Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 4A Semi State #9 Louisville Central @ #1 Boyle County
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Who ya got? Score? Why?
I’ll got the Rebels, they’re better on both sides of the ball.
Boyle will win but it will be close. I'm sure the staff and players at Central are looking forward to this game and expect to win. Their D will be the best Boyle has faced all year and might be tougher than what they will face next week if they win. Just not sure Central can put enough points on the board to win. For Central to win, I think they're going to have to have 1 maybe 2 defensive scores or turnovers that lead them to starting deep in Rebel territory to set up an easy score.
I got Boyle County in this one. I see a slowed down game plan from Central, but Boyle is too strong on offense to be held for long. 42-7 Rebels with the win. Boyles offense is like a mine field ready to explode in every direction. Good luck and I wish for a injury free game for both teams. We are going to be there for the championship game Fosho.
FoSho Wrote:Who ya got? Score? Why?

With all do respect to Central, in my opinion, this game won't be close. This Boyle team has it all. I honestly see no weaknesses. I'm sure there may be a couple but its impossible to see them on film. Maybe a freshman LB jumps routes to early, I dont know.

My point is I think this Rebel team could win the championship in 5 of the 6 classes in Kentucky this year, maybe all 6 of them. This is the most complete team in the Commonwealth in 2019 and I dont see anyone beating them.

Boyle County 55
Louis. Central 17
Boyle by 20
#55PirateFan Wrote:With all do respect to Central, in my opinion, this game won't be close. This Boyle team has it all. I honestly see no weaknesses. I'm sure there may be a couple but its impossible to see them on film. Maybe a freshman LB jumps routes to early, I dont know.

My point is I think this Rebel team could win the championship in 5 of the 6 classes in Kentucky this year, maybe all 6 of them. This is the most complete team in the Commonwealth in 2019 and I dont see anyone beating them.

Boyle County 55
Louis. Central 17

That is some high praise buddy. I hope this squad can live up to it. I know they are talented and are very focused on the ultimate goal. But you gotta do it on the field and they are excited for the challenge ahead of them.
FoSho Wrote:That is some high praise buddy. I hope this squad can live up to it. I know they are talented and are very focused on the ultimate goal. But you gotta do it on the field and they are excited for the challenge ahead of them.

That's not praise Pal, that's a fact. Good luck my friend and tell the boys they have a big fan here in Eastern Kentucky.
#55PirateFan Wrote:That's not praise Pal, that's a fact. Good luck my friend and tell the boys they have a big fan here in Eastern Kentucky.

Right back at you...got a lot of respect for your program and fans.

We'll be pulling for you guys!
Don't seem them putting 50+ against Central, but don't see Central winning, either.
Boyle Co. 48 - Central 13
Since 2006, Central has had,
14th straight 3rd round playoff appearances
12 semi-final appearances
8 state championship appearances
6 state championships

Friday night they're looking for their 9th state finals appearance during that time. Those guys know how to win in the playoffs.
Boyle train continues to blow smoke on its opposition. 42-7

I will be in attendance to watch them and JC, it’ll be a matchup for the ages. Two completely different styles of play, and two of the best at what they do.
Central will have some athletes but not as many as Boyle. I see a big win for Boyle County
Boyle wins this one going away!
Boyle has only lost 1 playoff game at home in the last 23 years, and I don’t expect that to change Friday night.
Boyle County will call off the dogs in 4th quarter. :Cheerlead

Boyle County 56
Central 14
Boyle by as many as many as they want. I can not wait for the JC / Boyle game!
Jack Lambert Wrote:Boyle has only lost 1 playoff game at home in the last 23 years, and I don’t expect that to change Friday night.

Wow! That is impressive. I did not know that.
Spud6 Wrote:Boyle by as many as many as they want. I can not wait for the JC / Boyle game!

Me either buddy. I think Boyle will have the slight edge but I do believe JC will be the best team they've played all year. Could be the best championship game of the weekend if it happens.
I can assure anyone out there, Central will be able to match up athletically. Which could cause problems for Boyle co. Boyle has been able to have more athletes then there opponents. This will not be the case. This game will come down to coaching and execution. I give this edge to Boyle.

Boyle Co 35
Central. 24
VELVET CLOSER Wrote:I can assure anyone out there, Central will be able to match up athletically. Which could cause problems for Boyle co. Boyle has been able to have more athletes then there opponents. This will not be the case. This game will come down to coaching and execution. I give this edge to Boyle.

Boyle Co 35
Central. 24

Why do you think Central has more athletes than Boyle Co? To make that kind of statement you must know both teams very well.

I am intrigued.
No one is stopping Boyle. Order the rings already!
#55PirateFan Wrote:With all do respect to Central, in my opinion, this game won't be close. This Boyle team has it all. I honestly see no weaknesses. I'm sure there may be a couple but its impossible to see them on film. Maybe a freshman LB jumps routes to early, I dont know.

Boyle County 55
Louis. Central 17

Did they have some injuries last year that prevented them from winning 3A, or did they just get that much better since last year? Serious question because I don’t keep up with Boyle at all.
Redneck Wrote:Did they have some injuries last year that prevented them from winning 3A, or did they just get that much better since last year? Serious question because I don’t keep up with Boyle at all.

They've just got that much better. And yes, Reese Smith the top Mr. Football Candidate this year in my opinion, broke his hand in the game against us and wasn't the same the following week. My son hit him on a crack back block and he fell on his wrist and broke it. And I think, not sure, their RB was injured to. But I'm not sure about that.

But the most important thing I think is different this year than last, is another year of experience they have. I'm telling you man, if you can get access to any highlights of theirs this year you should really watch. Unbelievable!

Also, look at the schedule they've played this year and what they did to their opponents. They absolutely made a path of destruction of a schedule that was pretty damn tough.
Central is capable of really frustrating Boyle County with their defense. That’s why I think this one may be close until halftime, but I’m afraid Central’s offense won’t be able to help out their defense enough to keep up late.

Rebels win, 35-14.
Boyle County 42-14.
Redneck Wrote:Did they have some injuries last year that prevented them from winning 3A, or did they just get that much better since last year? Serious question because I don’t keep up with Boyle at all.

Had several starters miss games and a few had season ending injuries at different times during the year. At Corbin all that came to a head when we played a great team that was well prepared. No excuses. We got outplayed and lost. That loss seems to have put this team on a mission.

Central gave this group of seniors a bad loss in the playoffs as freshmen. Only a few played at all but I can assure you that they are healthy for the game and focused. We are just now getting everyone back healthy for the first time since game 4 (Bartleson - Notre Dame and Smith - WVU).

Keep in mind that in 2017 the sophomore class was major contributors in the title run (now seniors).
Centrals offense is SUPER vanilla. This one wont be close. Boyle in a blowout.
Pages: 1 2 3