Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Jase Bruner to play at UK
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Jase Bruner has decided to play collegiate ball for the University of Kentucky as a preferred walk-on

https://www.somerset-kentucky.com/sports...19ab5.html
Thank you for posting this!

Jase is a great young man, a great student and a great athlete. I hope he does so well!
Congratulations to a fine young man and a really good football player.
Congrats to Jase
Congrats to the young man. Love seeing Ky kids stay home.
Good luck to the kid on the field and especially in the classroom!
How big is he UK is to picky with kentucky kids what do u have to get a full ride at UK from Kentucky same thing about Cade Neely from Mayfield hes going to Louisville as a prefered walk on its rediculous!!!!
barnabus_c2001 Wrote:How big is he UK is to picky with kentucky kids what do u have to get a full ride at UK from Kentucky same thing about Cade Neely from Mayfield hes going to Louisville as a prefered walk on its rediculous!!!!

Jase was a Governor's Scholar so I think he gets free tuition from any state college already. I know my son did when he played at EKU a few years back.
Congratulations Jade Bruner
Coach Stoops continues to find underrated talent and develops it. congrats to the young man. Now lets see if coach stoops and co stick around for him
Walt Longmire Wrote:Jase was a Governor's Scholar so I think he gets free tuition from any state college already. I know my son did when he played at EKU a few years back.

Unless something has changed I believe that still makes you count as a scholarship player against football numbers, sadly he may have to turn it down to stay on team. But that’s the NCAA for you.
fridaynightfights Wrote:Unless something has changed I believe that still makes you count as a scholarship player against football numbers, sadly he may have to turn it down to stay on team. But that’s the NCAA for you.

That's not how it worked with my son at EKU. He was able to accept the Governor's Scholar Scholarship that paid his tuition, room and board. He received a "book scholarship" from the football team that paid the rest. In order to accept the academic scholarship there were certain criteria that had to be met: finish in the top 10% of your graduating class, at least a 3.5 GPA, and a minimum ACT/SAT score. If you met that criteria you could accept an academic scholarship while playing football. That was in 2012 so maybe it has changed.
well deserved. He is a stud