Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: West Carter @ Beechwood 11/22
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The Comets head to Fort Mitchell for their 1st quarterfinal appearance in school history. West Carter defeated Shelby Valley to win District 8 with a final score of 50-12 despite ending the first quarter behind 12-0. Beechwood defeated Newport 38-19 to win District 6. Thoughts and Predictions?
I take beechwood by 14. They know how to play in the big games and home field
Beechwood by 14. They have been there before
West with the upset
I think West Carter is good enough to beat Beechwood and I really wouldn’t be surprised if it happened. But with that I feel the teams are pretty evenly matched but Beechwood just have been here so many times and Coaches At Beechwood are some best in the business at winning close games. The only way West Carter can win this game is the Defense is gonna have to win the turnover battle by +2 or +3 . West Carter is more capable of doing this, and this only way they win. Also West Carter offense has to capitalize if Defense can get some turnovers.
I really would like to see West Carter pick up the Win because this would be a big step in building a successful program for future. Nothing against Beechwood they will be in Regional Finals next year and the year after that. Although I would like see West Carter get the Big W, I just think Beechwood gets the nod at end. It will be close game though. I hope WC can prove me wrong!!!

West Carter-21
Beechwood-27
Statebound19 Wrote:I think West Carter is good enough to beat Beechwood and I really wouldn’t be surprised if it happened. But with that I feel the teams are pretty evenly matched but Beechwood just have been here so many times and Coaches At Beechwood are some best in the business at winning close games. The only way West Carter can win this game is the Defense is gonna have to win the turnover battle by +2 or +3 . West Carter is more capable of doing this, and this only way they win. Also West Carter offense has to capitalize if Defense can get some turnovers.
I really would like to see West Carter pick up the Win because this would be a big step in building a successful program for future. Nothing against Beechwood they will be in Regional Finals next year and the year after that. Although I would like see West Carter get the Big W, I just think Beechwood gets the nod at end. It will be close game though. I hope WC can prove me wrong!!!

West Carter-21
Beechwood-27

I agree 100% on what you said on the turnover battle. Comets won’t have any shot to pull the upset without winning that. If the Comets force any turnovers then they must be turned into points.
Beechwood 35 to 14
Beechwood is way down this year...if this was a normal Beechwood team they would put 50 on West Carter! I’m thinking the score will be around the 42-14 range! West has had a incredible year and those young men will remember this season for years and years to come! Great job out in Carter County this year guys you should be very proud of this team!
Beechwood by 3+ scores. Hope West proves me wrong.
I hope West Carter wins, but I'll take the team that's been there before and has extensive post season experience.

Beechwood by 14 or less.
West can win and I like there chances to pull the upset if they don’t fall behind early and get overwhelmed by the moment. 28-27 West Carter
I am picking the Comets in the upset!!

I imagine beechwood is like most of the people on this site and knows WC isn’t historically one of the elite programs. It will be hard to not overlook them.

WC 34
BW-21
TongueirateSho Upset Alert TongueirateSho

West Carter 28
Beechwood 21

Beechwood is down size wise small team....I know beechwood beat Corbin :HitWall:
Beechwood wins with running clock.
MountainBall44 Wrote:Beechwood wins with running clock.
I don’t see in no way running clock!!! West Carter Defense is really good. I maybe wrong but I have good feeling if West Carter can score early and hang around in the 4th quarter they can win this game.
W Carter’s district is terrible. Barely a team with a pulse. Not very hard to have a gaudy record with there schedule. Beechwood is down this year compared to there standards, but, should still take this one at home, by 3 or more TDS..
Statebound19 Wrote:I don’t see in no way running clock!!! West Carter Defense is really good. I maybe wrong but I have good feeling if West Carter can score early and hang around in the 4th quarter they can win this game.

They’ll get smoked. But we’ll see Friday
Beechwood 28 West Carter 7.
Really have a hunch this game is not getting near the attention it should.

That said, Beechwood SHOULD win at home, but I think West Carter won’t just roll over for them. Beechwood is always tough, but definitely down from prior years.
KYHSFBFan Wrote:W Carter’s district is terrible. Barely a team with a pulse. Not very hard to have a gaudy record with there schedule. Beechwood is down this year compared to there standards, but, should still take this one at home, by 3 or more TDS..

You can’t help who is in your district but West Carter easily has the 2nd toughest district in the east and probably the 4th toughest in 2A...
Beechies win and earn reward of trip to the wild, wild west
Advantage West with all the rain moving in Friday night bad field conditions will make it seem like a home game for them.
Runrunrun Wrote:Advantage West with all the rain moving in Friday night bad field conditions will make it seem like a home game for them.

The rain is suppose to move out in the afternoon, and Beechwood plays on turf, so field conditions should be a non issue.
[quote=WestCarterComet]You can’t help who is in your district but West Carter easily has the 2nd toughest district in the east and probably the 4th toughest in 2A...[/QUOTE

I disagree. Outside of possibly D3, there District is next worse. You’re right, it doesn’t matter though, but, they’ve not played a very good non district schedule either and when they did, they didn’t fare very well ..
KYHSFBFan Wrote:[quote=WestCarterComet]You can’t help who is in your district but West Carter easily has the 2nd toughest district in the east and probably the 4th toughest in 2A...[/QUOTE

I disagree. Outside of possibly D3, there District is next worse. You’re right, it doesn’t matter though, but, they’ve not played a very good non district schedule either and when they did, they didn’t fare very well ..

Interesting seeing as how 3 seed Martin County in district 8 beat 2 seed Middlesboro in district 7 22-19 at Middlesboro. And District 8 6 seed East Ridge beat District 7 4 seed Knott County Central at KCC 30-15. District 5 isn’t very good either with the exception of Walton-Verona. Gallatin County is 1-9 and Shawnee is 0-10... District 6 is the only district tougher than District 8 in the east.
WestCarterComet Wrote:[quote=KYHSFBFan]

Interesting seeing as how 3 seed Martin County in district 8 beat 2 seed Middlesboro in district 7 22-19 at Middlesboro. And District 8 6 seed East Ridge beat District 7 4 seed Knott County Central at KCC 30-15. District 5 isn’t very good either with the exception of Walton-Verona. Gallatin County is 1-9 and Shawnee is 0-10... District 6 is the only district tougher than District 8 in the east.

I am not in the fight at all but using Knott central football in anyway is a joking I think they would find a way to lose on a bye week
Big_blue Wrote:[quote=WestCarterComet]

I am not in the fight at all but using Knott central football in anyway is a joking I think they would find a way to lose on a bye week

Yes because East Ridge football is the premier program in kentucky…
Like I said I am not in that fight I was just saying knott central is horrible and I don’t know anything about east ridge but I take it they are not anything either.
Big_blue Wrote:Like I said I am not in that fight I was just saying knott central is horrible and I don’t know anything about east ridge but I take it they are not anything either.

East Ridge has 8 wins in the last 3 seasons. KCC has 9. I was just using the East Ridge KCC game as proof district 8 is a tougher district than district 7.
Yea I get what you are saying Breathitt and Leslie normally fields some good teams and I think Middleboro is on the right track but the lower tier teams don’t seem to but up much of a fight
Pages: 1 2