Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Johnson Central 36 Wayne Co. 7
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Final from Johnsonville.….
Congratulations!!! Eagles flying high!!
Radio said Sloan was responsible for 200 of the 209 yards Wayne county had
Congratulations to Johnson Central. Good luck next week.
Congratulations to Johnson Central!
Congrats Johnson Central.

Cardinals needed a lot to go right and the wrong started 1st offensive play.

Great season, Cards.

Good luck Eagles.
Prayers for Weaver, CardFan!

Let us know how he's doing.
Sloan had 30 carries for 101 yards and a touchdown.
QB for Wayne is a really good player. I hate to hear that. Sloan is the real deal, I mean he was regardless. But Johnson Central is "probably", at LEAST the 2nd best team in 4A, which might make them a top 5 to 7 team in the state of Kentucky. JC keeps putting out great teams. This coach and staff have to be considered one of the best in state.
Hated to see WC lose their QB on their first offensive play of the game. Sloan is very good. Not sure why they didn’t throw more with him because he threw it pretty well. He kept a lot of drives alive for the Cards as well and kept the JC offense sidelined.

Johnson Central was very impressive. They didn’t have to show a lot of their playbook and they had a few highlight reel touchdowns.

Wayne County has a dandy in Sloan and there’s no reason why he couldn’t play D1 football. So I’d expect him to blow up between now and next fall.
hoghead08 Wrote:Sloan had 30 carries for 101 yards and a touchdown.

Against Johnson Central, that's pretty impressive individual stats, especially when they know where the ball is going..
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Hated to see WC lose their QB on their first offensive play of the game. Sloan is very good. Not sure why they didn’t throw more with him because he threw it pretty well. He kept a lot of drives alive for the Cards as well and kept the JC offense sidelined.

Johnson Central was very impressive. They didn’t have to show a lot of their playbook and they had a few highlight reel touchdowns.

Wayne County has a dandy in Sloan and there’s no reason why he couldn’t play D1 football. So I’d expect him to blow up between now and next fall.

Any clue whatsoever what JC has for Boyle? I mean do you think they have a possibility to beat Boyle? We went to Boyle and watched a half of football tonight. I mean I knew what they were but figured I'd be bored sitting home so we went out just to see a team I've never watched (the Scott team). They actually had some nice bodies on that team. Boyle just too much team speed. Boyle's backups are as fast as a average-good team's starters are. But we know all that. The X factor is, Johnson Central's physicality, to me. Boyle I know can play physical, and are tough... I just wonder what this final will be like, if both teams are there.
Congratulations to Johnson Central and hope the young man from Wayne County is alright
I was very impressed with Sloan. This young man is extremely talented. And...he was very accurate with his passes.
#21 was the best player on the field tonight the only problem is he was wearing black and gold! If you don’t believe that watch the film!
Preston was getting it done on both sides of the ball. Sloan is as good as advertised. Just hard to dominate JC at running the ball.
Old guy Wrote:Preston was getting it done on both sides of the ball. Sloan is as good as advertised. Just hard to dominate JC at running the ball.
I watched the PReston kids highlight, he's just a great all around player. Nice quickness, super physical as a corner on defense. Looks like a linebacker playing corner.
smoke1015 Wrote:Any clue whatsoever what JC has for Boyle? I mean do you think they have a possibility to beat Boyle? We went to Boyle and watched a half of football tonight. I mean I knew what they were but figured I'd be bored sitting home so we went out just to see a team I've never watched (the Scott team). They actually had some nice bodies on that team. Boyle just too much team speed. Boyle's backups are as fast as a average-good team's starters are. But we know all that. The X factor is, Johnson Central's physicality, to me. Boyle I know can play physical, and are tough... I just wonder what this final will be like, if both teams are there.

JC has the personnel to match up with Boyle County. Both teams have speed, but I do believe JC is more physical than Boyle. If they meet up at Kroger Field then it’s coming down to coaching, my best opinion.
Ballbuster Wrote:#21 was the best player on the field tonight the only problem is he was wearing black and gold! If you don’t believe that watch the film!

I hope someone has video of the third quarter touchdown run. That was wild.
Ballbuster Wrote:#21 was the best player on the field tonight the only problem is he was wearing black and gold! If you don’t believe that watch the film!

To be fair to the other #21 he was having to play quarterback on the road, with no preparation, against the #1 or #2 team in 4A. Kind of hard to make a fair read on how good he is under those circumstances.

Prayers for Weaver.

Congratulations Johnson Central and keep it going. I'm rooting for y'all the rest of the way.
Congrats to Eagles. Hope Weaver is fine. Congrats to Sloan on s great year. Look forward to him lighting up the scoreboard next year.
smoke1015 Wrote:Any clue whatsoever what JC has for Boyle? I mean do you think they have a possibility to beat Boyle? We went to Boyle and watched a half of football tonight. I mean I knew what they were but figured I'd be bored sitting home so we went out just to see a team I've never watched (the Scott team). They actually had some nice bodies on that team. Boyle just too much team speed. Boyle's backups are as fast as a average-good team's starters are. But we know all that. The X factor is, Johnson Central's physicality, to me. Boyle I know can play physical, and are tough... I just wonder what this final will be like, if both teams are there.
Physicality is one the keys to beating Boyle county.
Just seen the the play on WYMT he did not get in!!!!!
Last year Belfry played Boyle as well anyone. Belfry’s style and physicality keep them in the game and gave Boyle some fits. Ultimately turnovers and Boyle’s speed won out.
I know Boyle Co is much more improved, but JC plays the kind of ball that is hard to practice against and they are very strong and physical. I really think JC could pull off the upset against Boyle
Congratulations Johnson Central :Cheerlead
BlackcatAlum Wrote:I hope someone has video of the third quarter touchdown run. That was wild.
He took on a massive hit at the start of the run, and then dominated into the endzone!! My favorite run of the year!! And...there have been plenty to choose from!!!
Hound05 Wrote:Physicality is one the keys to beating Boyle county.

100% I think. But they are so athletic at every position, I just wonder can JC get their hands on them to lay in that physicality. I suspect JC is athletic enough to do so. But then Boyle seems to be able to play pretty physical themselves, when the need arises. This is shaping up to be an epic championship game.

BlackcatAlum Wrote:JC has the personnel to match up with Boyle County. Both teams have speed, but I do believe JC is more physical than Boyle. If they meet up at Kroger Field then it’s coming down to coaching, my best opinion.

The key I think is JC's physicality. Ball control, chewing clock, keeping Boyle Offense off the field as much as possible. I also think JC may be more physical. They better be. I know they have speed also but I don't think you can compare theirs to BC. I think the teams play different styles of ball and both are well coached. The team that puts the ball on the ground is the team that will lose. Boyle has to find a way to disrupt that run game and get some stops. JC's oline scares me to death. My fear is 4 or 5 yards a carry and JC burning a whole qtr by driving the length of the field. BC will have to commit some extra people to stop the run and that leaves the secondary to fend for themselves. Good thing that this is as good of a secondary that Boyle has had. JC has to find a way to slow down a formidable passing attack. I think it has the chance to be a very good game. Given that they both win next week. Which I believe they both will do.
VELVET CLOSER Wrote:Last year Belfry played Boyle as well anyone. Belfry’s style and physicality keep them in the game and gave Boyle some fits. Ultimately turnovers and Boyle’s speed won out.
I know Boyle Co is much more improved, but JC plays the kind of ball that is hard to practice against and they are very strong and physical. I really think JC could pull off the upset against Boyle
I would have to disagree “as well as anyone”.
Wayne Co maybe the worse defensive team playing this late in the season.
Pages: 1 2