Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 4 Seeds are not the problem with playoffs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I think tonight proved that don't you?
The problem is format of the playoffs. Playing within the district the first two rounds is not the answer. It knocks out many of the top teams too early thus watering down the third round. The logical solution would be seed all the teams at beginning of the playoffs. IMO it makes the playoffs better, and your team is not playing the same opponents every year.
Jarons Wrote:The problem is format of the playoffs. Playing within the district the first two rounds is not the answer. It knocks out many of the top teams too early thus watering down the third round. The logical solution would be seed all the teams at beginning of the playoffs. IMO it makes the playoffs better, and your team is not playing the same opponents every year.

Or at minimum seed the teams in an E and W side of bracket. You can still do a reseed at the final four if you want for semis.
plantmanky Wrote:Or at minimum seed the teams in an E and W side of bracket. You can still do a reseed at the final four if you want for semis.

Seeding east and west is what I meant, clearly I didn't put that in my comment. Where I live, east and west has 12 in 1A and 1AA, 4A and 4AA in each region and 16 in 2A and 2AA, 3A and 3AA in each region. Most of the first round involving top 5 seeds are blowouts, but games with beginning with 6th seed are usually competitive. The regional championship game is the state semifinals.