Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pikeville 54 Nicholas Co. 14
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final
Panthers take care of buisness! Region title #24 in School History!!! HAIL PIKEVILLE!!!
Congratulations to Pikeville on the Regional Title
Congrats Panthers ! Keep it rolling right on into Lexington !!
Congratulations to the Panthers, another step to where you guys want to get,too.
Who is next
Looks like Louisville Holy Cross is next for Pikeville
BlueSky Wrote:Who is next

Have to see what happens in Paintsville first.
T
Winner of Williamsburg-Paintsville goes to KCD I believe and Pikeville will host Louisville Holy Cross.
Spud6 Wrote:Have to see what happens in Paintsville first.

No we don't
Another great win for the Panthers as these young men are on a mission ! Congrats !!
PHSFAN Wrote:Winner of Williamsburg-Paintsville goes to KCD I believe and Pikeville will host Louisville Holy Cross.

I believe you are correct on this. Pikeville is #2 in the RPI while Lou. Holy Cross is #3.
Congrats to Panthers
Pikeville’s pass attack was not great tonight. The passes were all low and receivers were sliding on the ground to make the catches without any chance to get YAC yards. That was about the only thing that wasn’t clicking for Pikeville.
Can’t wait to see them play next Friday! Gonna be a great game to attend!
Panthers keep on keeping on! Congrats.
Region title #24 and 13-0 is a big accomplishment. Congrats Panthers!! Just wondering when was the last time Pikeville was 13-0. Good chance to go 15-0 and state champs. That would be another good question.
PHS DYNASTY Wrote:Region title #24 and 13-0 is a big accomplishment. Congrats Panthers!! Just wondering when was the last time Pikeville was 13-0. Good chance to go 15-0 and state champs. That would be another good question.

Last Panther team 13-0 going into the semis was 1991. Beat Harrodsburg before losing to Beechwood in the finals to finish 14-1.

Before that, there were two undefeated championship teams under HoF coach Hillard Howard. 1987 (14-0) and 1988 (15-0), led by the great RB Bobby Deramus. In 1989, Pikeville stretched their win streak to 33 games (at the time, said to be the second longest in Kentucky history). Lost a mid-season game to Belfry, then ran off ten straight, finished 14-1 and become the first team to win three straight titles. 43-1 over those years.

The ’79 runner-up team finished 12-2. The ’72 runner-up team finished 10-2-1 (includes the 22-22 point of penetration “tie” in OT versus Lynch that got them into the semis).

That’s as far as my way-back machine goes. Great to see the Panthers rounding into championship form. Good luck the rest of the way.
(Pikeville is 12-0)

Smile
Panther Thunder Wrote:(Pikeville is 12-0)

Smile

Welp ... to go with the egg on my face, I need some hash browns - scattered smothered and covered. Thanks for the correction. :biggrin:
[YOUTUBE="2019 Region Championship"]kbHR1ZIAcDk[/YOUTUBE]
PHS DYNASTY Wrote:Region title #24 and 13-0 is a big accomplishment. Congrats Panthers!! Just wondering when was the last time Pikeville was 13-0. Good chance to go 15-0 and state champs. That would be another good question.

Whoops ! My bad 12-0.

Pikeville with 24 Regional titles and currently do they have 3 or 4 State Football Titles?