Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Field condition?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Why would a quarterfinal game be played on a field like this? Maybe this is a really old picture but from what I’m hearing it is not. So with the rain last night I can only imagine how bad the conditions are.

Why does Ky not do neutral sites past the second round with the new RPI system?
Sportsdadof2 Wrote:Why would a quarterfinal game be played on a field like this? Maybe this is a really old picture but from what I’m hearing it is not. So with the rain last night I can only imagine how bad the conditions are.

Beechwood played there in 2015 after a week of rain. It will be a quagmire, and the lighting is awful as well.
Sportsdadof2 Wrote:Why would a quarterfinal game be played on a field like this? Maybe this is a really old picture but from what I’m hearing it is not. So with the rain last night I can only imagine how bad the conditions are.

That would defeat the purpose of the RPI system. Higher ranked team gets a HOME game out of the deal. Pays to play (and win) tough games.
Playing for Breathitt and watching them for years we played on several fields that were no better than that. Lawrence County 1997 comes to mind. Only way to slow down that run n gun offense was 3 feet of mud on a week where there was no rain. Funny how that seems to happen
Is that KCD?
Redneck Wrote:Is that KCD?

No Holy Cross of Louisville field.
jumpshooter Wrote:[/B]

That would defeat the purpose of the RPI system. Higher ranked team gets a HOME game out of the deal. Pays to play (and win) tough games.

I hear ya just seems like would have better options 🤷🏼*♂️. It is what is and playing on muddy fields is how it was done back in the day before all the new fancy stuff took over 😉

Current Google Earth on "Louisville Holy Cross" shows the field in better condition, but who knows. Back when Holy Cross was all male 4A Bishop David and the roster was three times the current one, it was much worse. Just goes to show not all private schools have top notch facilities.

For another thread maybe Sportsdadof2, but how is Wayne Carlisle's pet project "up on the hill" shaping up?
I really don’t think there is enough turf fields in eastern Kentucky to even consider neutral sites ....the only turf field close in my area is JC! It’s part of the game....let’s get muddy and have some fun!
jumpshooter Wrote:[/B]

“ Not so fast” -bell county head coach.
Wouldnt the turf in Martin Co be a shorter drive than JC for you RamDad? Just a little further you have a bunch of turf in Floyd Co and several in Pike Co. Plenty of turf for neutral sites. State semis could be stacked up at a neutral site on a Saturday and create a great atmosphere.
nemo Wrote:Current Google Earth on "Louisville Holy Cross" shows the field in better condition, but who knows. Back when Holy Cross was all male 4A Bishop David and the roster was three times the current one, it was much worse. Just goes to show not all private schools have top notch facilities.

For another thread maybe Sportsdadof2, but how is Wayne Carlisle's pet project "up on the hill" shaping up?

From what I hear it’s moving forward. Plans are done and things are proceeding
RAMDAD50 Wrote:I really don’t think there is enough turf fields in eastern Kentucky to even consider neutral sites ....the only turf field close in my area is JC! It’s part of the game....let’s get muddy and have some fun!

There are plenty of fields in eastern KY that are turf. Only 5 fields out of 14 fields in the 15th region that are not turf. Paintsville, Lawrence, Phelps, east ridge, and pike central still have grass.