Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 3rd Round Games provided little drama
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
That I can find, only a couple of interesting games that even took place tonight. Not sure I love this format and hope something gets reworked or fine tuned. A lot of hopeless opponents out there tonight, with only about 2 games that looked good on paper and turned out to be good on the field.

We decided to stay close and head to Boyle, knowing what was going to happen but figured, hey it's Friday we might as well watch someone...It was as bad, maybe worse than we figured. The damp turf did not slow down the Rebels. If we had went to JC vs Wayne, more competitive and much better matchup, but still, not a close game and no hope after they lost their QB (so glad we didn't drive the 3 hours for that). PT vs Taylor was a good competitive game, especially through 3 quarters, but a 4 hour drive for that...nah. There just weren't that many games to get excited about. I feel in a 3rd round, there should have been...
Only three games out of 24 were less than two touchdowns. This is how the old system regions championships faired as far as “close scores” (less than 2 td’s)

2018 - 11 games
2017 - 5 games
2016 - 8 games
2015 - 12 games

I would hope the system is changed next year so the regional games would be more competitive rather than knocking out better teams early in district playoffs.
Rip/Spin Wrote:Only three games out of 24 were less than two touchdowns. This is how the old system regions championships faired as far as “close scores” (less than 2 td’s)

2018 - 11 games
2017 - 5 games
2016 - 8 games
2015 - 12 games

I would hope the system is changed next year so the regional games would be more competitive rather than knocking out better teams early in district playoffs.

Dude that is some good research! Interesting stuff and proves the old way was much better, at least for home teams gate, and for guys who just like to travel and watch playoff games. I hope they change it as well, somehow.
If you want some drama, I could probably start some😂
Hound05 Wrote:If you want some drama, I could probably start some😂

Lol! I've got to hit the hay but if you do I will definitely check it out in the morning.
KHSAA showing their wisdom and continuing to kill football.
Bell with a running clock, Johnson Central with a running clock, Pikeville with a running clock, Belfry with a running clock and I'm sure there were more. There were only a couple of games that were really competitive that I was following.
I started this in another thread before I saw this. If y’all want to combine it, that’s fine. But we only had 6 games out of the 24 played last night that were decent games.
Granny Bear Wrote:Bell with a running clock, Johnson Central with a running clock, Pikeville with a running clock, Belfry with a running clock and I'm sure there were more. There were only a couple of games that were really competitive that I was following.
We need you on the committee or folks like you with your knowledge and get this all sorted out where we get the best games, and the playoff progresses as it should. I think this system does allow the 2 best teams to match up in the final, but it has some bad flaws before that.
mysonis55 Wrote:I started this in another thread before I saw this. If y’all want to combine it, that’s fine. But we only had 6 games out of the 24 played last night that were decent games.

No worries, yeah probably good to combine it. But we have the same thoughts, I think most of us in here do.
The flaw is repeating the district games in the first 2 rounds. We get too many of the wrong teams eliminated too fast.
Granny Bear Wrote:Bell with a running clock, Johnson Central with a running clock, Pikeville with a running clock, Belfry with a running clock and I'm sure there were more. There were only a couple of games that were really competitive that I was following.

Somerset had a running clock as well..
Breathitt co had a running clock as well
Somerset and Lexington Christian shouldn't have played, IMO, until last night, or maybe even next week. I'm sure the Bunnies are glad to have gotten that out of the way with the win, but still, a week or two later is when that game needed to happen. One of the best games I've saw this year.