Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Louisville Holy Cross 21 Newport Catholic 16
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Holy Cross advances......
Looks like HC makes the trip East to Hambley complex. They've been there before and got beat back somewhere around twelve, thirteen years ago. No doubt that left a bad taste in their mouths.
Big upset.
Pikeville
Congratulations
Paintsville needs to thank HC otherwise they would of been going to Pikeville!!!
bac2369 Wrote:Paintsville needs to thank HC otherwise they would of been going to Pikeville!!!

Does it matter? Probably still gonna play them in 2 weeks.
Congrats Holy Cross
^Truth bac
Redneck Wrote:Does it matter? Probably still gonna play them in 2 weeks.

Yes it does! Lose next week u go home. Win next week and you’ve had a successful season and ur goal to make it to state.
Congrats to Holy Cross
Congratulations to Paintsville, 2000PHS you get another cupcake next week. Williamsburg took you guys to the last snap and they are a very good team definitely not a cupcake. Williamsburg has nothing to be ashamed of they had a successful season. I know it didn’t end like they wanted it to but I have nothing but respect for these young men.
bac2369 Wrote:Yes it does! Lose next week u go home. Win next week and you’ve had a successful season and ur goal to make it to state.

Looks like the RPI played out. The final top 4 made the Semi’s. Maybe Holy Cross should be thanking themselves for making the semi’s instead of Paintsville thanking them.
PHS DYNASTY Wrote:Looks like HC makes the trip East to Hambley complex. They've been there before and got beat back somewhere around twelve, thirteen years ago. No doubt that left a bad taste in their mouths.

2007 Pike County Bowl. My Brothers Sophomore Year and first Varsity Start @ Guard. Pikeville won 22-12
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:2007 Pike County Bowl. My Brothers Sophomore Year and first Varsity Start @ Guard. Pikeville won 22-12

Yep. I remember when your brother played HP. That was one of the Panthers better years.
Congrats HC
How are Holy Cross and KCD not in the same district?
E's Army Wrote:How are Holy Cross and KCD not in the same district?
Northeast 'ville is a world away from southwest 'ville.
:truestory:
I really expected NCC to be around on Thanksgiving Weekend!
AngryMob Wrote:I really expected NCC to be around on Thanksgiving Weekend!

I'd call this a mild upset. New Cath is going to dominate the same district that Beechwood used to own. They'll be back.
nemo Wrote:Northeast 'ville is a world away from southwest 'ville.
:truestory:

They sure are Nemo. How far away was it? I know it was a world away. Oh I remember it was 1 point away.

I know, I know, different team now then. The Northeast ville has just stayed the same all season long. I get it. 😊
Blue_Bird96 Wrote:They sure are Nemo. How far away was it? I know it was a world away. Oh I remember it was 1 point away.

I know, I know, different team now then. The Northeast ville has just stayed the same all season long. I get it. 😊

Blue-Bird, he is not talking about Paintsville and Pikeville, he was answering the question about KCD and Louisville Holly Cross not being in the same district I think.
mysonis55 Wrote:Big upset.

Not really, NKY football is bad.
Patriot1 Wrote:Blue-Bird, he is not talking about Paintsville and Pikeville, he was answering the question about KCD and Louisville Holly Cross not being in the same district I think.

Gotcha. My bad Nemo, I didn’t not make that connection. I myself would also like to know that. It can’t be just because one program is traditionally stronger because we see that all over the state.
Blue_Bird96 Wrote:Gotcha. My bad Nemo, I didn’t not make that connection. I myself would also like to know that. It can’t be just because one program is traditionally stronger because we see that all over the state.
No worries! :thanks:

Short version:
Teams moving up/down (Beechwood, New Cath and Betsy Layne).
Fulton City dropping out of district play in this alignment.
South Floyd consolidated into Floyd Central.
Class 1A went from 33 teams to 32.

Dominoes fell:
Holy Cross was the team furthest west in the old District 3 and went into District 2.
Poor Berea got sucked into District 3 from District 5.