Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Nothing like practice on Thanksgiving !!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Other than obviously winning a State Championship, I can't think of anything more rewarding for a KY high school football team than having practice on Thanksgiving.

First of all, it is an elite group, your team is one of only 4 teams in your class who get the privilege. It is a special time to be enjoyed and savored. Add in the fact that there are lots of Alumni are in town, nobody is working and everybody in town is excited about a semi-final berth, and you have all the elements of a really unique practice opportunity.

What does your team do on this special day? Are there traditions you follow or is this the first time you have had the honor?
Practice was on our game field, everyone in town could attend to show encouragement. Free hot chocolate to everyone that wanted it. First year In a long time we haven’t practiced on thanksgiving. Good luck to everyone still playing and Happy Thanksgiving.
This is Johnson Central's 6th practice on Thanksgiving day in 49 seasons of football.
I wouldn’t know. Never got to at Betsy Layne. Lol
Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote:Practice was on our game field, everyone in town could attend to show encouragement. Free hot chocolate to everyone that wanted it. First year In a long time we haven’t practiced on thanksgiving. Good luck to everyone still playing and Happy Thanksgiving.
That right there is what makes it special. Great tradition.
I think this is like Boyle's 12th. in the past 20 years. All former Rebel players are invited to attend Thanksgiving practice.
Pikeville will have a practice that is open to alumni & friends of the program. Coffee/Hot Chocolate and time to socialize in the newly renovated Football facility behind the end zone nearest US 23. Great view of the field, indoor practice facility, and the near-complete Alumni Room. When practice is finished, former players and coaches are invited to the field to take a picture with this year’s team.
They had a video going around not to long a go of PVilles new facilities. It looked nice! I wish the old heads at corbin would get back on their rocking chair and let progression happen. So much money poured into that program by donors and boosters, we could have something really nice!
I saw photos of Pvilles facilities. Nice!!!
Being about 4 1/2 hrs. away from my hometown, won't be able to watch my Panthers practice, but good Lord's will, hope to be at Kroger Field next Friday to cheer them on. Good luck to all mtn. football teams that are still in it !
Turkey Day Practice and Football in December

I am proud to say are Mayfield Cardinal traditions!!!