Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Covington Catholic vs. Frederick Douglass (Class 5A Championship)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Game is set to kickoff at 7:30PM Saturday, Dec. 7 at Kroger Field in Lexington.

Both teams are 14-0.
Would it be possible for both teams to lose? I'm not sure who to root against. I guess I will root against the Catholic boys up north.
Cov Cath by 10
Cov Cath - 35
FD - 21
FD by 10
Interesting fact - HC’s were both teammates at Georgetown College and are great friends still to this day. Eddie and Brian are great dudes and have had a lot of success early in their careers. Tough game for many reasons.
11/30—Cov Cath shut out Bowling Green for the first time all year. Purples even scored 21 points against Trinity.
FD better jam Mayer at the line of scrimmage if they want to stop him.
This is It Frederick Douglass you all have arrived :Cheerlead Good luck cousin Jager Burton an my buddy son Walker Parks. :Cheerlead

Frederick Douglass 35
Covington Catholic 28
Tigerallamerican Wrote:Interesting fact - HC’s were both teammates at Georgetown College and are great friends still to this day. Eddie and Brian are great dudes and have had a lot of success early in their careers. Tough game for many reasons.

Very true and they both have loaded teams and will likely have as much fun in this game as the players. Great matchup.
Think CC gets them in the second half. Just think CC will be able to stop them more than FD can stop CC.

CC - 28
FD - 20
Covington Catholic he has shown twice this year they don’t always show up to play(lex Cath and Highlands). If they show up to play I think they win by 14+
sstack Wrote:Covington Catholic he has shown twice this year they don’t always show up to play(lex Cath and Highlands). If they show up to play I think they win by 14+

Lots going on in those particular games and I don’t think it serves as an indicator of “not showing up to play.” If you really look at cov caths season in totality, I think you’d understand what I’m saying.
I’m going with Cov Cath, more experience
I’m going Frederick Douglas 35-21. I can’t get over Covington Catholic being challenged to the wire by a very average Lexington Catholic, in a game Lexington blew in the last couple minutes . I think Covington Catholic has been a bit overrated all year. This isn’t the same Covington Catholic of years past.
Football Scout Wrote:I’m going Frederick Douglas 35-21. I can’t get over Covington Catholic being challenged to the wire by a very average Lexington Catholic, in a game Lexington blew in the last couple minutes . I think Covington Catholic has been a bit overrated all year. This isn’t the same Covington Catholic of years past.
I’d recommend seriously breaking down the lex cath game film and then watch the remainder of cov caths season. You might be surprised with what you’d find. This team is likely better overall than last years soooooo..... Also, they beat Cincinnati Lasalle. The same lasalle that won the gcl south and is competing for an Ohio state championship. Fun fact, lasalle subsequently beat Cincinnati elder, a team also competing for an Ohio state championship. I don’t think those results indicate that cov cath is overrated
Covington Catholic by 10

The Colonels have the most impressive win of any team in any Kentucky class - a 27-7 victory of La Salle, which will be playing for the Ohio Division II championship next week.
I am going with who ever big things pick so I won’t be picking to Thursday
Patriot1 Wrote:I am going with who ever big things pick so I won’t be picking to Thursday

I’m the only person that has voted in the polls for Frederick Douglass :Cheerlead
I will go with Cov. Cath. 28-17.
The 2 best recruiters in 5A ball!
ironfist13 Wrote:The 2 best recruiters in 5A ball!

Maybe, but I know that all players from cov cath’s football team have come from the diocese of Covington, just the same as they always have since the school began.
ironfist13 Wrote:The 2 best recruiters in 5A ball!

Winning games does the recruiting for you.
Woodsman Wrote:Maybe, but I know that all players from cov cath’s football team have come from the diocese of Covington, just the same as they always have since the school began.

It's entertaining how everyone comes out of the woodwork to jump on a school's back for allowing any and all students to attend if they want to. Any and every school in state is permitted to do the same, yet most refuse to allow it. That's on them, not on us.

CCH wins this one. It's going to be a tough game, but CCH wins. I have no idea what the score will be.
TheOracle Wrote:It's entertaining how everyone comes out of the woodwork to jump on a school's back for allowing any and all students to attend if they want to. Any and every school in state is permitted to do the same, yet most refuse to allow it. That's on them, not on us.

CCH wins this one. It's going to be a tough game, but CCH wins. I have no idea what the score will be.

I agree if the colonels stay focused and execute to their ability.....but they have to do that and I’m confident they will. This team seems driven. I agree that there is no sense in predicting a score nor does it matter.
CovCath
TheOracle Wrote:Winning games does the recruiting for you.

Not at a public school that is SUPPOSE to have boundries, not many families can just up and move because a school wins more than the other. Unless they lease an apartment close to the school-hint, hint.
I’m going to take Cov Cath by a touchdown. But I wouldn’t be surprised at all for FD to win this one.
Woodsman Wrote:Maybe, but I know that all players from cov cath’s football team have come from the diocese of Covington, just the same as they always have since the school began.

Maybe so but the kids come from 4 counties.
UK1fan Wrote:Maybe so but the kids come from 4 counties.

Please name all four? 3 yes. 4 no. That’s the way it’s always been. Since the founding of the school and most certainly within the football program. Nothing new.
Pages: 1 2