Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: McLean County @ Somerset (Updates)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
McLean goes 3 and out on their first possession.

Somerset gets a 43 yard touchdown pass from Sheron to Grundy on their opening possession, 7-0 Somerset 9:23 to go 1st quarter.
McLean picks up a first down but fumbles on the next play, reduced by Somerset.

Sheron hits Gilmore for a 43 yard pass on 1st down.
Cam Austin takes in from 9 yards, extra point snap is muffed. 13-0 Briar Jumpers 6:52 1st quarter.
Go Bunnies!!!!!
Somerset recovers another Cougar fumble. Cam Austin runs it in from 19 yards out extra point is good, 20-0 Somerset 1:35 to go in the 1st quarter.
Somerset turned it over on a fumble and McLean was able to drive it down to about the Somerset 30 before turning it over on downs. The Jumpers took out right down the field and Austin finished it off with a 14 yard run for his 3rd touchdown of the half. Try for 2 was no good, 26-0 Somerset 2:57 to go in the 2nd quarter.
McLean County turns it over on downs. Sheron hits Grundy for a 39 yard touchdown on the next play. Jerrod Smith with the 2 point conversion, 34-0 Jumpers 1:49 to go in the 1st half.
McLean County goes 3 and out. Somerset takes over at their own 49. Sheron dumps the ball off to Grundy who runs by and through the entire Cougars defense. The extra point was good, 41-0 Somerset at halftime.

The clock will run the whole 2nd half. I'll post the final but I think the varsity is done in this one.
This is why inner-district play has to go away for 1st 2 rounds. Punishes the strong districts. McLean has no reason being in the regional finals - sorry, but it’s a fact. Bunnies will roll to Kroger Field. Bunnies already played their toughest opponent in the playoffs. Best of luck we r pulling for ya.
Tigerallamerican Wrote:This is why inner-district play has to go away for 1st 2 rounds. Punishes the strong districts. McLean has no reason being in the regional finals - sorry, but it’s a fact. Bunnies will roll to Kroger Field. Bunnies already played their toughest opponent in the playoffs. Best of luck we r pulling for ya.

I would argue half the teams playing tonight dont belong playing tonight. Just look at the scores.
I’m sure someone will post the number of running clocks. Blowouts from East to West. Not taking anything away from the better teams by any means - but playoffs are supposed to be harder the further you go.