammons(soph)
C. Byers(Sr)

Off the bench will be

Boyd-Blair (Sr)
N. Robinson (soph)- who had almost 20 I think against Phelps.
J. Flanery (Sr)
T. Walters (soph)
M. Ward(soph)

Pikeville has a big sophomore class that can compete for the next 3 years. With the right mix of upperclassman this year I think around mid January you will see this Panther team take shape and will be a contender in the Region.