Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Running clock predictions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Much has been made about my predictions of running clock games for Mayfield. I am going to do a series here year by year from 2009 to help you all understand that I’m not just spewing off. These are the facts.
2009 playoffs
Round 1. 70-0
Round 2. 48-0
Round 4. 38-0. Against a 9-4 team

Now that’s 3 of the 5 playoff games ending in what could be a running clock game nowadays.

Round 1. 63-14
Round 2. 56-7
Round 3. 56-14. Against a 11-1 team
Round 4. 38-14. Against a 10-3 team
Round 5. 47-6. Against a 14-0 team

That’s 5 games that nowadays could have either been a running clock or dang close.

Round 1. 65-8
Round 2. 53-7
Round 3. 44-0

That’s 3 of the 5 playoff games that would have been a running clock nowadays.

Round 1. 56-6
Round 2. 38-14
Round 3. 35-14. Against a 11-1 team
Round 4. 35-14. Against a 9-4 team
Round 5. 55-8. Against a 14-0 team

That’s all 5 playoff games that could have or would have been a running clock nowadays.

Round 1. 57-14
Round 2. 35-0. Against a 6-5 team
Round 4. 35-7. Against a 11-2 team
Round 5. 42-0. Against a 11-2 team

That’s 4 of 5 playoff games that could have or would have been running clocks nowadays.

Round 1. 63-24
Round 2. 48-0. Against a 7-4 team
Round 3. 42-14. Against a 9-3 team

That’s 3 of 5 games that would have been running clocks nowadays.

Round 1. 41-7
Round 2. 50-0

That’s 2 of 5 games that would have been running clocks nowadays

Round 1. 55-7
Round 2. 49-6. Against a 8-3 team

That’s 2 of 5 games that would have been a running clock nowadays

Round 1. 55-0
Round 2. 52-16. Against a 7-4 team
Round 3. 40-7. Against a 8-4 team

That’s 3 of 5 games that would have been a running clock nowadays

Round 1. 56-28
Round 2. 55-20. Against a 8-3 team
Round 3. 57-13. Against a 8-4 team
Round 4. 38-7. Against a 11-2 team

That’s 4 out 5 games that would have been a running clock nowadays
As you can see that is 35 out of 50 playoff games since 2099 in which it would have been a running clock or dang close to it. Not to mention, I have stated since day 1 this team will rival the 2010 team in offense, which the stats are showing to this point. So even with a defense that isn’t as tough as some past years, it is very hard for teams to keep up.

So, if my predictions offend you, so be it. I have more than good reason for stating what I have. I stand by my prediction that the next 2 games will most likely be running clock games.
Sorry 2099 above should be 2009.
By the way I was off slightly. That is 35 out of 49 games. I forgot we only played 4 games in playoffs in 2016. That is better than 70 percent of all playoff games Mayfield has been involved in since 2009 are of the running clock variety or dang close.
[Image: Cool-Starry-Bra.jpg]
I could fill that with what hangs down lower. Be hard to get it around the legs though.
mysonis55 Wrote:I could fill that with what hangs down lower. Be hard to get it around the legs though.

Elephantiasis is a tough disease. If you need emotional support PM me🤪.

Btw, what brought this post on? The OP not your last one haha
People getting blown up because I predicted we were going to have back to back running clocks at War Memorial. Of course, it means I or we are arrogant. Instead of this actually being an opinion with factual basis to support it. So, I thought I would layout the reasons that I feel this is legitimate predictions and not just talk.
mysonis55 Wrote:As you can see that is 35 out of 50 playoff games since 2099 in which it would have been a running clock or dang close to it. Not to mention, I have stated since day 1 this team will rival the 2010 team in offense, which the stats are showing to this point. So even with a defense that isn’t as tough as some past years, it is very hard for teams to keep up.

So, if my predictions offend you, so be it. I have more than good reason for stating what I have. I stand by my prediction that the next 2 games will most likely be running clock games.

What is your percentage on picking running clock games vs what actually happened this season? Seems like you missed a few times....
Mayfield has always been a great football program and even when they moved up to 2A they never missed a beat. But just from a guy who don’t know a lot about football from that end of the state looks like that is a weak district or region. Now I not saying it is but just for some like me that don’t keep up with the western part of the state in football could think that. I like everyone else on here knows what a great tradition Mayfield has. But in the last 3 years that have not won the state championship and I think 3 years ago they weren’t in it now I may be wrong and have been wrong a lot. Mayfield will always have my respect but they are a high school football team that can be beat just like any other team but sometimes you come across like it’s impossible. Now this is just my opinion and I don’t really mean in a derogatory form but just as I see you sometimes and a few others as I read a lot of the posts on here.
I agree Patriot1, Mayfield is in a weak district, not the weakest but still weaker than others. I think they have a very good team but yes they can be beaten. They have a weak district but looking at their schedule it is obvious they still played a fairly tough non district schedule. I think they are a very well prepared team for a run at state title. They may not win it but it will take a great game effort for the team that beats them. I don't put any stock in some of the Mayfield posters here because they are just talking. Some facts, but it really just an opinion. Games decided on Friday nights, not on here. I think most of the stuff on here is funny, and don't take it seriously, trash talk is suppose to be fun. Some need to lighten up.
Many teams across the state that typically make long playoff runs, have a high % of running clock games, not that big a deal, especially ones that have played in weak districts.
mysonis55 Wrote:People getting blown up because I predicted we were going to have back to back running clocks at War Memorial. Of course, it means I or we are arrogant. Instead of this actually being an opinion with factual basis to support it. So, I thought I would layout the reasons that I feel this is legitimate predictions and not just talk.
I see I see. I’ve found that when people get mad at you for a comment and you back it up with facts or evidence, they just get more mad haha. You’re right though!
This cracks me up!!!! Do you need pat on back???? To tell you your team is good!!!! They’re very good!!!! There you go!!!! You may get one more running clock this year coming Friday. But not in Semis or finals!!! Looking forward proving you wrong!!!! Your team is awesome team but your taking this little overboard!!!
Hound05 Wrote:I see I see. I’ve found that when people get mad at you for a comment and you back it up with facts or evidence, they just get more mad haha. You’re right though!

Those are the facts and I agree but what were the teams records when all these facts took place. I definitely don’t know and really don’t care. Mayfield name speaks for itself in all it has accomplished over the years rich with tradition.plus Hound05 I am not mad and just expressing my opinion. Even the title of his thread is arrogant if you want my opinion. Don’t know the poster personally and he might be just having fun and that’s ok,too. I think Mayfield has a real good chance of winning the state championship in my opinion but they have to play the games.
Walt Longmire Wrote:What is your percentage on picking running clock games vs what actually happened this season? Seems like you missed a few times....

A little worse than I would like this year. It's been an unusual year. Never expected McCracken to turn things around, that one hurt my picks.
Patriot1 Wrote:Mayfield has always been a great football program and even when they moved up to 2A they never missed a beat. But just from a guy who don’t know a lot about football from that end of the state looks like that is a weak district or region. Now I not saying it is but just for some like me that don’t keep up with the western part of the state in football could think that. I like everyone else on here knows what a great tradition Mayfield has. But in the last 3 years that have not won the state championship and I think 3 years ago they weren’t in it now I may be wrong and have been wrong a lot. Mayfield will always have my respect but they are a high school football team that can be beat just like any other team but sometimes you come across like it’s impossible. Now this is just my opinion and I don’t really mean in a derogatory form but just as I see you sometimes and a few others as I read a lot of the posts on here.

Weak District? We had 2 of the top 10 teams in our district other than Mayfield. Murray and Caldwell County. Both are pretty good programs. Both have made multiple appearances at the state title games. The last being Caldwell in 2012 losing a close one to Newport Central Catholic. Besides that, we may have lost some close ones at state recently but, we beat everyone on the west side to get there. So, how does that indicate a weak district. Hard to be weak when you have played in all but 1 state championship since 2009.
Statebound19 Wrote:This cracks me up!!!! Do you need pat on back???? To tell you your team is good!!!! They’re very good!!!! There you go!!!! You may get one more running clock this year coming Friday. But not in Semis or finals!!! Looking forward proving you wrong!!!! Your team is awesome team but your taking this little overboard!!!

I see 2 more running clocks. Come watch, you will be able to get out just after half time. That's when the clocks will start.
mysonis55 Wrote:A little worse than I would like this year. It's been an unusual year. Never expected McCracken to turn things around, that one hurt my picks.

I think that was answered above. Several of those teams were undefeated. Several were just 1-4 loss teams. Granted there are several that were not good records, but that is because they were early round games. With that in mind though, the next 2 games are against at 6-6 Edmonson County and most likely at 7-5 Beechwood.
Patriot1 Wrote:Those are the facts and I agree but what were the teams records when all these facts took place. I definitely don’t know and really don’t care. Mayfield name speaks for itself in all it has accomplished over the years rich with tradition.plus Hound05 I am not mad and just expressing my opinion. Even the title of his thread is arrogant if you want my opinion. Don’t know the poster personally and he might be just having fun and that’s ok,too. I think Mayfield has a real good chance of winning the state championship in my opinion but they have to play the games.
Oh I know you’re not mad. At me at least haha. I just meant he was right about his facts. Now the whole point of the post. I totally agree with ya. I’m having a hard time understanding where it’s coming from and what the actual purpose of it is. Like you said. MF speaks for itself. I personally don’t care about running clocks as it don’t really prove much. A win is a win. Plus it’s kinda like you asked, and what I’m already sure of. Kentucky teams as a whole aren’t really that deep. So odds are most teams out a running clock the first couple or three rounds. I’m pretty sure corbin did it last year, and probably the year before. But I couldn’t even tell you who it was against. All i can say is we won. I’ve not followed MF close this year, so like I said I don’t get the actual point of this thread. Maybe I missed out on it all??
Pages: 1 2